• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

So what did you do TO your NC700 today.

Should this thread be made a Sticky?

• Yes.

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • No.

Votes: 20 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my PR3's put on with Ride-on in them. I also put my Madstad on about an hour ago. Getting closer to the finish..

Did my 16,000 mile service. Not sure how long we actually spent on it (we being my dad and I), since it was hot and we took several breaks. Managed to burn myself trying to get the oil filter off (I always burn myself pulling an oil filter), nice blister that'll suck at work tomorrow. Other than that it went well. Found that there's a screw missing from one of the body panels, probably courtesy of the shop who did my 8k service. Hasn't fallen off the bike yet, probably won't before I can get a new one and secure it properly. I even avoided dropping any trim clips into the bowels of the beast when I was buttoning her back up :)
Starting to think a lift table would be a good idea, since I'll be doing this 3-4 times a year...should probably build a garage first...

Did you take the side panel loose to remove the oil filter? I was able to take it off using oil filter pliers, leaving the panels intact.

Isn't it nice to really know your bike. Now if something goes wrong on the road your getting a better I idea of what it is and how to fix it. Great job!

Gee, since you already had all the panels off, you should have painted them a la the plasti-dip threads! :D

That thought did occur to me, but I'd have to get new stickers and she'd be out of commission for a day or two while I did it. I don't like either of those side effects.

OCR, still doubt I could fix anything if she died on the side of the road, but hey, that's why I bought a Honda.

That thought did occur to me, but I'd have to get new stickers and she'd be out of commission for a day or two while I did it. I don't like either of those side effects.

OCR, still doubt I could fix anything if she died on the side of the road, but hey, that's why I bought a Honda.

That would also explain the standard took kit that comes with the bike.

Finally made a key/knob for the frunk...

20130712_170707-M.jpg

When I looked at the ones they had they showed that they were too long and the Bar ends would not fit. I really want them as I have the same ones on my GL1800 and I love the size, comfort and the palm rest when I do not use cruise control. Do you have any pic of the results. Sorry being so dumb but just going by what the dealer showed me. I'm fairly good at doing work myself but lack the imagination and drive of you youngsters.

I will see what I can find in the garage. I had the same ones on my GL-1800 and my VTX. If my memory serves me correctly they are the same grips and yes they were a little long for this bike but it doesn't matter. I'll check and also get a length measurement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back