• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

SHAD Comfort Seat

Before IMG_0705.jpgIMG_0707.jpgWell the seat did arrive on Thursday picked it up at the UPS Store in Lewiston, (thanks guys for always being awesome) on Saturday just installed today Sunday, weather is unsettled have not been out yet but just by sitting on it it feels better so far, will post some pictures in an album shortly, and will give an update on the comfort level soon as I ride !

Last edited:
Hey oakville. Seems too late now but TRIPLE K upholstery down in Welland ,I think, did a seat for me with gel inserts last winter after the January show.

Noted I'll keep the old seat, in hind sight I should have just taken it off and took it to someone like that to do the job, if the Shad seat does not work out that might be the route but there is more real estate on the Shad seat so I think it could work with the nice weather coming up for the rest of the week a sick day maybe in order to get out for a nice long ride
brad

what we all need to cure sore a$$'s is to cultivate a big???

bpp9h.jpg

Just a follow up to the Shad comfort seat, two rides on it so far one about 100km the second around 350km definitely and improvement on the stock seat looks good, its getting cold here in Canada so might not get a really long ride in before year end but first impression is very positive,

So, are you guys still happy with these seats? I'm thinking about getting one and the overall impression sounds good. I don't have the problem of sliding forward, i just want a seat that i can ride longer on.

So, are you guys still happy with these seats?
Hey Hase12K, I've ride about 4600km in 10 days last october on my Shad seat and very happy with it. Very comfortable seat way way more comfortable than the stock one.
I see you are from Sweden...I ordered mine from France on this site: NC700Shop If you become a member of this forum:Honda NC 700, NC 750, CTX700, Intégra ? Page d?index, you can benefit of a 10% discount at nc700shop.com with this voucher code; FORUM NC700.

Yeah, i've already bought stuff from the NC700Shop and i also have the voucher already :) Thanks anyway :) And i was planning at buying from them :)

As my hind end is begging me to find a better seat for my NC700X I have been prowling this forum for opinions. I followed your links to the American distributors and found that one is within 70 miles of where I am located. I have emailed them for more information. Want to hear what others who have experienced SHAD seats think.

Huge improvement over stock. Tried seat riser mod. seat pads, bicycle shorts, they all helped a bit but nothing like the Shad seat did for me. Ride safe.

Got the SHAD seat last week. Went for a 2 hr. ride today. What a difference! The SHAD is padded but firm, and is WAY more comfortable than the stock seat.It is a little taller than the stock seat. At 6' 3" with a 34 inch inseam, not a problem, but shorter riders might have an issue.

potter0o,

Here's a quick informal comparison. the Shad compared to my stock seat with Sit & Fly multi-layer mesh, seems so close in height dimensions, though it seems to fill out a little more to the sides in the back -- it's rounds out more naturally -- and in the area that the stock seat seems to force people into that has caused the "showkey mod" to be sought. The Sit & Fly (Sit&Fly) on the Honda seat adds a little plush width and height (seems like 9 to 10 mm in height and to each side), but that gets used as additional comfort and didn't noticeably decrease how the feet touch the pavement.

Pushing in different areas of the Shad makes the stock Honda seat seem like no real design went into it as there's some give but it doesn't feel nearly as plush as the Shad once real force (like weight) is put into it in the thicker or thinner areas. I think the Shad will be at least as comfortable to me as the stock + Sit&Fly, and guessing it probably won't impact my foot touching significantly even when I do get around to cutting up a Sit&Fly for it (should add even more comfort as well as improving the seat when it's gotten wet and the Sit&Fly promotes good air flow too).

Got to swap hardware bumpers and bolt holders, BTW, from the Honda seat to the Shad. But I think you'll probably find it will work for you. The height at the front of the Honda seat is due to the Sit & Fly mesh depth/height when not compressed...

30965155203_3db88d28b2_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My recollection of the Shad seat I had used for 5000 miles is that the front of the seat first appears thicker/taller, but the foam is softer and compresses easily. The reach to the ground was unchanged over stock. After the 5000 miles, I found the foam had become too thin to my liking on extended trips (over 4 days). However the Shad's rounded edges vs the stock's square ridges were still an improvement.

Last edited:
Thanks greenboy and 670cc. Really appreciate it. This seat is on my short list of things I think would be good for me but I have no way to check the fit in person.

Last edited:
I'm pretty confident with the addition of the Sit&Fly that I'll be in heaven and then some, since the Sit & Fly made the stock seat bearable : }

As much as one can tell in a few hundred miles, the Shad Comfort Seat for me at least is a big improvement over the stock seat, and fairly big gain over stocker + Sit & Fly seat cover even. that was a combo I was satisfied by mainly because of modding the tongue area so the front of the seat would sit about an inch higher -- and because the Sit&Fly seat cover adds about 9mm of squishy give in height and 18mm in width and provides especially good aeration which seems to have more to do with it than one would suppose. So pretty quick here I'll be doing a Sit & Fly seat cover over the Shad as well, which should be heaven on earth methinks.

Anyway. Those who read before may recall I bought a used Shad seat here that had a broken tongue. It broke off entirely just by trying to figure out how to fix it so no way was any glue and a slight splint job going to help. The forum supposition was the original owner perhaps rode without using the front bumpers from the stock seat, which makes sense.

2016-12-19 13;59;42 by greenboy, on Flickr

A month ago I fixed the seat mount by fashioning a tongue with two stacked 4" T braces screwed in to the seat pan where screw depth wouldn't be an issue, and then shaped a piece of 7/16" plywood so it would fill and support an area under the seat pan above those T braces, and toward the front would provide tongue depth and width as well. The front of the seat is still raised about an inch as I had it before on some rubber bumpers screwed to the NC, but this "tongue" assembly it goes into the original tongue surround that's already on any NC700X. No need for a bracket above that and it works great!

2017-02-13 11;25;00 by greenboy, on Flickr

Last edited by a moderator:

Hello,

Anybody with a Honda top box, any issues opening the rear seat with the SHAD comfort seat on? Also, I'm 6 feet 1 inch, any issues flat footing with this seat system???

It's not perceptibly wider or taller than the stock seat once on the NC. Might seem perceptible to someone short enough that they are already at the threshold of tip-toeing on the stocker I suppose...

It's not perceptibly wider or taller than the stock seat once on the NC. Might seem perceptible to someone short enough that they are already at the threshold of tip-toeing on the stocker I suppose...

ok, thanks, in this case then I am gonna probably go for it as I don't see an issue flat footing it and opening the rear seat properly, should be pretty close to the stock seat....

Back