• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Stock Seat

Question about the Russell. Some have commented that Russell saddles are fantastic for long rides but not great for jaunts around town because the "wings" get in the way when stopping repeatedly for lights, traffic, etc. Can any Russell owners comment on that?

It's particularly a concern for me because the majority of my riding on the NC700x is around Los Angeles, and I love it for that. Wouldn't want to put a damper on that kind of riding. --- However, when I get on a freeway or other highway for even 45 minutes, the forward slope of the stock seat just kills me.

David

Question about the Russell. Some have commented that Russell saddles are fantastic for long rides but not great for jaunts around town because the "wings" get in the way when stopping repeatedly for lights, traffic, etc. Can any Russell owners comment on that?

It's particularly a concern for me because the majority of my riding on the NC700x is around Los Angeles, and I love it for that. Wouldn't want to put a damper on that kind of riding. --- However, when I get on a freeway or other highway for even 45 minutes, the forward slope of the stock seat just kills me.

David

If you are tall, the Russell wings will present no problem. If you are short, go cautiously. It probably takes away the equivalent of 2 inches of "reach". I am 6-2" and did not miss the difference.

Some shorter people tellme they just push forward at a stop. I can see where that would be a PITA in heavy traffic.

But yes, Russells are fantastically comfortable and last forever. I have run them exclusively for decades.

Lee

Back