• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Stock Seat

One possible solution is wearing a padded cyclists pants under your riding pants?
There are so many models around, I am sure you can find one. And it is more hygienic too.
:p

What is CSMF?

Edit: wait I jusst got it...

can someone clue me in on CSMF, unless it is dirty? Is it a motorcycle term?? Yes, I'm ignorant in some of these terms

can someone clue me in on CSMF, unless it is dirty? Is it a motorcycle term?? Yes, I'm ignorant in some of these terms

first word....shounds like shock (you know, the thing between the wheel and the chassis)
second word.....action of drawing air in a tubular format (can use mouth)
third.....partner of father
last word...ermm you should have gotten it by now....else we call you CSMF also...
:D

PS: I may be totally wrong here...

One possible solution is wearing a padded cyclists pants under your riding pants?
There are so many models around, I am sure you can find one. And it is more hygienic too.

What is CSMF?

Edit: wait I jusst got it...

Took you a minute or two lol.

How can I wear a padded diaper when I am concealing my .357 in my pants already? The stock seat sucks period! I don't care how many miles you have under your belt. I have been on too many motorcycles in my lifetime and have too many miles in the saddle of them to know what sucks and what does not. I was a Heavy Equipment Operator in the US Navy Seabees for 25 years and I have been in the saddle of every piece of construction equipment known to man.

Took you a moment or two lol. How can I wear a padded diaper when I am concealing my .357 in my pants already? The stock seat sucks period! I don't care how many miles you have under your belt. I have been on too many motorcycles in my lifetime and have too many miles in the saddle of them to know what sucks and what does not. I was a Heavy Equipment Operator in the US Navy Seabees for 25 years and I have been in the saddle of every piece of construction equipment known to man.

My oh my....like Joker in Batman movie said "we've got a live one in here..."

Anyway, take it easy. change the seat....whatever.
It is a darn good bike overall IMHO.

PS: Why did you have to say you are a Heavy whatever operator?
I thought this was you:
90_L-catherine-bell-navy-hat.jpg

...or something close.
Now you spoilt it for me...

Or are you in this format?
tumblr_ljszu6Y9d81qdhvyro1_400.jpg

Last edited:
My oh my....like Joker in Batman movie said "we've got a live one in here..."

Anyway, take it easy. change the seat....whatever.
It is a darn good bike overall IMHO.

PS: Why did you have to say you are a Heavy whatever operator?
I thought this was you:
View attachment 240

...or something close.
Now you spoilt it for me...

Or are you in this format?
View attachment 241

I will have Dianna up in Western NC help me with the comfort of my stock seat when I get there. I posted her website earlier in this thread. I am happy with the NC700X. I should know by now since I have 20,000 + miles on it since I bought it 8/25/12 and that was just to the corner store and back two or three times.

Last edited:
Hard Seat

I just took the 2012 NC700X for my first 1 hour trip around town breaking her in. The only thing that feels broken in is my Bony Boston Butt. OMG! I am 6' with an inseam of 34". Is anyone else experiencing a problem with being saddle sore after their ride? I have never been in this riding position before. All my other bikes have been muscle cruisers. I am riding the straight and flat roads of SE Florida right now until I move back up to the mountains of Western NC May 1st. The NC700X seams to crave the tight turns and hills that WNC has to offer. My riding habits will change when I move up there. Right now I am just wiggling around to take the pressure off my a**.

Yes, I have the same problem regarding lack of padding in rear! Recently did a 300 mile tour of south coast of England, and had to make more stops than I would have liked to get some blood supply there. But, i'm sure there will be companies providing seat options soon

Took you a minute or two lol.

How can I wear a padded diaper when I am concealing my .357 in my pants already? The stock seat sucks period! I don't care how many miles you have under your belt. I have been on too many motorcycles in my lifetime and have too many miles in the saddle of them to know what sucks and what does not. I was a Heavy Equipment Operator in the US Navy Seabees for 25 years and I have been in the saddle of every piece of construction equipment known to man.
Calm down bro. I realize the stock seat sucks for you. It doesn't for me. Let's leave it at that.

What 670cc says about the bike shorts. They work well. A friend and I took a two day mountain road vacation a couple of years ago and having a pair of padded bike shorts on made a big difference in comfort. We didn't get off our bikes untill 3 or four hours had passed, and that was only to re-establish our bearings (read coffee break). The stock seat on my Ducati Multistrada was worse, to me, than the seat on the NCX. I'm 5'9" and about 180 so the ergos are just right

OMG! My aching Boston Butt. I went out for another ride late this afternoon. Same thing, I could not wait to get off this motorcycle. I do not know what I am going to do. I can't be putting on padded diapers every time I ride the NC. I will try anything once. Sounds ok if I was to take a 3 hour tour as I intended to do when I moved back up in the mountains of Western NC. I sold my 2006 Harley Davidson Springer Softail because I was scraping my pegs all day long in the twisties. I thought the NC was for me. Plenty of clearance and great gas mileage. I am going to try and modify the seat as best as I can. ASAP! My dealer said that the seat and my butt need to become one with each other and keep on trucking. There is no way in he!! I am going to make this happen with the STOCK SEAT.

Last edited:
Oh my goodness!! Bikers, you made my day on the seat commentary! It might well be that ones mass coupled with lack of, ahem, built-in padding is the root cause of the bum issue. I'm around 135 when I last hit the scales, and I haven't had a problem. May have more to report if I do a 9hr run. My first ride out of the Honda stable (dealership) was almost 2hr continuous, no worse for wear.

Oh my goodness!! Bikers, you made my day on the seat commentary! It might well be that ones mass coupled with lack of, ahem, built-in padding is the root cause of the bum issue. I'm around 135 when I last hit the scales, and I haven't had a problem. May have more to report if I do a 9hr run. My first ride out of the Honda stable (dealership) was almost 2hr continuous, no worse for wear.

It has been a LOOOOOOOONG time since I last made a 6 to 9-hour non-stop (except for fuel up and a quick drink) type of riding.
That was at least 15 years ago. My bum was more brand new then....

Now, I am not sure if it is the quality seat or the quality of our bums....which is the problem.

Now, I am not sure if it is the quality seat or the quality of our bums....which is the problem.

My "bum" as we call it made a 13,200 mile trip to the top of Alaska on a proper seat with several 16 hour days in a row. At any rate, I can change the seat more readily than the old bum. By the way, I ride long days now much easier than I did in my youth. Partly because the seats are better.

My "bum" as we call it made a 13,200 mile trip to the top of Alaska on a proper seat with several 16 hour days in a row. At any rate, I can change the seat more readily than the old bum. By the way, I ride long days now much easier than I did in my youth. Partly because the seats are better.

Eagerly waiting to see your "proper seat"....with pictures....No, not your bum pictures please.

Quit the bitching, how many bikes have you owned that had a great seat from the factory? Everyone is different, where bike shorts, not "padded diapers", work for some a sheepskin may works for others.

If you can stand the seat pay Russell or Mayer a visit and buy one of the best seats out there. Then you can bitch about how it looks.

Rant over. :)

Back