• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

So what did you do TO your NC700 today.

Should this thread be made a Sticky?

• Yes.

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • No.

Votes: 20 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully the cable between the ANCD and AN/PRC 119 is good. Those things were always a PITA. Now they use these.

View attachment 10925

ANCD!! I was trying to remember what those were called! Yes, those were so finiky. I remember going through so many cable to try and get them to sinc up. Cleaning the contacts, spitting on them and trying to get them to make contact always sucked. Especially when they are dirty.

I just put on a new Corbin seat today! Had to go gas up and take it for a spin. Definitely firm but the ergonomics are a lot better. Hits the butt at the sit bones which will take pressure off the tailbone.

Installed my center stand, spun the tire, found a nail, pulled it, fixed the hole, put air in the tire, broke the gauge, now waiting till tomorrow to buy a new air pump...

Changed the oil at 157 miles.

Since it was my first new bike, I wanted to start it off with a nice break-in period. Walked across the street on my lunch and picked up some Maxima oil and a generic filter. Not sure on the final oil to be used, but for now I just wanted to have some clean oil in there.

Did it make a noticeable difference? Can't say either way.

Replaced the original stock chain with a DID 520 VX2 114 link with rivet master link. The original chain only had 7500 miles on it and had no indication of any problems at this point, but I went ahead and changed it out now to avoid any chain problems this summer when I plan on doing some long distance touring into Canada and Alaska. I installed the new chain on the original front and rear factory sprockets which are still in great shape.

Added some clear pvc edge trim to my Givi windscreen. Helps clean up the custom routing I did to increase clearance for the hand guards. Tape is there to keep the sharper bends in place till the adhesive dries. I'm happy with it! Looks more like the Honda screen, which I really like.

image.jpg

Yeah, I'm not sure I could ever part with the Guzzi! Very hard to make a comparison though as they are totally different bikes, the only real similarity is that they both have two wheels and a motor. :D

Today I installed my DanMoto Jisu exhaust. Went on easily with a little sanding of the stock header pipe where the new mid pipe connects.

Love the sound this muffler creates. Very quiet at idle and then thumpy and deep when revving without ever being too loud.

Already brainstorming on some high pipe arrangements. ;)

12297519436_e64384499c_c.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back