• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

So what did you do TO your NC700 today.

Should this thread be made a Sticky?

• Yes.

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • No.

Votes: 20 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got it all dirty over 2,000 miles from home !!.
aqugy4y2.jpg

u8u6yja2.jpg

y2yjebuv.jpg
y2e5a6u2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For running dirt/gravel and muddy roads I THINK the X with the right tires is as good as any bike !!.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
First oil change 2 nights ago; dang Japanese factory worker, must have used an impact wrench putting that oil filter on it. Last night gave it a wax job :cool: and tonight probably will do some chain maintenance.

I mounted my fenda extenda the other day - a carbon fiber unit from a British company called Infinite using 3M VHB two sided foam tape. It might as well have been welded in place. Its not moving anywhere any time soon.

On the way to work in the rain today, at a light, I noticed that I didn't have steam rolling off my engine gagging me out with burned road crap smell so I'll chalk this up as a success.

Center Stand Installed

Got my "S" center stand today. Took 2 1/2 hours to install but now it's done.

I'm glad I have it to make maintenance easier but I probably won't be using it for parking in public. I've got to jump up and down on it like a pogo stick to raise the rear wheel. Putting a board under the rear tire helps. Probably needs at least 200 pounds of rider to do it right.

Gibraltar → Sorogrande → Castellar de la Frontera → Gibraltar

Beautiful ride... sunny, warm... was afraid it will be too hot in black jacket... well, if I had no body armour it would be cold... that's how breathable this mesh jacket was!

Bike is absolutely fantastic to handle! :cool:

I'm glad I have it to make maintenance easier but I probably won't be using it for parking in public. I've got to jump up and down on it like a pogo stick to raise the rear wheel. Putting a board under the rear tire helps. Probably needs at least 200 pounds of rider to do it right.

Without pics it didn't happen.

P1030394sm.jpgP1030395sm.jpg

I rode it to work today and was happy to get double-takes from a red V-strom 1000 and a red Multistrada.

Work was slow today, so I ended up spending a little too much at Twisted Throttle. Oops. :D Let the farkling begin!

I weigh 135lbs, and I can put the bike onto the centerstand as long as the ground is fairly level. Practice, practice, practice.

I weigh 135lbs, and I can put the bike onto the centerstand as long as the ground is fairly level. Practice, practice, practice.

I think it's a matter of leverage. It looks like on the stock X the rear tire is only raised about an inch where mine is almost 2 inches. When I put a 3/4" under the rear tire it's much easier to lift. I don't want to cut the stand in case I eventually raise the bike a little since my links are adjustable.

Thanks

New member here.....my first post. Bought my NC700X about two weeks ago. This weekend I installed the Xtenda Fender (JB-Weld no screws), Tank pad, Foam grip covers, Powerbronze Rear Hugger/Chain Guard (painted flat black), and the Battery Tender leads. My Madstad windshield is on it's way (18" medium tint sport). I am very thankful to all of you members for providing such excellent feedback on various products for the NC700X. Your tips and reviews were extremely helpful in making all of my buying decisions. Thank you.

New member here.....my first post. Bought my NC700X about two weeks ago. This weekend I installed the Xtenda Fender (JB-Weld no screws), Tank pad, Foam grip covers, Powerbronze Rear Hugger/Chain Guard (painted flat black), and the Battery Tender leads. My Madstad windshield is on it's way (18" medium tint sport). I am very thankful to all of you members for providing such excellent feedback on various products for the NC700X. Your tips and reviews were extremely helpful in making all of my buying decisions. Thank you.

Welcome aboard! Hope to see lots more posts and pictures :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back