• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

So what did you do TO your NC700 today.

Should this thread be made a Sticky?

• Yes.

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • No.

Votes: 20 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Installed a center stand then cleaned and lubed the chain, so much easier to lube the chain with a center stand!

Installed the heated liner lead under the seat. Using the wireless troller. Just ordered a mounted version. Easier adjustment while riding.

Heated Grips arrived. They will get installed when the new heat troller arrives.

I have an old carpet that we were going to toss. It has been in the garage for almost a week waiting for trash day. I got thinking how much happier my bike would be on the carpet rather than on the cold cement floor. Really, just better on my knees when I lube the chain. It does look cool and show off the bike a bit in an otherwise blah garage.

Last night when I got home from a ride there was a package on my front porch. It was my MRA Vario windshield! Well, 20 minutes later it was installed. Looks great.

Well, this morning I called Beemerphile to assist with putting on some new Shinko 705s. He contacted me and I headed over there. I went with the same set-up that Brinkhouse put on his bike along with the front fender lift to accommodate the bigger front tire. I think it looks awesome, and the tires ride great as well! I'll put them through some more aggressive riding tomorrow and work on scrubbing off the slick stuff on the sides. I had purchased some 90 degree valve stems, but as it turns out, I picked out the wrong size. Well Lee had some in the right size, but the wrong color. They are red which is a little too much, but it was what he had. Big thanks to Lee for the help. Here's a picture.

20131123_173458-L.jpg

Today,

I went for a ride with my pal, the KLR. It was 22 degree weather, with a feel of 3. Pretty cold. I think it was the last ride of the season.

Here is a picture to prove it happened. Lol.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1385267229335.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1385267229335.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 318
It was 22 degree weather!!! COLD?
WIMP.:p that is our average summer weather and I'm sweating in that.
and I walk around a 'T'shirt and shorts.
currently our highest temp now in mid day is 6 degrees that is cold.

It was 22 degree weather!!! COLD?
WIMP.:p that is our average summer weather and I'm sweating in that.
and I walk around a 'T'shirt and shorts.
currently our highest temp now in mid day is 6 degrees that is cold.

Johnakay, I need to get me better gear. :) Now, are you talking C or F, I forgot to include F.

Do you use heated gear? What about a balaclava? I was the coldest at my neck and face.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I think I was supposed to post this under What I did with my NC, instead of What I did TO my NC. LOL, Sorry.

Tony

Johnakay, I need to get me better gear. :) Now, are you talking C or F, I forgot to include F.

Do you use heated gear? What about a balaclava? I was the coldest at my neck and face.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I think I was supposed to post this under What I did with my NC, instead of What I did TO my NC. LOL, Sorry.

Tony

I would imagine he is using Celsius. The US is about the only country still using Fahrenheit.

I would imagine he is using Celsius. The US is about the only country still using Fahrenheit.

yes celsius . 20f is cold but tolerable.
no I dont have any thing that is heated on the bike.
just good windand water proof gear and long johns and big gloves .
surprising how warm your hand can get with over size gloves.
and neck warmers. generally I wear a T shirt and a good thick sweat sweat shirt with long sleeves.
my jacket and trouser's has thermal liners in so I'm comfortable and so is our lass.
some times finger ends do get cold but my toes does all the time.
I take a size 11 but wide and inept is high to. I have problems here getting boots that fits.
the makers must think that we all have tiny feet here.
I bet you guys in the states have no problems with extra large gear or boots.

one more thing keep your head snug and warm. you'll be surprise how much heat you loose through your head.

Last edited:
Since I decided to NOT use my NC off-road and buy a dual sport bike I took off my rack and put on my E46 top box.This box has been on 4 bikes and has atleast 150,000 miles on it and it's still water tight..I love the E series from GIVI !!.
8a3aqu9a.jpg

qujadyha.jpg

nuhuruju.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Added lights, accessory socket, garage door opener and name

Technically I did these mods Saturday and Sunday to my wife's NCXD. The wiring and removing the panels took the longest amount of time but the results were worth it. All electrical components were powered by the OEM accessory harness and relay. I bought the proper connectors to tie them in correctly. However I also installed secondary fuses on all the components which are accessible in the battery compartment.

First installed LED fog lights. These are for daytime conspicuity more than adding to the road lighting at night. They were $49 off of eBay and are quite bright and seemed surprisingly well made. The mounts are from Revzilla and are the PIAA mounts which cost as much as the lights themselves but are very sturdy and adjustable. I wired them to come on always when the bike is on but per PA inspection rules they have to shut off when the high-beams are on so that required a second relay triggered by the low beam power.

Lights off
silverhound-albums-ncx-mods-picture10242-photo-4.jpg

Lights on
silverhound-albums-ncx-mods-picture10243-photo-5.JPG

Next I installed an accessory socket in the frunk. This is not the $79 Honda OEM unit but an $11 one off Amazon. It required a 1 and 1/8" hole and I installed it in the same location as Honda recommends (and for which there is a factory cut-out mark on the outside of the frunk).

Accessory socket
silverhound-albums-ncx-mods-picture10239-photo-1.JPG

I also hardwired in a garage door opener. I took a keychain opener ($12) and soldered wires its battery terminals and the switch. If you do this make sure you get one that's powered by a 12V battery which is pretty standard otherwise you'll have to step down the power. Anyhow, here's the momentary switch that I mounted to activate it.
silverhound-albums-ncx-mods-picture10240-photo-2.JPG

Finally, my wife named her bike Roxy so I thought it should bear its name.
silverhound-albums-ncx-mods-picture10241-photo-3.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice bit of farkling indeed, silverhound! :cool:

"...PA inspection rules they have to shut off when the high-beams are on..."

Weirdest law ever? I can't seem to come up with why turning off your conspicuity lights when you have highbeams come on, makes any sense at all...? :confused:

Very nice bit of farkling indeed, silverhound! :cool:

"...PA inspection rules they have to shut off when the high-beams are on..."

Weirdest law ever? I can't seem to come up with why turning off your conspicuity lights when you have highbeams come on, makes any sense at all...? :confused:

Thanks L.B.S. I think the law (which is for both cars and bikes) is so that oncoming traffic is not potentially blinded at night by too many lights. Frankly they've never checked my bike to make sure the lights are compliant but it's easier to just throw a relay in there in case then to fail inspection or get a ticket.

Thanks L.B.S. I think the law (which is for both cars and bikes) is so that oncoming traffic is not potentially blinded at night by too many lights. Frankly they've never checked my bike to make sure the lights are compliant but it's easier to just throw a relay in there in case then to fail inspection or get a ticket.

I can see that with having fog or other types of lights only come on when the High beams come *on*, like here, it's illegal to drive into opposing traffic with non-low beams on at night, so the law has it that you can only have driving lights etc., come on with high beam activation, and they are (supposed to be) off with low beam.

I would have thought that simple conspicuity lights would be completely drowned out with highbeams on, and also, wouldn't that imply that (with requirement that lights are off with high beams on) that people aren't being blinded from driving into high beams in the first place?

lol who knows eh?

I can see that with having fog or other types of lights only come on when the High beams come *on*, like here, it's illegal to drive into opposing traffic with non-low beams on at night, so the law has it that you can only have driving lights etc., come on with high beam activation, and they are (supposed to be) off with low beam.

I would have thought that simple conspicuity lights would be completely drowned out with highbeams on, and also, wouldn't that imply that (with requirement that lights are off with high beams on) that people aren't being blinded from driving into high beams in the first place?

lol who knows eh?

Lol...not me. One thing I have learned in all my years is that it doesn't have to make sense to be a law.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back