• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Replace Front Turn Signal

Scot700xs

Reaction score
Visit site
Has anyone replaced a front turn signal? Over the winter I bump my bike with something in the garage and broke the right front turn signal. I fixed it temporarily with black tape and it seems to be holding ok. I want to replace it but I cant figure out how to get inside the front cowl to get it out. Any thoughts?

You see that large peace of plastic that covers about 1/2 of your motorcycle. It starts at the head light and runs about 1/2 way down the side of your bike. Guess what you get to remove. Once it is off the rest is simple. Pain in the rear!6.jpg

SmileyWhatToDo.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
If you don't have the manual, some place on the forum is a link for the install instructions for the AUX harness and heated grips. Those instructions include how to remove the plastic for the left side. Right side removes the same way.

+1 to what bamamate said. I highly recommend the Honda service manual. It is very clear. I recently installed the 12v outlet on mine and it was a breeze with the book. I didn't realize how much you actually have to take off, including the piece with the turn signal attached. Just be sure to keep track of where all the screws, bolts and those little clips go.

Just bought a 2012 NC700x, this was great information to know. Unfortunately, the guy I bought it from must have taken apart the bike at some point because a lot of push pins are missing and there are even push pins where some screws should be.... I think I'm gonna take it to Honda and ask if they can give me replacements for all the pins/screws

Back