• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Return to the Land of the Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last weekend I added another nice FS road to ones I know about - the Kimsey Hwy between TN 315 and TN 68. It's about 18 miles of gravel and hooks up to great twisty paved roads on either end. I don't go to the mountains to ride just dirt roads but I like to mix it up a little between good paved roads and TN 30/315 from Tellico Plains to US64 is one of my favorites. A nice loop would be 28 from Stecoah to 143 onto the Cherohala Skyway then from Tellico Plains take 39 (Mecca Pike) to 315 to Reliance TN, then FS68 (Kimsey Hwy) over the mountain to Ducktown on 68. North on 68 back to Tellico Plains. TN 360 to Venore, 411 to 72, 72 to 129 and the Tail of the Dragon back to 28 and Stecoah. That's about 210 miles with 10% gravel.

That sounds like a nice ride. I will try it if MarchMotoMadness crowd don't offer something similar.
My new Shinko's are on and they make the pavement ride a bit too viby for my taste,
but I hope they perform on gravel and FS roads.

I heard from Bobby at KSL via email today. If you want to reserve a cabin or have a question, you can email at [email protected]

Currently we have about a dozen riders from either this or the nighthawk forum signed up. I'd love to hit about 25 or so. Heck, I might even get a banner made.

Oh by the way.
I did hear from them and I and the boys are penciled in. Since we will have a trailer we will be RVing it I suppose. HEh.

Anybody have a plan to ride a little gravel or forest service roads. I have a friend who would like to rent a dual sport for the day and join that ride.

I was hoping to ride more gravel than pavement.
NC700X with Shinko705's. As long as there is not too much mud
I should be alright.
But no knee deep river crossings (must try Parsons tho').

Thought I would bump this for some new arrivals.
Looking at getting t shirts made. Local vendors aren't real keen on producing only a dozen or so. Any good ideas out there?

There is a design, but I don't have it in the correct format. I also found a printer that will do small batches. As soon as I pull it together I will post info.

Might want to fix the typo before printing them. It's the Smoky Mountains, not Smokey.

I can't find the OP for the get together I've been reading over the last 5 pages or so. When/where?
OK first post... :D FOUND IT!
I might get in on this too... just show up with a tent? I'm trying to read it all, but now it's rather ponderous....

Last edited:
The weekend of May 20. Some will arrive earlier.
Kickstand Motorcycle Lodge.
Stecoah, NC. On highway 28.
Currently accepting reservations for cabins.
I plan to tent camp.
Breakfast and supper are usually cooked on site for a donation. Beverages are also available. Diner just down the road if you don't like the cooking.
Good showers. Mo provides towels. Bring your soap on a rope.

Link to sign up spreadsheet at the end of the first post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back