• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

SW-MOTECH CRASH BAR Problems

Does anyone have an update with the fitment issue? I'm trying to make a decision of what I'm going to check off the list next. I've decided when I do get crash bars they will be the SW-Motech bars, but I don't want to buy a pair till this issue has been resolved.

just got in a set for my bike will install on sunday, will post if i have any problems, that the tig, or spool gun, or plasma cutter wont fix. dale

We won't be hearing from him :D.

yes the left side lower mounting hole is off about 4mm. i think the top mount moved when the had it in the jig, none of the tools above will work to fix it, but the porta power clamp shell easyly bent the tubing to line up the hole, without hurting the finish. i normally use the cross brace on the sw-motech case guard to line up my skid plates, for fitting and welding. dale

Well I would say that confirms there is a production issue on SW-motech's end of things. These are still my bars of choice guess I'll be waiting a while to order them, unless.. How much is a porta power clamp shell? Does snap-on sell one? They ciome by the shop weekly.

Well I would say that confirms there is a production issue on SW-motech's end of things. These are still my bars of choice guess I'll be waiting a while to order them, unless.. How much is a porta power clamp shell? Does snap-on sell one? They ciome by the shop weekly.

If it's snap on you can't afford it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

How much is a porta power clamp shell? Does snap-on sell one? They ciome by the shop weekly.

You ever get what you were looking for? Porta-Power is a Blackhawk brand name/trademark/whatever. You can find crappily-made Chinese versions at Harbor Freight. They're not good for heavy or regular use, but as a more-or-less one-time-use thing, they often work.

Sorry for the fit issues guys. We are well aware of this issue due to help from y'all. We are sampling the crashbars now and have informed SW-MOTECH. They are addressing the issue and will resolve the problem ASAP. All remaining inventory has been removed from "availability". I'd like to say that we will have this resolved in a week or two but with the production facility on the other side of the pond this complicates things. At this early stage it is not possible to accurately quote an amount of time before we are resolved. Rest assured though that any SW-MOTECH crashbars that leave here going forward will fit correctly.

Kevin

Any update on the SW Motech crash bars being corrected and available?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Any update on the SW Motech crash bars being corrected and available?

I'm impressed! I was just coming here to put an update up.

There is not a lot of information yet. I was given an update from SW-MOTECH. The part of the process that caused the fitment issues has been identified. The next shipment of inventory will have had adjustments made to alleviate the issue. I have no ETA on deliveries.

Kevin

This is why many of my farkles have been purchased through Twisted Throttle. How many companies would come right to the source and do all they can to remedy such a situation. Thanks Kevin, much appreciated. Max

There is not a lot of information yet. I was given an update from SW-MOTECH. The part of the process that caused the fitment issues has been identified. The next shipment of inventory will have had adjustments made to alleviate the issue. I have no ETA on deliveries.

Kevin

This is why many of my farkles have been purchased through Twisted Throttle. How many companies would come right to the source and do all they can to remedy such a situation. Thanks Kevin, much appreciated. Max

Well Max, in a show of mutual love I need to point out the fact that we learned about this from this thread. Not only that but when I came clean you guys didn't get out your pitchforks and torches..... We only want to to offer the best stuff on earth. Sometimes there are problems. It serves no useful purpose to keep selling the part that has been identified as suspect. I'm taking all of the credit but I work with a team of enthusiastic coworkers and suppliers. SW-MOTECH has to be given a lot of credit here too. They are more a partner than a manufacturer. In fact, the chief designer of SW-MOTECH is the BROTHER of the founder of Twisted Throttle!

Kev

My .02, great investment with the crashbars, my bike wouldn't look the same without them (post-accident pics);

Right side of the bike took the fall

Well Max, in a show of mutual love I need to point out the fact that we learned about this from this thread. Not only that but when I came clean you guys didn't get out your pitchforks and torches..... We only want to to offer the best stuff on earth. Sometimes there are problems. It serves no useful purpose to keep selling the part that has been identified as suspect. I'm taking all of the credit but I work with a team of enthusiastic coworkers and suppliers. SW-MOTECH has to be given a lot of credit here too. They are more a partner than a manufacturer. In fact, the chief designer of SW-MOTECH is the BROTHER of the founder of Twisted Throttle!

Kev

Kevin

Any new updates on the SW Motech crash bars? They disappeared from the Twisted Throttle Web site.

I just asked them to hide the product page on our site. We just received a run of them into our warehouse and the first inspection lead us to believe they are not the updated bars. Since they are in inventory our website thinks it is ok to sell them we thought it best to make them invisible.

Until we are certain that what we are selling will fit properly it seemed prudent to "hide" them. I will update as soon as the testing is done.

There may have been a few sales of these bars before the site was updated. They have all been sequestered and nothing has been sent yet. None of the crasbars ordered have been shipped from the new stock we received yet. If you get some, They are good and will fit properly. I suspect, I will have an answer tomorrow (Friday, December 20, 2013).

Kevin

Back