• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

So what did you do TO your NC700 today.

Should this thread be made a Sticky?

• Yes.

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • No.

Votes: 20 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mounted up my new Madstad windscreen I purchased from a member here. Can't wait to try it out on Saturday.

Some what NC related, put gas in my car for the first time since June 30th! Been taking the bike to work everyday lately so haven't been driving it. That tank was 24mpgs, so the NC is definitely saving me some money at the pump.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Here is my solution regarding bag. Using quick straps and rubber band. Stays on the seat when it is thirsty and easy to remove if need it.
IMG886.jpgIMG893.jpgIMG891.jpgIMG890.jpg

Just got a email stating that my NC is going to be in the International Motorcycle Show here in Seattle in November. !!.
This will be my 3rd bike in 3 years to be in it.I hope the ALTrider stuff is ready by then !!.

I know a lot about a few things,a little about a lot of things but I don't know everything about anything !!.

I can tomorrow, at work now.I just cut some off the front,re sewed it.it works fine with the frunk.and the rear seat the pad folds up and seat lifts.no problem with either of them.

Did you have a chance to take pics of the ATV cover on your seat? I missed them if you already posted 'em.

I bought the cover and have [been] learning on an old Singer sewing machine for mending clothes and stuff.

First pic is how I cut it.both straps under the seat and pulled tight.the frunk still opens with it on.the rear just folds over so you can lift the seat for gas.
e7b1aa79c710bcea1b43fbac2e0b76b3.jpg
2cdf69b2945dab30d4b06a30615b76da.jpg
93db2320b74c3a728e7a3eefc8a17436.jpg

After I got it put on and pulled tight I cut the straps shorter so they don't dangle around.put black tap around cut part.I only use it on longer rides.you can take the pad off and leave the straps under the seat,they don't slide out.

Last edited:
20140914_183457.jpg20140914_183515.jpg

Decided I really liked my YZ450 exhaust pipe so I turned my temporary clamp job into a permanent weld on. Then I wanted to clean up the look so I got an exhaust wrap from the local auto parts store. I got a 25 ft roll of 2 inch which allowed me to double in up from the muffler to the cat. I think it turned out pretty clean.

Working on my 8000 valve adjustment right now. Quickie question... Since I decided to empty the coolant and replace, I have some zerex g-05 phosphate free coolant on hand.... Can I use that to refill? Label says that it is compatible with everything including modern Honda but I presume that's cars

Working on my 8000 valve adjustment right now. Quickie question... Since I decided to empty the coolant and replace, I have some zerex g-05 phosphate free coolant on hand.... Can I use that to refill? Label says that it is compatible with everything including modern Honda but I presume that's cars

Make sure it contains no silicates. That's an abrasive that kills the water pump.

added SAE connector to battery

I bought an old but new-looking Widder v1 vest with sleeves and controller for $60 off eBay. Tested it out with a 12vdc power supply I have in the house. Made gobs of heat. I cranked it to full (7) for testing and was wondering if it was in working condition. After about 90 seconds I had a definitive answer to that question. Holy moly. What have I been missing all these years? I know it's not really cold in Texas but I chill easily. Anyhow, back on topic:

Had to look in the manual to find the battery; easy access so I wired in a Battery Tender SAE plug to the battery. Ghetto ziptie mount:

IMG_20140923_173625417.jpg

The jack on the vest is on the left side so I'm putting the SAE there for testing.

I wanted the SAE so I could use both the Tender and a Widder<--->SAE adapter. Making the adapter as soon as the female Widder piece arrives from Iron Butt.

I put on the Puig wind deflector that I bought from forum member shawnk, then went out for a long ride to test it out. Still undecided if it helps out or not, I think I need to play around with the adjustments some more.
P1020565.jpg,
P1020566.jpg
P1020564.jpg

While I was taking these photos I heard a car coming that didn't sound like anything I've heard before, looked up to see a Ferrari go by, Very rare to see one of those around here.

Today I'm picking up my bike after having to replace both tires. Over the labor day weekend I decided to take a long trip (bucket list). I left Austin at 4:30 to drive to visit my brother in Colorado Springs. Outside of LLano it started to pour. It was pitch black and raining hard when there was an animal in the road. I thought it was a raccoon. The NC700 just hopped over it and I kept going. Outside of Colorado Springs the wind was so bad, I was scared I wouldn't make it. 880 miles, 15 1/2 hours20140901_111026.jpg. I felt great the next day and spent the next three days riding over truly beautiful country. My tires felt down so I aired up. On the trip home, I spent the night in Lubbock. The next morning, the wind was very bad again. My windshield pancaked towards me. I stopped, took the shield off and reinstalled it. The brackets were popped loose on the bottom, so I had to drive the rest of the way holding up the windshield with my left hand. When I made it home, I took a look under the bike and discovered porcupine quills. I guess it wasn't a raccoon.

I dropped my bike!!

...about 2 1/2 inches. I have the Soupy's Performance lowering kit and adjustable side stand. I'm setting it up for my daughter, who is 5' 4", I think. She wanted a "cruiser" bike, so that's what I am giving her...kind of. I added about an inch to the length of the dog bones, and also dropped the front forks about 3/4". The seat height now measures only 30.2 inches with no load. When I sit my 145 pound butt (32" inseam) on it, my legs are now bent with feet flat on the floor. Hopefully, it will be low enough for my daughter. I took it for a short ride, and it still handles fine. It feels better than stock, to me. But, it also feels like a cruiser bike, which is what I was going for.

I also put the stock exhaust on it, so she should have no problems passing the California emissions inspection. It's up to her if she wants to put the Yoshimura can back on it, with or without the baffle.

The NC700X center stand is virtually useless. I have to run the front wheel onto a ramp in order to get the leverage to pull the bike onto the center stand. I told her she could try a CTX700 center stand, or just remove it and pop it on only when needed for chain maintenance. That's what I would do.

I can't wait to see how she does on this bike... her first! She will be taking the rider's course in the next few weeks to get her California motorcycle endorsement. She could certainly do worse for a first bike, and it fits her purpose (mainly commuting), much better than mine (sport riding.) If it doesn't work out she can trade it in on whatever she wants. Her hubby has a Honda Shadow Sabre 1100. I think she can keep up.

Blew the carbon out of her yesterday. Went for a sixty mile ride on I 10 east and west. Kept sifting gears between forth , fifth and sixth. Noticed that there is about a thousand RPM difference between fifth and sixth. Kept RPM close to red line all the time. The more I ran it hard the better she ran. She pulls good if you down shift. S[eed was between 70 to 95 MPH, I think my MPG dropped a lot.

I'm done for now fettling the forks so today I adjusted the preload on the rear shock to match the ride height of the forks. Took a 130 mile ride before putting the bikes up for the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back