• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Seat mod......slope change

Yes, but let's be honest-it doesn't look good at all. Misplaced.
my thoughts exactly. I tried the mod. I went on a 300 mile ride (6+ hours on back roads), and while it solved the slding forward issue, it didn't help with comfort. I put it back to stock because I couldn't stand the gap. Even my wife noticed it, and she doesn't notice stuff like that usually.

my thoughts exactly. I tried the mod. I went on a 300 mile ride (6+ hours on back roads), and while it solved the slding forward issue, it didn't help with comfort. I put it back to stock because I couldn't stand the gap. Even my wife noticed it, and she doesn't notice stuff like that usually.

Imo somewhat option is s combination of things that been mentioned before-little by little change . It's takes just a bit more than this mode above, but nothing major. All been mentioned here

I guess I'll be doing the mod myself after spending six hours in the saddle yesterday. I put a pad on the seat that I bought several years ago from The Great Satan (Walmart). I wish I had bought two of them, they only cost about 12 bucks. My butt did not sting like it has on shorter rides but I did notice I was sliding forward a lot.Topside.jpgUnderside.jpgInside.jpg

I just found a pad like the one I have on Amazon, $28. It looks to be the same one I bought a few years ago.
http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...act_title_4?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1E6QTAGYFP53B

Last edited:
New model Air-Hawk seat cushion

For you folks that need and like the inflatable Air-Hawk seat cushion. You should check out and try this NEW model, The Air-Hawk DS. The DS stands for dual sport/adventure. For bikes with a seat that is narrow at the front.
It is 11.5" front to rear and 11" wide. Made to fit the seat shapes of dual sport and adventure bikes.
Looks like a good size for the NC700X.:rolleyes:

I had my seat setup this way, but I don't like drilling holes, so I use Velcro to attach my support band in place. Worked. I have since got an airhawk cruiser pad and I have placed the seat back to stock formation and so far, so good, The air in the pad squeezes forward when I come to a stop and lifts the front top of the pad and keeps me from sliding forward. Big test is labor day weekend-butt burner ride.

I just got my DS AirHawk and placed it under my BeadSeat (that way wife does not see it right away) and it did feel a lot better and I found my jewels feeling a LOT better after a 100 mile ride. Test will be a run to College Station and back to install a Router for my neice and roomate next week. I may put seat back in old position also on ride back as I'm experiencing same feelings with the AirHawk and it may bring the seat down for easier get on and off...:) . Not everybody can afford the AirHawk so the mod ShowKey started does help a bunch as it worked for me on my CO ride. One thing I did not take in to account until recent as on the 800+ and 1000+ mile days on my CO ride was that I was wearing LDComfort tights and they have padding in the butt. When I go to NC and CA I plan on using the LDConfort pants again. But for now the Jewels sure like the AirHawk .... Thanks and thank you pismocycleguy for telling me about the DS model, fits perfect.

Last edited:
I did 350 miles yesterday with the slope mod and a new Airhawk. The difference is phenomenal and still much less pricey than a new seat.

I used the 7/8" diameter rubber chair tips suggested here and it worked so perfectly, I can't ride without them anymore. I'll make a bracket for securing the front of the seat later.

I raised the front like showkey except I used 1" nylon strap instead of metal for the front tab and mounted two auto shock absorber rubber bushings for support with doublesided tape.
I lowered the rear by removing the rubber strip and replacing it with 1/4"x 1 1/4" stickyback foam to prevent chafing, then bending the tabs down so the nutplates lined up with the seat holes. The gap isn't noticeable to anyone unaware and it's been this way for a year. $0
It is comfortable enough for me to ride all day, but I have yet to do a multiday ride and never more than 400 miles.

Here is my mod. Thanks to those who led the way.
8440023634_fded1b4e56_c.jpg

Mark, where did you get that aluminum (?) U-shaped bracket. I looked for something similar in Home Depot and on-line, but no luck.

If that's the case, what tool do I need to make such a nice bend in a length of thick aluminum like that. I'm assuming it's aluminum.

I made mine out of strap steel,weighs hardly anything and was easy to make.

I know a lot about a few things,a little about a lot of things but I don't know everything about anything !!.

I made the retaining bracket out of a piece of polyethylene plastic. I cut it out of a old battery box with a little hobby saw. It doesn't have to be metal and since it only holds the front mounting tab from lifting it doesn't have to be particularly strong. I scored the plastic where I needed it to bend 90 degrees to make the U shape and used self-tapping screws that cut their own threads so the saw and a drill for the screw holes in the original bracket were the only tools required.

Anything flat that you can bend, stick it in a vice and hammer a 90 deg bend. Aluminum doesn't bend very easy but will break easy, you're better off with flexible plastic or light metal. 1 bolt long enough to go through from one side to the other is all you need, like others have said, It doesn't have a lot of stress on it.

Aluminum flat bar works great and with a little extra forming, you don't have to drill or add any extra hardware. I came to the same solution before finding this forum and definitely benefited from the use of the chair leg rubbers to go over the existing seat rubbers to take the load. IMG_4083.jpgIMG_4082.jpg

Hi !

Here's my mod, based on the last post.

IMG_0678-539x404.jpg

IMG_0683-539x404.jpg

IMG_0689-539x404.jpg

The steel bar was too large, I had to add two pieces of hard foam to wedge the seat.

IMG_0693-539x404.jpg

Looks odd, but feels comfortable.

IMG_0694-539x404.jpg

As usual, I wrote an article about this.

Back