• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Saddle Bags

OneGun

Reaction score
Visit site
I apologize if this question/topic has been before spoken about at length, but I'm now ready to purchase some saddle bags, but I don't know if it's necessary to go with the factory Honda ones as I've been considering. I've seen many aftermarket options, but I'm still not sure. Can anyone with the Honda set let me know how they like them? Worth the $$?

I'm also open to going with an aftermarket, but I'd prefer a hard set... and big. However, I know those require their own bracketry and I already have the Honda trunk and its brackets in place... not sure if that would interfere with the saddle bag brakets on an aftermarket set.

Thanks in advance for any input.

I'm not sure if -for instance- the Givi saddle bags brackets are compatible with the Honda trunk

Since you already have the Honda top box and brackets, I would go with the OEM saddlebags. They look good, have very sturdy supports, are fairly large and can be keyed to the ignition. With the trim panels they match the bike and the top box quite nicely!
I have the OEM set up on my bike and am very pleased with quality and function.

I just installed OEM bags and trunk on the NC over the weekend. With the top trunk already installed, you're almost ready for the factory bags because the required side rails are already installed. Just need to add the bag mount pieces, which is much easier than installing what's already on your bike.

I have no experience with other bags, but did look at the Givi setup and liked that they were larger sized but didn't like the look of the bracketry when the bags were removed. And I suspect that their required brackets would interfere with what you already have installed on the bike. The OEM setup doesn't look bad when you take the bags off and they are literally 2 seconds to remove or install.

And the OEM bags are easy to rekey to match the bike's ignition or you can do what I did and key them to the OEM trunk key.

FYI: I found procaliber.com to have the best prices. When I bought mine they offered an additional 5% off using spring2013 code.

FYI: I found procaliber.com to have the best prices. When I bought mine they offered an additional 5% off using spring2013 code.

That's where I ordered most of my parts because they had the lowest cost. I did get the actual saddlebags from an ebay vendor for $429.xx shipped, which was cheaper than procaliber because I didn't have to pay tax on the ebay purchase. Procaliber is in WA state and must charge tax to residents.

I don't want to speak for anyone else but I barley use the saddle bags. I have a habit of going straight to the trunk. I'm not saying I would not buy them because I like the way the whole package looks. I'm just saying if it was me and I had a choice I would go with the Honda bags purely for them to match and not for storage capability. I have used them on occasion. My jacket fits in there nicely. I only ride my bike during the week (60 miles a day) as a commuter so your situation may be different

Back