• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Request info on "Switch back LED turn signal" and LED flasher/relay

FIRE UP

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Men,
Well, at present, as some of you have seen in my post about painting my NC, my bike looks like it was hit with a grenade. Soooo, while it's in that state of disruption, I thought I'd maybe do an LED flasher/relay replacement so I could go all LED's on the turn signals. I've heard of this "Switchback LED turn signal thing" but, don't know that much about it. I did a search but, as happens many times, I found older threads on the subject, as in around '21 or so. So, I thought I'd ask for maybe more recent info if anyone's done the change over to LED's lately and, where did you get your LED flasher/relay? I surely appreciate any help here. Thanks way in advance.
Scott

Thread moved to NC750 Modifications.

For all of my LED needs, I use superbrightleds.com. Their service and quick shipping are always top notch. As far as I know, they do not offer the turn signal relay, but it can be had pretty reasonably on Amazon or Ali express.

For all of my LED needs, I use superbrightleds.com. Their service and quick shipping are always top notch. As far as I know, they do not offer the turn signal relay, but it can be had pretty reasonably on Amazon or Ali express.
Hey thanks Klap. Yep, been dealing with superbrightleds.com for years. Always had great service and I don't think I've ever purchased a bad component/LED or whatever I needed from them. They are a bit more expensive than many other sources but, they know what they're doing for sure. Now, I still need to learn about the switchback thing for the front turn signals.
Scott

Hey thanks Klap. Yep, been dealing with superbrightleds.com for years. Always had great service and I don't think I've ever purchased a bad component/LED or whatever I needed from them. They are a bit more expensive than many other sources but, they know what they're doing for sure. Now, I still need to learn about the switchback thing for the front turn signals.
Scott
My NC is a 2013, but I just bought 1157 switchback lamps ( bulbs), and replaced the incandescent lamps. Easy peasy. Of course, it requires an LED compatible relay too.I bought the clear lenses from Partzilla.
Note: I bought a pair of lenses on eBay for much cheaper, but they were not even CLOSE to being correct.

Hey Klap,
Thanks for the info. Where did you get the bulbs, superbrightleds.com? And where did you get the LED compatible relay/flasher?
Scott
P.S. I just realized my question was answered, thanks
Scott

Last edited:
Well Gang,
It's more than likely just me. I can't seem to find those clear lenses for the turn signals at Partzilla or anywhere except ebay and so far, it seems anyone who's used or tried to use the ebay versions have either had to modify them to fit, or simply don't use them. So, a little help in maybe a link to those would really help here. And second, the stock flasher/relay for the turn signals is a 4 pin unit. And I also can't seem to find an LED compatible replacement that's also 4 pin. I've found one or two that are 2-pin but, I'm pretty sure those won't work. I usually don't have too much problems with finding parts but these have got me stumped.

I have also found out that the bike came with the Honda sub harness which provides power to the frunk's 12V power outlet. That means I have at least 2-3 more connectors that I can tie into for my GPS and maybe my phone on the bars. I've been to Cycle terminals but I'm not sure I find the appropriate connectors to match those in that sub harness. May I ask the names or part numbers on those if someone has them handy? Thanks to all here for past and future help. Very much appreciated.
Scott

Have you read the following linked thread? It applies to a 2012 model so it may or may not help you, and some of the product links probably be expired

Have you read the following linked thread? It applies to a 2012 model so it may or may not help you, and some of the product links probably be expired

Hey Greg,
Thank you Sir for that link to the thread. I hadn't read that particular one and yep, most or all product links had expired. But, it's always good to read of others experiences when attempting to reach the same goal. I'm still having a bit of a time locating those clear lenses, even on Partzilla's site. I might have to look into modifying the OEM flasher for the ability to run LED lights. Not sure where pin "7" is though.
Scott

I recall a member here using their 3d printer to produce a part for their rear rack. I don't know anything about the materials that can be used in 3D printers, but I know that there are companies that will print an item for you. If they can print in clear plastic maybe that is an option?

Hey Greg,
Thank you Sir for that link to the thread. I hadn't read that particular one and yep, most or all product links had expired. But, it's always good to read of others experiences when attempting to reach the same goal. I'm still having a bit of a time locating those clear lenses, even on Partzilla's site. I might have to look into modifying the OEM flasher for the ability to run LED lights. Not sure where pin "7" is though.
Scott
Pin 7 is on the integrated circuit inside the flasher. Dual in-line package (DIP) ICs have a standardized pin numbering scheme. You have to cut the flasher module open to access it. See here:

If, within posts, there are expired links to old threads, you can try a new search for that topic. Unfortunately, when the forum changed software platforms a couple times, the old links were sometimes lost.

