• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

So what did you do TO your NC700 today.

Should this thread be made a Sticky?

• Yes.

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • No.

Votes: 20 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Been riding mine all the time being in England I haven't managed to ride it in the sun yet, waiting to receive my taller screen to keep the crap off, I ride all year dong about 20,000 miles per year

Looks like that should change as the forecast for most of England is high pressure. Which part are you in?. it has been lovely here for the last couple of days

Last edited:
I rode the SOB 500 miles through the remnants of Hurricane Issac. It is a decent motorboat.

When I get it home I will take it down for extreme farkling. The front suspension goes to Race Tech. A rear Ohlins is on the way. Farkle list includes Projector HID headlight retrofit; Tesla LED driving lights; Clearwater voltage sensor; Givi rear rack arms with Happy Trails flat rack; Renthal Fatbars; Rox Risers; Cycra ProBend hand guards; Kanaya short billet levers; homemade wind deflectors for the front of the Givi engine guards; a Whelen LED brake/tail/turn light; Honda heated grips with Grip Puppies; Honda burglar alarm; a PDM-60 power center for powering add-on circuits; an external Powerlet chassis plug for powering heated garments; and a Powerlet chassis plug inside the not-a-tank to power phones, cameras, etc.

That ain't nothing, I will fill my tank up with gas!

Thanks for starting this thread. I enjoy reading and writing about such things.
LoL....I got into trouble with a young chap over there, when I posted such "useless" threads. (I don't mean you) :p

He pm me and told me I was posting crap and no one wants to read such things (he seemed to think he represented the whole user community).
Well, to cut a long story short, we argued online and he told me to "fark off" and subsequently I got kicked out by that admin who seemed to favour anyone but me. I was branded a troublemaker, no trial, just 2 jury members and a judge. Finito.

But yeah, I rode to work yesterday (I don't do that every day) and plan to do so more tomorrow and Thursday, because the season is ending soon.
I had thought about getting Gerbing heated jackets and gloves but I will wait. My current thermal liners seems still ok at 10-20 deg C.
Thankfully, everybody here seems pretty laid back for the most part. Back when I had my V-Rod the forum Iwas on for that bike had a thread like this. I always found myself reading that thread more than any other.:D

Oh, and adjusted my chain as it had 2inches of play! Only have 500miles on her so far. Also installed the honda rear luggage rack. Pretty disappointed that for a factory piece I had to cut the plastic. Wish I would known earlier, I probably would have gone the Givi route.

Today I rode 105miles straight (about 2 hours) without stopping. The seat is actually not too bad for me.

I ordered the Givi mount for a top box, but it's backordered for ~4 weeks :( I don't believe in cutting plastics for accessories, especially if they are made from the OEM that way!

I rode the SOB 500 miles through the remnants of Hurricane Issac. It is a decent motorboat.

When I get it home I will take it down for extreme farkling. The front suspension goes to Race Tech. A rear Ohlins is on the way. Farkle list includes Projector HID headlight retrofit; Tesla LED driving lights; Clearwater voltage sensor; Givi rear rack arms with Happy Trails flat rack; Renthal Fatbars; Rox Risers; Cycra ProBend hand guards; Kanaya short billet levers; homemade wind deflectors for the front of the Givi engine guards; a Whelen LED brake/tail/turn light; Honda heated grips with Grip Puppies; Honda burglar alarm; a PDM-60 power center for powering add-on circuits; an external Powerlet chassis plug for powering heated garments; and a Powerlet chassis plug inside the not-a-tank to power phones, cameras, etc.

That's some list. You must just about doubled the value of the bike

Thanks for the reminder ShockDoc. I need to do that too. Never done it before. Its allegedly a simple process even for a newbie like me ;-)

I've driven around 3000 kilometers now (1800 miles), I think it's time for a wash as well, but since I don't have a center stand or a detergent I think is suitable to clean it, that will be difficult :(

That's some list. You must just about doubled the value of the bike

If not the value, at least the cost! But that is not unusual for me.

