• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Should I buy the NC750X

From my observations, many persons who are satisfied with their NC700 purchase, are those that have had several bikes, and have come full circle. A lot of us bought the NC for what it isn't.
In the final analysis.....you need to test drive one.

Last edited:
The NC offers a unique motorcycling experience that I find particularly appealing. It has a sense of calm about it while still capable of all the thrills that are important (to me). It is remarkably simple and easy to maintain. It was a revelation to me that Honda would build such a motorcycle...a bike that is extremely versatile and practical yet rewarding to ride. As an aging motorcyclist with a passion for riding that has only grown stronger over the last 40 years it is like Honda said "For all the things you have learned that last 40 years, here you go".

I think it helps to be an experienced motorcyclist to appreciate the NC and I also think it is one of those rare purchases you just never question. I appreciate every bike in some way or another and if the NC never existed I am sure I would still enjoy the sport. My "reward" for owning nearly every type of bike there is the appreciation I have for the NC...and the good sense to purchase one.

^^^^^^^^^
That sums up the NC's purpose and persona right there. :)

Last edited:
The NC offers a unique motorcycling experience that I find particularly appealing. It has a sense of calm about it while still capable of all the thrills that are important (to me). It is remarkably simple and easy to maintain. It was a revelation to me that Honda would build such a motorcycle...a bike that is extremely versatile and practical yet rewarding to ride. As an aging motorcyclist with a passion for riding that has only grown stronger over the last 40 years it is like Honda said "For all the things you have learned that last 40 years, here you go".

I think it helps to be an experienced motorcyclist to appreciate the NC and I also think it is one of those rare purchases you just never question. I appreciate every bike in some way or another and if the NC never existed I am sure I would still enjoy the sport. My "reward" for owning nearly every type of bike there is the appreciation I have for the NC...and the good sense to purchase one.

This is a good summary and really tells it how it is. I've owned and ridden bikes for around 30 years (off and on, not every year) and in recent years I'd always start looking for the next 'fix' after 12 months or so.

This hasn't been the case with my X - I took delivery new on 01 March 2014 and I'm not interested in looking at anything else these days.

I have two other bikes (Ducati Multistrada 1200S and a 2014 BMW R1200RT) and I ride the Honda NC 700 DCT by far the most. I like its low center of gravity, quietness, looks, economy, comfort, and handling. I wish it had a little more power but except for passing on two lane roads, it does fine and is plenty quick in town. The automatic transmission is fantastic. Great bike but not for knee draggers.

I bought mine the end of last September. Before that I had a 700 Deauville which I put 50k miles on in a little over 4 years. I do a bit of long distance touring so need a bike that I can ride for 100 miles or so at a stretch. The NC750X lets me do that. It is not the fastest machine in the world but I don't need or want that. It is not the quickest either but then again it is quick enough for what I want. You may think that I am captain slow but I don't think so. Last European trip (on the Deauville) saw me doing 4250 miles in 15 days. That's all the way to Budapest and down to Dubrovnik and back via Italy. The big one before that was 3500 miles around the Baltic in 12 days. OK I haven't covered those sort of distances on the NC, yet, but I have done trips of 320 miles in a day and it works for me. It is lighter then the Deauville, the centre of gravity is low, the bike handles like a dream and it is frugal on gas. Given it's head it will out drag most cars as it is not that slow. You soon get used to not having any revs after about 6400 but I haven't yet hit the rev limiter.

One thing I will say though if your bike comes with Dunlop Trailmax tyres keep an eye on them as I wore mine out in 2000 miles and Honda replaced them with Pirelli Scorpions. Also the trip meter can be a bit unreliable but if you complain Honda will replace that as well.

Haven't seen it summed up better. This describes my reason for purchasing exactly.

Back