As for locating the lens parts, if Partzilla is no help, try one of dozens of other on-line Honda OEM parts sources. Use one that allows searching by part number, not just year/model. As an example, the picture below shows a lens part found on procaliber.com. The lenses fit my 2012; I cannot verify if they fit 2016-2020 NCX models.

F183504B-9F94-4964-BB25-E23C33D7623E.jpeg

Last edited:
Well Greg,
At present, I've decided to back off on the LED thing for the NC. I surgically removed the outer cover of my flasher/relay in prep to do the inter-surgery BUT, as you can see in the pic(s), apparently there has been some changes to the internals of that flasher, even though the part number may be almost identical. It is a Mitsuba and according to the pics of the one I saw dissected for the modification and others, it is the same part number. But, the PC board in mine looks nothing like the ones that are being modified. there is no pin "7" to remove because, there's no IC chip with the 8 pins on it. And, in the research I've done so far, I can't find an identical 4-pin flasher/relay that is LED compatible and is also compatible with that plug on the bike. So, for now, I'm just gonna run the stock setup. I thank Greg and anyone else who's tried to help here with this endeavor I was trying to do. Very much appreciated.
Scott

Attachments

• IMG_5707.JPG
    IMG_5707.JPG
    597.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_5708.JPG
    IMG_5708.JPG
    713.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_5709.JPG
    IMG_5709.JPG
    640.4 KB · Views: 10
Well Greg,
At present, I've decided to back off on the LED thing for the NC. I surgically removed the outer cover of my flasher/relay in prep to do the inter-surgery BUT, as you can see in the pic(s), apparently there has been some changes to the internals of that flasher, even though the part number may be almost identical. It is a Mitsuba and according to the pics of the one I saw dissected for the modification and others, it is the same part number. But, the PC board in mine looks nothing like the ones that are being modified. there is no pin "7" to remove because, there's no IC chip with the 8 pins on it. And, in the research I've done so far, I can't find an identical 4-pin flasher/relay that is LED compatible and is also compatible with that plug on the bike. So, for now, I'm just gonna run the stock setup. I thank Greg and anyone else who's tried to help here with this endeavor I was trying to do. Very much appreciated.
Scott
I’m curious, since you have a revised flasher from what was used in original NC700 products, or it possible that is already LED compatible? Have you confirmed it one way or the other?

Hey Greg,
Thanks for asking. No Sir, I've not confirmed that the particular flasher I do have, IS or IS NOT compatible with LED fixtures. Since I just finished painting the plastics (you've seen the photos), I'm at present re-assembling the bike. Knowing what's involved with the disassembling and re-assembling of body paneling/fairing components now, will surely aid in future projects like maybe changing out that flasher if and or when it may be needed to. Apparently someone's had their mits in there before. The bike came with a 12V power port in the frump. Removing the panels/fairing components was two-fold. First and foremost, to allow for painting of all those BLACK parts. And man, I can't be any happier with the results.

And the second reason for disassembly of all those parts was to add wiring and provisions for my Garmin Zumo XT GPS unit and, while in there, I added wiring for a volt meter too. I also found out I had the Honda sub harness already there so that was a blessing. So, I'm definitely busy.
Scott

Hey Greg,
Thanks for asking. No Sir, I've not confirmed that the particular flasher I do have, IS or IS NOT compatible with LED fixtures. Since I just finished painting the plastics (you've seen the photos), I'm at present re-assembling the bike. Knowing what's involved with the disassembling and re-assembling of body paneling/fairing components now, will surely aid in future projects like maybe changing out that flasher if and or when it may be needed to. Apparently someone's had their mits in there before. The bike came with a 12V power port in the frump. Removing the panels/fairing components was two-fold. First and foremost, to allow for painting of all those BLACK parts. And man, I can't be any happier with the results.

And the second reason for disassembly of all those parts was to add wiring and provisions for my Garmin Zumo XT GPS unit and, while in there, I added wiring for a volt meter too. I also found out I had the Honda sub harness already there so that was a blessing. So, I'm definitely busy.
Scott
You could temporarily remove a front or rear turn signal lamp and try it out. If the flash rate remains normal on the one remaining lamp, the flasher will probably work with LED substitutes.

Roger that Sir, I was thinking the same thing. I've red of those ultra bright switchback LED's that riders have installed and I'd sure like to be able to run those. We'll see.
Scott

Back