• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Traded for a leftover 2012 NCX

jdmitchell

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey there, I'm Jeremy. Just retired from the Army earlier this year and am currently working in the oilfields up in North Dakota.

Traded my 2008 Concours 14 for a new NCX today. I've been lurking here for the past several weeks and decided to join up today since I pulled the trigger on the deal. Huge loss in hp compared to my C14 that put down over 160 hp to the wheel but I think I will survive once I get some new cases put on(undecided about trax or caribou) . Much better (as in 30-40 mpg better) fuel mileage and this bike handles better than it should. The NC700 is a true example of a bike being greater than the sum of it's parts. Will it out run nearly anything on the road like my last bike? Nope. Do I care? Nope. Does it put a smile on my face when it arcs a perfect corner as I clip a late apex on 20 mph corner that I just took at 55 mph? Youbetcha! There is something refreshing about going to a lighter, simpler bike that alot of experienced riders might overlook since it is marketed to appeal to new riders. I love modifying and making my bike my own (planning on new suspension, luggage, and crash/motor protection for now)so I look forward to learning more from this forum and maybe even running into some of ya'll out on the road.
Traded this....
3y9uputu.jpg

For this. At least my C14 was still worth enough with 60, 000 miles that I could trade with no cash exchanged at the dealer.
y7uzehe9.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

Seems like a lot of people here have moved from a much more powerful bike to the NCX. We did this willingly and fully understood what they were getting ourselves into. I'm glad you are satisfied with your trade and enjoy yourself as you begin to modify your new toy.

Seems like a lot of people here have moved from a much more powerful bike to the NCX. We did this willingly and fully understood what they were getting ourselves into. I'm glad you are satisfied with your trade and enjoy yourself as you begin to modify your new toy.
My feelings exactly, back to the basics and enjoying it.

Welcome from Abu Dhabi, UAE. Have fun with the bike, either riding or modding her or even both. :)

I got an impression now that mature riders prefer to pick a reasonable bike which fits to their own purposes and budget. Bigger power or better looks are not necessarily hitting points to them. I might be wrong. Some marketing guys may not agree and may have better insight.

Less heat on the shins for sure! That Kawasaki is a great bike and you will probably miss some of that power. But, you will forget about it quickly when you stop at the pump!
Welcome to the forum and enjoy the new ride,

Thanks for all the hospitality. I got busy after my 200 mile ride today and installed a lead for my battery tender and a 12v outlet so I can keep my gadgets charged up. Next up is a 1111FZ and M5 plate so I can mount my Givi E52 Maxia as soon as I find out if it will work with either the Caribou (Hepco Baker I believe) or Trax panniers mounting brackets.

Welcome from Central Missouri! Sure are alot of MO riders here (and growing)...yet I haven't seen one out in the wild :cool:

Welcome from another NCX newby. I came to her from a Buell 1125CR, and a Triumph Tiger 1050, so I do understand the loss in HP, but I am now more mature and don't need huge HP numbers to make up for (ahem) certain physiological shortcomings. Or maybe, I'm just getting old.

Back