• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

So what did you do TO your NC700 today.

Should this thread be made a Sticky?

• Yes.

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • No.

Votes: 20 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good, it's clear-est now! :p

Back to the subject.

Took a small nap after office, woke up and - being bored - went to my Black Beautiful Beast and gave her grip puppies.

Went for a ride... huge improvement! Handling, grip, throttle operation - waaaay better. :cool:

Installed Hepco Becker tail rack brackets and mounted the Krauser luggage rack from my old Multistrada to them instead of the Hepco Becker top box mount. Getting ready for a few days camping at the Horizons Unlimited event in SC.

The Krauser luggage rack. I loved it on the back of the Multi. I've had large bags of dog food, a huge duffle-bag of boxing gear and even strapped a collapsible dog crate to it.

Air Man Mini.jpg

It mounted perfectly to the H/B rails. I need to get matching bolts though. Only had three of the same and had to use an odd one to do the job today.

Last edited:
Looks great, did you get some insurance help with that or did you have to foot the bill yourself?
You know, I've always had high-deductible policies on my vehicles and fix some of the little stuff myself. Thought I'd give it a try here. Plastic turns out to be a bit more expensive than I thought it would be - but live and learn. Wreck was on June 15th and I was back riding yesterday 24th - don't know how long it would have taken otherwise, learned a lot about the bike too.

Re-mounted the GPS from the handlebar clamp to the windscreen.

I peened some body washers to fit the contour of the Vario screen, cut some rubber washers to sandwich the screen with and shaved about 1/8" off the bottom of the ball mount so it would clear the instrument cluster.
GPS 3.jpg

Drilled a hole centered, and directly in line with the top edge of the instrument cluster, mounted the ball and took it out to make note of whether or not it would need to be adjusted further.

GPS 2.jpg

I tweaked it once or twice and found a good viewing angle while riding without distracting too much attention from the road ahead. Now I just need to find a 6mm acorn nut to finish the bolt end on the front of the screen.

Last edited:
I needed to install the OEM 12V socket and a battery tender so I got busy and tore down half the bike. The tender installed easily but wasn't long enough for me to mount where I wanted it but it will do where it is for now. Then I started grabbing parts for the 12V socket. I couldn't believe it. I didn't have the subharness or the relay and fuse. I looked all over the shop and its nowhere to be found. So I rebuilt everything and started to clean up. Hey, whats that in the bottom shelf of my portable bench - oh its the subharness and relay. Sigh...tear it all down again and install the socket. put it all back together, log on, bitch, finish my beer.

Finally got her running again and mostly put back together (waiting on a top case rack). The crank position sensor came yesterday and she now purrs like she used to. Went for a short ride this morning. Nice!
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back