• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Return to the Land of the Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a motorcycle campground. You can trailer in, but have to park in certain areas. There are some folks that have covered trailers and use them for campers. I think the rate is higher than tent camping. There are a few spots with limited electricity, no dump stations or water. The bathhouse is always clean and stocked with towels.

I ask because if I go that far I will be going to Georgia and then back to Colorado. I want to bring my popup with me on the trip. I wanted to know if that is acceptable to camp with it there. Seems dumb to pitch a tent if I have the trailer with me.

Never seen one there. I have seen the motorcycle towed camping trailers. I guess a call to Mo would clear it up. I think you would be ok.

I will have to check it out. I may just look for a place near by. Once you start letting in the riff raff the place could go to hell.

I will have to check it out. I may just look for a place near by. Once you start letting in the riff raff the place could go to hell.

Definitely see about Kickstand first for the pop-up. If that fails, Iron Horse motorcycle resort down the road a mile allows anything from tents to fairly large motor homes. There is also a newish RV park a half mile from Kickstand that looks reasonable, but it's in the open valley and not especially cozy looking.

Definitely see about Kickstand first for the pop-up. If that fails, Iron Horse motorcycle resort down the road a mile allows anything from tents to fairly large motor homes. There is also a newish RV park a half mile from Kickstand that looks reasonable, but it's in the open valley and not especially cozy looking.

Thank you.

Glad the yearly KSL events are still going on :) Unfortunately I won't be able to make it there in May but will be passing through the zone with my local group in late June. I had the pleasure of being on the aforementioned KSL 4 trip back in 2013 with dubb and had a great time.

For those of you who do not tent camp (like me), I highly recommend the small cabins. They are unpowered but dry and comfortable. I was in #2 (pictured) right next to the babbling brook which was great for sleeping :)

DSCN0832.jpg

The three of us plan to trailer our NCs from FL to Kickstand and sleep in the trailer and a tent. We will have to be in the RV section I believe.

From the site.
KSL Definitions:
RV... If you tow it behind a cage and sleep in it, it is an RV.
If it has air conditioning, it is an RV.
A piggy back on a pick up is an RV.
A conversion van is an RV.

Tent... If you pull a pop up behind a bike, it is a tent.
If you sleep under a tarp, it is a tent.
If you sleep under the stars, it is a tent.

I moved a few days ago and have not called to reserve yet as things are pretty much a mess of boxes and "Where did I put that?" right now.

Understand that there is not much difference between the sections. You will actually be closer to the chow hall, but farther from the bathhouse. All are along a nice babbling brook. Glad you guys are coming. I would hate being the only NC there.

For those that plan to ride The Dragon, just a note of warning. During the summer they have started patrolling that stretch pretty good and aren't afraid to write tickets. They are trying to keep riders from killing themselves or each other. This is more for the "spirited" riders. I ride today so that I can ride tomorrow.

I had a buddy have a head on collision there couple years ago. Hamming it up for one of the photographers, drifted across the centerline and got another motorcycle. Tore him up, but he lived. The couple on the Harley only had cuts and bruises.

Last edited:
Signed up, #6 (somehow row 6 was empty)
I couldn't resist after seeing the trail pics.
Gonna haul my NC and camp in the Sprinter.

Great...more riding up there than you can do in a month of Sunday's. I was thinking trying a little gravel this year.

Great...more riding up there than you can do in a month of Sunday's. I was thinking trying a little gravel this year.
The road you mentioned in another thread, Wayah Rd, has a gravel upper section to the Wayah Bald summit.

I am trying to be proactive and reserve a spot at Kickstand but am not having much luck. I have sent two emails and left four phone messages.
I do have a trailer reserved though.
Sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back