• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Texting on Motorcycle Fatal

That's a shame for his family. Losing a member and probably being stuck with a helicopter bill.

I got caught at a light the other day (I knew it was a long one - it's my everyday trip). I pulled out my phone and sent a short text and promptly put it away.
I still felt like I did something wrong.....

Ok not trying to minimize the loss of life but seriously, no helmet...dumb. Texting on motorcycle...dumber. No helmet and texting in the fast lane on the highway...simply insanity.

I successfully sent a text the other day on my Shadow, using my Sena bluetooth and voice recognition. That was weird, lol

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

There is a video (or doubtless many more) floating around the net of a guy in India or somewhere, riding down a busy freeway, while he is actually reclining with no hands on the bars and texting away. Obviously no helmet or gear. Tshirt, shorts, flip flops.

I successfully sent a text the other day on my Shadow, using my Sena bluetooth and voice recognition. That was weird, lol

My wife had learned that any gibberish that I might txt her usually means I'm on my way home... Things like "on my dome" or "head Ed gnome" or just "text"

She'll also often receive messages like "safe" or "save" or sometimes "ace" or "bass" all of which mean I've arrived at or near my destination ok...

I saw the video of an experiment. College students were walking to class while talking on their phones. A guy dressed like a clown, riding a unicycle would ride in front of them. When interviewed, they never noticed the clown. Shows the level of distraction. Texting is worse.

I saw the video of an experiment. College students were walking to class while talking on their phones. A guy dressed like a clown, riding a unicycle would ride in front of them. When interviewed, they never noticed the clown. Shows the level of distraction. Texting is worse.

Scary thought when you consider you may be the clown on your bike and they are behind the wheel instead of a pedestrian. If a clown can't get their attention do we think high viz will?

Last edited:
That's the point. We have roads full of drivers who might as well be drunk. Its a dangerous world.

I have yelled at people f'ing with their phones. YOU ARE GOING TO KILL SOMEBODY!!!! The idiots are everywhere. Cellular providers need to shut down moving cell use,period. Worse than driving drunk, even hands free. We are all paying a price with the insurance rates being generated by stupidity. Let me step off my soapbox now..... Hope the subject of the post was an organ donor...... Ok, now I'll step down.

Scary though when you consider you may be the clown on your bike and they are behind the wheel instead of a pedestrian. If a clown can't get they're attention do we think high viz will?

This is why we should ride like we are invisible. That said I have found that Hi-Vis does help and I get fewer close calls, but nothing is 100%.

Texting is worse than navigating, because you are engrossed in conversation with someone instead of focusing on the ride.
Both are bad, and so is talking on the phone.
Hands free legislation is probably the best we can hope for, at least their eyes and fingers aren't as distracted as their ears and minds.

My daughters' best friend since pre-school died two nights ago. She crashed her car ion a curve on an out-building with a concrete foundation. The autopsy is not done but my daughter says she was always texting and driving. 22 y.o. beautiful girl gone.
It really is a shame. The smartest kids do the dumbest things.

My daughters' best friend since pre-school died two nights ago. She crashed her car ion a curve on an out-building with a concrete foundation. The autopsy is not done but my daughter says she was always texting and driving. 22 y.o. beautiful girl gone.
It really is a shame. The smartest kids do the dumbest things.

That's terrible, sorry for your daughter's loss.

Yep. Learned how to do that this month. Android Phone with the Altec-Lansing ear buds...(the ones that have a hanging mic.) make is so easy.

hands free!

Back