• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

SHAD Comfort Seat

Received & installed my SHAD seat today & I'd say I agree w/ what Hozabah said in the previous post! I did though install the rear portion while I also hooked a KwiKover into the rearmost mount bolts. The rear is very tight to latch closed now and requires persuasion to both close and open back up - I'm hoping it'll relax over time! I also will keep the red stitched element as I'm looking to add some color to the stock silver/black scheme w/ red striping anyhow and the embroidery & piping will fit right in!
Aesthetically my only observation is that the gaps between the new front seat and the bodywork are all larger and the seat doesn't blend to the bike as well as the stock bench did, but perhaps after I ride it for a bit it'll settle in a bit!
No time to ride today but my initial sit-on impression is positive and it actually does feel "engineered" for comfort! The_stock_seat_is_just_crap!

I finally got home and opened my box and installed my seat. Taking off the old seat (front and back) took 2 minutes. Moving the rubber pieces took 5-7 minutes. Reinstalling took 2 minutes or less. They gave me an extra pair of screws that I did not need - not even sure what they are for.

Visually it seems as well build, if not better, than the factory seat. Very impressed. I've had aftermarket seats in other bikes and this one blows them away in construction quality, fit, and finish.

Fit is very good, with two caveats. The front of the seat has a slightly larger gap where it meets the tank. This is not really evident or noticeable by itself, but only when you compare it to the stock seat. Secondly, the rear seat locks tighter, requiring I push down on the seat when opening with the key. I assume this will loosen over time.

I kept the colorful rear seat, wasn't a big deal for me. The whole seat looks great and feels fantastic sitting on it standing still. Maybe tomorrow I can take it for a road test.

I am very impressed. This was under $400 shipped. In comparison my Ultimate Seat for my other bike was almost $600 and I picked it up to save shipping.

Reactions: Mya
Well, my seat arrived yesterday but have not had time to install it. I'm certainly impressed by the quality materials and construction. Naturally mine came with the back seat displaying their red logo and red stitching . Frankly I like it. But what I am a little concerned about is the color of the trim on the back seat. It is an off white and not the silver grey color I had hoped for. After looking at the pics on here, I assume the seat with the grey logo stitching also has a silver grey trim. That would match my silver bike much better. So I may take them up on the swap and ship it back. I did notice the main seat has the holes predrilled. So that will be handy. I'll get the main seat installed tomorrow hopefully. Then I will see how the rear seat looks on the bike. Sure is a good looking seat in my opinion.

Last edited:
Got my seat today. Gonna install it during lunch. Funny thing is, they sent someone else's invoice in the box, lol. I guess that means my invoice is in another box somewhere in the country.

Or in another Country?

Got my seat today. Gonna install it during lunch. Funny thing is, they sent someone else's invoice in the box, lol. I guess that means my invoice is in another box somewhere in the country.
I'm happy you received your seat, too bad about the invoice. Hope you enjoy the comfort!:)
Happy Riding!

So that install took all of 5 minutes. Piece of cake. (3) 10mm nuts on the rear seat. (2) 10 mm bolts on the front. Swap over (6) rubber bumpers and (2) grommets and bolt it back on. Rear seat is hard to unlatch until you just push down a bit on it. Likely just needs to be adjusted a bit. It also takes a little more effort to close but latches securely. Can't wait for the 72 mile ride home. That should be good for a test.

My first impression of the seat is mixed. It seemed to have eliminated the hot spots on my 72 mile jaunt home but my tailbone is still buzzing. Seat cushion seems better than stock as well. I noticed the stock seat got a little better with miles so hopefully this one does too.

I should also point out that todays ride home was longer than usual. Traffic was horrible with lots of stop and go.

I installed my new seat this evening. It was a bit of a struggle to make the rear seat latch and unlatch properly without putting undue stress on the key mechanism though. I lubed the latch system with a drop of oil and that helped a bit. Also, I trimmed some the excess fabric away from the "u" shaped piece that slides into the slot. Seemed as though it was preventing the piece from sliding into the slot completely. It seems to be working a tad better now. Pushing down on the front center of the rear seat does not work on mine. I have to press on one side and get it latched and then the other. But this might be due to the fact I have weak and damaged joints in both hands and can't put the pressure on them like others can. The gaps between the tank and seat seem to be more than others pics show. Hopefully some more tinkering tomorrow will get some of this ironed out. I will take a ride tomorrow and see how much more comfortable the new seat is. Just sitting on the bike does feel pretty cushy , but the ride will tell all. It's bound to be better than the stock seat for me anyway. I have over 2k on the stock one and still don't like the way it feels. Max

I got my seat today. I removed the original seat first and proceeded to remove the rubber supports. I then removed the new seat from the box, I turned it over to put in the snubbers and noticed a 1 inch tear on the bottom lip of the Shad seat! It did have the front holes drilled. However, I just e mailed SHAD. Hopefully they have a replacement to send me. We'll see how good their customer support is.

