• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Seen in the wild

heh, on my way from job #1 to job #2 i spotted a nice Silver/Grey 2013 NC700x parked on the side of the road at an Apt complex today. I had a few moments so i stopped and checked out the bike. It was plated for Idaho, had new TKC70 tires front and rear, custom made saddle bag racks that were trick!! While i was checking it out, the young man who owned it came out and i had the opportunity to introduce myself and encourage him to check out the forum. He gave me his name and said it was his first bike, that he had just recently accuired it from his dad and that he was new to riding. I left him a card with my name on it and encouraged him to get a hold of me for a ride and to meet up with other NC700 riders in our area! I had to bail out and head to work, so i hope i hear from him.

I also noticed that (prior to his ownership he said) someone had installed a huge 120/90/17 TKC70 up front so it did not have the front fender on it. Man that tire looked huge!! Anyway, hope to hear from him and see him here! :{)

Not sure but possible I just saw one this morning. I'm in the NorCal area and I think a white NC passed me heading up Salmon Falls Rd, around 9am... mildly interested if that "someone" reads these forums to confirm, I've yet to see a NC in the NorCal area other than the Honda

Spotted a red Gen1 NC700X and a grey Gen2 at a Blue Ridge Parkway pull off (North Carolina, USA). Stopped my Goldwing for a quick chat. The red Gen1 guy knows of the forum but hadn’t logged on in a while. They were locals, and so lucky to have such great roads nearby. The Gen1 even had a Blue Ridge Parkway license plate! Good to see some NCs in the wild.

Last edited:
I was headed through Post Falls Idaho late this morning towards I90 for a ride and spotted a newer silver/black NC700. The guy riding it was probably in his 60's, and the bike has a "5"-Montana plate on it which is from the greater Helena area. One day i'll have tome to catch up with him and visit. :{)

Yesterday at 3:10 pm I got onto south bound 101 off of Cochrane rd in Gilroy and got behind a first gen silver NC just like the one I was riding [emoji16]
The other motorcycle had a tip and rider was wearing a one piece riding suit

Seen in northern Tennesee this past Saturday (09/29/2018) near Moss Tennessee (Hwy 52 just before the split to hwy 51) or about 15 miles south of Tomkinsville Ky. Saw a silver Nc700 parked at a roadside store (may have been a road side restaurant). There was a group of us (9 bikes), I was on my Suzuki C50 Boulevard (red/black). I waved at the guys standing by the bike and at least one of them waved back. Last guy in our group was on a silver ctx700.

Today - around 1430 - on Martin way in Lacey, WA ( Hawks prairie ). Red bike / yellow helmet...

Was that you, YearRound?

Saw a red NC today heading east on MD-32, just past I-95. (Between Baltimore and D.C). I was in a company rental, so waving would have seemed weird. My last sighting was end of 2013, maybe in another decade or so this thread won't be necessary?

Saw a red NC today heading east on MD-32, just past I-95. (Between Baltimore and D.C). I was in a company rental, so waving would have seemed weird. My last sighting was end of 2013, maybe in another decade or so this thread won't be necessary?

That might have been me! If it was a beat up bright green jacket on, then I think it was definitely me.

That might have been me! If it was a beat up bright green jacket on, then I think it was definitely me.

That was you then. I was heading other direction on the 32, and it was your jacket that I spotted first. Ride safe up there, I was in a Nissan Armada, and was still worried about getting smashed by trucks.

That was you then. I was heading other direction on the 32, and it was your jacket that I spotted first. Ride safe up there, I was in a Nissan Armada, and was still worried about getting smashed by trucks.

I'm glad you saw me! That jacket was the first thing my wife said I needed to buy when I started riding. I'm looking for a good replacement since my riding season has crept into November and that jacket is definitely designed for warmer weather.

YearRound. I figured that was probably you. I think you were coming out of the parking lot where the Japanese restaurant, donut shop, and butcher shop are located. I own the hobby shop right across the street from there. I am sure we will get together one of these days.
Take it easy.
>T

Howdy. I'm new to the forums and to the NC700x life, but I wanted to report that while visiting New York City in July I spotted an NC700X in the wild. The owner was unpacking his helmet from a Givi trunk and I got to ask him all about the bike, riding in NYC, and if he got to do any other fun rides. It was his endorsement and the tons of you tube videos about the bike that convinced me my next bike was going to be this one.

Back