I'm not pointing this reply at Rocker66, but just in general to the board... The thing to bear in mind about what I do to a bike is that my "game" is solo long-distance riding and unimproved roads. It doesn't matter if it is my scooter or my BMW, that is how it is going to be used regardless of whether that is what the bike is "intended for". There are many comfort compromises that you can live with on a 200 mile ride in fair weather that become intolerable on a multi-day multi-thousand mile ride through whatever weather may come. If not intolerable, then at least it ceases to be fun. Equally, there are suspension compromises that you can live with on smooth paved roads close to home that could land you in a ditch in a place far, far away when packed heavy and exploring new territory alone. I carry a Spot transponder to calm my family, and a satellite phone and medi-vac insurance that I desire not to use.

I knew when I bought this bike that it would require heavy modification to make it work for me. But then, that has been true of every bike before it as well. I am not surprised, nor am I disappointed. I still very much believe that this platform will make a most excellent lightweight mount for my intended use. Most of the people who see my changes as unnecessary or "over-the-top" are viewing it from their use of the bike and not mine. As far as the cost of the changes: I am retired, my obligations are met, and everything I own is paid for. If I don't spend it, someone else will. I am not presenting any of this as what I think you should do with your bike. It may make no sense at all for anyone else. The value of this forum is that you can pick and choose from what other people have done (and learn from their mistakes) and apply them as it fits your budget and your mission for your motorcycle.

The value of this forum is that you can pick and choose from what other people have done (and learn from their mistakes) and apply them as it fits your budget and your mission for your motorcycle.

Beemerphile, please continue to share your farkles and experiences! I find the info extremely valuable, even if my needs might differ slightly from yours.

Picked mine up after having hugger & fenda extenda fitted - usual commute but love it - 70 mile round trip to the seaside after tea I think is in order - not often the sun shines in the UK so better make the most of it ;-)

Beemerphile I wasn't knocking your list I was admireing it. When it comes to how much or how little people spend on their bikes my motto "You earn -You spend it" Believe me if wasn't for motorcycles we would be a much wealthier family

beemerphile,

First, keep the updates coming! My wife and I are looking for a pair of bikes for exactly that sort of riding so the more details the better.

I noticed you are in N. Georgia, I live near Canton Georgia so just down the road. Now that you have the NC700 and are riding it on some of the forest service roads around here (I'm guessing here based on your details) what mods would you suggest someone make first? I'm asking because I'm very close to buying an NC700 but w/o having talked to anyone else that goes on rougher roads it's hard to decide what mods would be needed for multi-day forest service rides. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Finally, if you start a N. Georgia group let me know, I'm sure I will be looking for others to ride with.

beemerphile,

First, keep the updates coming! My wife and I are looking for a pair of bikes for exactly that sort of riding so the more details the better.

I noticed you are in N. Georgia, I live near Canton Georgia so just down the road. Now that you have the NC700 and are riding it on some of the forest service roads around here (I'm guessing here based on your details) what mods would you suggest someone make first? I'm asking because I'm very close to buying an NC700 but w/o having talked to anyone else that goes on rougher roads it's hard to decide what mods would be needed for multi-day forest service rides. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Finally, if you start a N. Georgia group let me know, I'm sure I will be looking for others to ride with.

The most serious limitation is that there is no bash plate for the undercarriage. That, street tires, and the low ground clearance effectively limits it to easy trails that are not rutted and boulder-strewn (of which there are many). In addition to a bash plate, to make a semi-serious off-roader out of it would require increasing the suspension travel to about 8 inches front and rear and adding a set of TKC80 tires. I have thought about this and decided against it. There is some nice riding and camping available on the cleaner trails. I had a Husqvarna TE-610 for the rougher Forest Service trails and sold it because my old spine did not appreciate the abuse. My main dirt inclination for the bike is unpaved roads like the Trans-Labrador, not trail riding.

husky.jpg

Last edited:
I'll be installing this when I get home:
oibo9f.jpg

Leo Vince EVO II in Carbon Fiber

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back