I rode to work with the new seat today. It is amazing, all my complaints are gone. It feels fantastic. Not super cushy like most aftermarket seats, but firm yet unobtrusive. I didn't find myself re-adjusting once, no pressure spots, just right. I am now 110% satisfied with this purchase and highly recommend it.

Took a short ride with the new shad installed. The seat still causes me to slide forward ,even under engine breaking. I'm disappointed about this issue. However, the padding is very nice. It absorbs bumps that give me a jolt using the stock seat. Other users don't appear to have this problem with the new seat. Maybe my short stature causes me to reach too far to the bars. Maybe bar risers/backs would help. I really expected more considering the slide forward issue is a main factor in many folks purchasing the Shad in the 1st place. I'll report back when I have a few hundred miles on it.

Took a short ride with the new shad installed. The seat still causes me to slide forward ,even under engine breaking. I'm disappointed about this issue. However, the padding is very nice. It absorbs bumps that give me a jolt using the stock seat. Other users don't appear to have this problem with the new seat. Maybe my short stature causes me to reach too far to the bars. Maybe bar risers/backs would help. I really expected more considering the slide forward issue is a main factor in many folks purchasing the Shad in the 1st place. I'll report back when I have a few hundred miles on it.
Sorry to hear it didn't stop the slide for you. I've only got a couple of commutes on it thus far, but it has stopped me from sliding forward. I'm 6' w/32" inseam and it feels like my butt is glued to the seat. I'll be giving it a 160 mile work out (w/o my BeadRider) this weekend and will able to speak to it's comfort a little better after that. At this point, as for sliding and comfort it's much better than the OEM for me.

I'm glad to hear yours works so well for you. It gives me hope that I can sort mine out. Did you notice a fair amount of play regarding the tongue that fits into the slot at the front of the main seat? Even after all is bolted and snugged up, I have some play at the front where the seat meets the tank. I can move the seat up and down at this point. I may try putting a small shim between the tongue and bracket it slides into. That may raise the front of the seat a bit. I'm 5'7" on a good day with a 30" inseam. So my reach compared to yours may be a factor. I'll look forward to your report after your weekend ride. Have fun and be safe.
Sorry to hear it didn't stop the slide for you. I've only got a couple of commutes on it thus far, but it has stopped me from sliding forward. I'm 6' w/32" inseam and it feels like my butt is glued to the seat. I'll be giving it a 160 mile work out (w/o my BeadRider) this weekend and will able to speak to it's comfort a little better after that. At this point, as for sliding and comfort it's much better than the OEM for me.

I tried putting the tab on top of the slot just to see how it felt as I still slid forward. Bad idea. Tab broke off at first bump. I put spacers under the rubber feet now and I'll make a metal tab to fit in the slot.

Anybody heard from Shad about the replacement back seats?

I'm wondering if the QC may not be consistent . Maybe the pans are not all the same. If too much curvature is used in the pan, it would make a difference regarding the sliding issue. I'll keep fussing with and see what I can come up with. I hate to ship it back and don't really know the policy for such things. "Tis a puzzlement.
I tried putting the tab on top of the slot just to see how it felt as I still slid forward. Bad idea. Tab broke off at first bump. I put spacers under the rubber feet now and I'll make a metal tab to fit in the slot.

Anybody heard from Shad about the replacement back seats?

Does anybody have any new updated opinions on their Shad seat after riding it for some extended miles? I think I'm ready to finally give in and replace the OEM seat. I tried to convince myself that the OEM seat was fine but after several longer rides I give! I understand that a truly custom seat is the ideal, but I'm not rich and don't live anywhere near (central Ohio) a custom seat make that I'm aware of. I'll probably have to go with ordering online and so I'm trying to settle on an option. I appreciate any additional advice/opinions.

Back