• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Seen in the wild

Red NC700X seen southbound on route 93 in Jasper, Alberta, Canada. It was late in the day on June 12, 2019. It was hard to spot because it was raining at the time.

Grey NC700X seen heading northwest on the Alaska Highway this morning, June 14. Almost caught them to talk at Pink Mountain, but it continued on its way!

Grey NC700X seen heading northwest on the Alaska Highway this morning, June 14. Almost caught them to talk at Pink Mountain, but it continued on its way!
This kinda thing is cool to me. He probably had no idea you knew exactly what he was riding and was wanting to chat if the opportunity presented itself. The imprint was made on you and to him you were probably just another Goldwing on the highway.

Hope you guys are enjoying the Alaska run! Start a thread on here in general discussion with some pics if you feel like it. Riding an NC or not, I'm sure the majority would be interested in the pics you have snapped along the way. Safe travels, friend!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

This kinda thing is cool to me. He probably had no idea you knew exactly what he was riding and was wanting to chat if the opportunity presented itself. The imprint was made on you and to him you were probably just another Goldwing on the highway.

Since there is basically just one highway, you see or pass the same people multiple times at stops along the way. We met up with the NC guy farther down the road and he sat down with us at lunch. He’s on this forum and I think he’s from Northern California.

The cool thing is that pretty much everyone you meet here is on vacation (on holiday), so everyone is happy and friendly! Many are retirees (old people like me) that have the freedom and time to take a trip such as this. Good stuff!

We had a great day on the Alaska highway. This road is in far nicer condition than I had envisioned. I saw a bunch of goats, 6 bears, 4 bison, and 1 moose along the road today.

Sunset today in Watson Lake, YT is 23:00, and sunrise is 4:10. It doesn’t really get dark at night, and we’re still going to head further north from here. You have to go to bed according to the clock, not the darkness.

Fuzzy and Nuke are doing a fantastic job documenting the trip over on ADVrider, so I’m just gonna hang back and enjoy the ride. Three old guys to Alaska - goldwings and a 300 versys | Adventure Rider

Last edited:
Another NC700X spotted on the Alaska Highway, between Watson Lake and Whitehorse, YT. This time it was a red DCT. Talked to the rider, who said he was from the San Francisco, Ca area. He said he had met up with grey NC rider we met yesterday (and saw again today), but they were doing the Alaska loop in opposite directions.

There are a lot of NCs doing the Alaska run. Today in Whitehorse, I talked to a rider on a red 2015 DCT from Arizona. That’s 3 NCs this week.

9F90969D-DFF9-4660-AE3A-E299C27B0A4A.jpg

Last edited:
Another NC spotted! A grey NC700X with Michigan plate seen at campground in Tok, Alaska.

I found a pic rather than having seen it, but not sure where else to post it. Sure is an unusual setup.

0923171601-XL.jpg

I found a pic rather than having seen it, but not sure where else to post it. Sure is an unusual setup.

0923171601-XL.jpg

That looks like the bike and trailer belonging to our fellow forum member Nofear2trek.

That looks like the bike and trailer belonging to our fellow forum member Nofear2trek.
Hi Greg. Sorry I missed joining the AK ride.

Yep, that’s my rig at a prior HORIZONS UNLIMITED WEST event. I’ve noticed a pic of it shows up in advertising for their future events. There are threads on our forum of my Moto-Mule trailer.

View attachment 38824

View attachment 38825

I’ve been busy rehabbing my 4x4 Class B camper van but hope to be back on my NC’ soon. But it will have to share time with a new 2020 Honda Rubicon Deluxe Camo that I just ordered yesterday.

Ray

Last edited:
Hi Greg. Sorry I missed joining the AK ride.

I’ve been busy rehabbing my 4x4 Class B camper van but hope to be back on my NC’ soon. But it will have to share time with a new 2020 Honda Rubicon Deluxe Camo that I just ordered yesterday.

Ray

Yep, new toys will sure keep you busy. I’m busy right now inspecting and farkling a new camper myself. When we get together again Ray, we'll compare bike and camper notes.

I was E/B on I-90 this evening shortly before 6:10 pm when i spotted a Red/Black motorcycle with touring bags, rider wearing mostly black and had a white helmet in the slow lane. As i gained on it and became close enough to tell what kind of bike it was, i noticed the rider signaling and exiting the freeway at exit #0(Cabela's/Sprawl*Mart/Maverick gas station). I also noticed it was in fact a nice looking Red/Black NC with Washington plates!! ...Who's in my hood!!?? :{P

11:00 am or so I was heading West bound on 580 heading to a San Francisco Giants game and saw a red first gen NC700X with only the left OEM case and the rider had a hi-viz jacket and helmet on, I was driving so no picture

Around 2:30 yesterday, saw a silver NC with aftermarket pipe turning around in cul-de-sac in front of my house as I was leaving in car. Dunkirk, Maryland. Caught me off guard, so didn't have time to take pic.

At 3:45 PM on 10/5/2019, I saw what looked liked a 2018 NC750X northbound on Arkansas 123 just past the switchbacks and headed toward Mt Judea. I was southbound on my NC about to enter the switchbacks.

Saw the below bike in Scottsburg Indiana (didnt know anyone else in my area had a NC700x)...probably not on here..Silver NC700x in front of the Subway/Anglers Den hardware store, corner of US31 and Hwy 56;
inthewildbikel.jpg

I went to the Slimey Crud Run this weekend in WI, and I didn't see a single other NC700X/S or NC750X there! There was a CB500X, which I briefly mistook for the NC, until I saw it had a conventional gas tank. I know there are at least 3 of us in Madison, but rarely run into the other riders.

Back