• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

So what did you do TO your NC700 today.

Should this thread be made a Sticky?

• Yes.

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • No.

Votes: 20 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I installed the two brothers exhaust...I'm not sure if the video does justice to the actual sound.
Here is a video when I arrived to work today

[video=youtube;leTMJKAl0PY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leTMJKAl0PY[/video]

My chain is at about 12,000 miles has not really stretched ( 1 adjustment. ) but is starting to kink,why does this happen. ?????

Just seems to be a cheap chain used by the mothership. Mine hasn't stretched much at all either, but the links are starting to kink, and I'm getting a little red dust. My guess is poor (defective?) o-rings that seal the internal lube in.

trey

Well, Friday my brother and I did tires. I pulled off his old front and reattached it (he didn't trust me not to mess up the new one), then we switched out my PR2 rear for a K60. That was interesting. I've resolved to let the shop mount any tires that stiff in the future.
Yesterday I took the rear in for balancing, put it back on, realized I was missing a spacer, panicked, found spacer on shop's balancer, got rear wheel back where it belongs and chain all happily adjusted.. Did the 24,000 mile service, which took about 4 hours by the time everything was back together. Was planning to poke holes in my front tire and practice plugging, then swap in my TKC, but the hubby wanted to go bike shopping (he's narrowed it down to the 1200GS, Tiger Explorer, or Super Tenere) , and we were running out of time. Got my skidplate painted and ready to go on, but crash bars won't be here until Tuesday or so, figured I'd put those on at the same time.
Felt very odd riding on the new tire. Very odd. I'm sure I'll get used to it, but it'll be interesting to feel once the front is done, too.

Hyper-Lites

Installed Hyper-Lites, auxiliary LED brake light flashers. Two 8-bulb LED modules and the control pod (which I mounted in the tail cone). The light modules fit perfectly on the license plate frame. Ran the wires up through a flat area under the tail light and all connections were made at the tail light connectors that are hidden under the rear fender.

The pictures don't do the lights justice as they are very bright. When the brake is applied they flash rapidly about 12 times and then go solid red. You can also set them to continuously flash as long as the brakes are on. Had these on my Blackbird and some people commented on how they definitely noticed my braking. Since this is my wife's bike I want her to be safe as possible and anything added to make it more conspicuous is a plus IMO.

Here's the website: Hyper-Lites I have no affiliation with this company.

Picture of them mounted and not activated
photo_22.JPG

With brakes activated
photo_32.JPG

Wire run up under tail light. Drilled a hole and installed a rubber grommet and wire sheathing. Sorry about the sideways photo
photo_13.JPG

Today I did my 8000 mile valve adjustment, along with an oil and filter change. All of the intake valves were slightly tight and the exhaust valves were all just a bit more on the tight side.

Installed a FendaExtenda. Wasn't too crazy about just using the plastic rivets so used two rivets and two faring screws from my screw kit.
uguqy9u5.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Tonight I installed the center stand from Honda that I had bought. Thanks to the forums here, I used the trick with a cord to extend one of the springs by tieing the cord to the spring and the back wheel since it was so tight to pull!

And this weekend I bit the bullet and bought the saddle bags for the bike. Got an amazing deal from my dealer where I bought the bike (even cheaper than the US price) Actually the saddle bags are from the Varadero model but they are the exact same bags for the NC700X. Just gotta now buy the metal brackets from Pro Caliber and get them delivered to my address in the states. Can't wait to get them on!

Got the Dzell radiator guard in the mail today, I ordered it less than a week ago, he is fast considering he is halfway across the globe. Was easy to install. I think my wife is tired of me checking the mail for the latest farkle then disappearing into the garage every night.
aqe4ahu2.jpg

Today Rox risers. Probably the last farkle for a while, waiting on crash bars from Twisted Throttle and have some oem luggage on order from Honda.
by6yqeqe.jpg

Today Rox risers. Probably the last farkle for a while, waiting on crash bars from Twisted Throttle and have some oem luggage on order from Honda.
by6yqeqe.jpg

Nice :)

The Rox I put on my NCX last weekend were the ones I took off my BMW, which alas, had silver bars and triple clamps, so I had gone with polished aluminum silver. I really wanted to paint them black before reusing them with the 700, but never got around to it. :( They look much better in black I think. :D

Nice :)

The Rox I put on my NCX last weekend were the ones I took off my BMW, which alas, had silver bars and triple clamps, so I had gone with polished aluminum silver. I really wanted to paint them black before reusing them with the 700, but never got around to it. :( They look much better in black I think. :D
Any problem with the lengths of the cables, wiring and brake hose? Did you have to re-route any of these things?

Any problem with the lengths of the cables, wiring and brake hose? Did you have to re-route any of these things?

Nope, no problems and no need to reroute anything. :)

Edit: I should mention I have the ABS/Linked brake Manual Trans model, so it's possible YMMV!

I did, however, do the same as everyone else I guess, and: undo the two cable ties holding the electrical wires to the handlebars, allowing for some slack and movement before re-attaching the ties a bit looser, and: remove the little hoop bracket (one 5mm Allen bolt you get at from up underneath the front of the top triple clamp) that holds the front brake line too tightly at the grommet location.

Last edited:
Just got my new set of Hippo Hands on the front porch this evening. Got home at 10pm and saw them...needless to say, I couldn't wait until morning to stick them on the bike. I'll give them a trial run in to work tomorrow.

This weekend I will be having a little farkle-palooza (since most of my mods have been of the DIY sort) I am sticking on a set of Shinko 705s (the fat front), some curvy girl 90 degree valve stems, an MRA vario screen and a set of grip warmers. I'll submit pictures next week, but I'm getting excited just typing this post!!!!

I had to loosen the lower brake line clamp on the triple tree and move it up. Initially I was pinching the brake line with between the fork and the duck bill support bar so moved the bracket back down and out of the way. I moved the wires in the tiedowns. Clutch cable is a little tight but Ok. Now just have to wait until Monday to ride again to see if I like the fit of the risers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back