• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Turn signal relay for LED turn signals

And the benifits are ...............?

Here's are a few reasons why:

1. Lesser current draws, which put back more energy back in to the electrical system to run more accessories, such as heated gear in the winter.
  2. LEDs last 10,000 to 100,000 hours of continuious use, which would be greater than the lifetime of the bike in most cases.
  3. LEDs are more brighter and have a distinct color that get attention more.
  4. Flashing LEDs are a sure way to get someone's attention quickly. That's one of the reasons emergency vehicles use them now.

The image below is taken of the running light, which only draws less than 0.1 Amp per bulb.

Attachments

• TurnConversion9.jpg
    TurnConversion9.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 506
Last edited:
No challenge on life, noticeability, or light output of LEDs. I do not believe the intermittent use on a turn signal provides any impact on other electrical loads.

+ 2 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Especially when excess power on the NC is sent to ground, the alternator is always at full output.

On the turn signal bulb life issue.........in all the miles, with all the bikes, in all the years I have never ever replaced a turn signal bulb because it burned out.

+ 2 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Especially when excess power on the NC is sent to ground, the alternator is always at full output.

On the turn signal bulb life issue.........in all the miles, with all the bikes, in all the years I have never ever replaced a turn signal bulb because it burned out.

Well then, it all boils down to a person's preference, now does it?

I see a value, while others may not... ;)

The benefit of the LED bulbs for me is because I put on clear turn signal lenses. Now the lenses look clear when parked instead of having amber color of an incandescent bulb leak through the clear lense. Also, it allowed me to run red turn signals in the back, and white light in the front/running/turn lights which is legal in Florida. (just to be different) lol

Gotcha, my mistake. Can we take a stock relay and modify it?

I've heard of others doing that, however it did not work out very well for me. I decided to make my own using an Off-The-Shelf (OTS) flasher unit designed for LED use. Check out the adaptor that I made in this Album.

Attachments

• FlasherAdaptor10.jpg
    FlasherAdaptor10.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 474
hey - so I found this one and wrote the seller and it seems like it will work and it is in the US and is $24 and change shipped. Going to give it a try.

item # 400574755441

Honda LED 4 Pin Relay Turn Signal for Flash Rate Lights GL1800 ST1300 VT750 | eBay

$(KGrHqJHJFEFI,wCid)8BSOLlMq9Gw~~60_57.JPG

Replaces OEM Part #: 38301-MEG-000
Replaces Manufacturer Part #'s: FR 33-025 (Mitsuba)

just a fyi - - that relay worked perfectly. Now running all led bulbs in the stock turn signal fixtures and the 4 ways and turn signals work perfectly.

I got this relay MFR part number 40-301. It does not work on my 2014. Blinkers still flash at ~60/min. Anyone else have any ideas that don't include hacking up a bunch of stuff to make it work?

hey - so I found this one and wrote the seller and it seems like it will work and it is in the US and is $24 and change shipped. Going to give it a try.

item # 400574755441

Honda LED 4 Pin Relay Turn Signal for Flash Rate Lights GL1800 ST1300 VT750 | eBay

$(KGrHqJHJFEFI,wCid)8BSOLlMq9Gw~~60_57.JPG

Replaces OEM Part #: 38301-MEG-000
Replaces Manufacturer Part #'s: FR 33-025 (Mitsuba)

just a fyi - - that relay worked perfectly. Now running all led bulbs in the stock turn signal fixtures and the 4 ways and turn signals work perfectly.

I finally received this unit and installed only one LED Replacement bulb and I experienced the same as you did. I figured out at a minor modification needs to be done for it function correctly. You will need to remove the cover, which can be remove very easily and then remove at least one of the resistors as noted in the image below. Be careful not to used the modified unit with 3 regular bulbs, it will "FRY" the unit. I speak for experience here.

Hmm I'm having this issue on my 2014. I guess our LED bulbs draw too much current. My bulbs are 1200 lumen (or so the manufacturer claims) and still draw 16w, which is way higher than a less expensive LED producing less light. Or something. :p It's still the easiest way to get LED flashers. I guess I'm taking out the soldering iron tonight. Thanks bigjeff and Brillot2000

Last edited:
Hmm I'm having this issue on my 2014. I guess our LED bulbs draw too much current. My bulbs are 1200 lumen (or so the manufacturer claims) and still draw 16w, which is way higher than a less expensive LED producing less light. Or something. :p It's still the easiest way to get LED flashers. I guess I'm taking out the soldering iron tonight. Thanks bigjeff and Brillot2000

Did the mod work out for you?
Did you remove middle resistor as per instructions?

Where can I find a relay replacement that will work on NC700X with all 4 LED turn signals?
I have been reading and it seems that there is no safe purchase. Some are reporting that relay works - others that it does not hing on their NC.
I would really appropriate if someone can point to a good relay for LED turn signals.
Thanks.

I as well have had no luck with just replacing the relay to an LED specific model. I also tried removing 1x and then even 2x of the resistors from the PCB with no luck for either case. Does anyone have any suggestions besides going with the in-line load resistors that are a pain? Does something else need to be removed from the circuit board of the relay?

Back