• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Wiring a replacement turn signal

werdigo

Reaction score
Visit site
The right turn signal's wiring on my 2014 NC-700X has three wires, which I identify as Green, Blue, and Blue/White Stripe (I word it this way because I'm not sure of what the factory calls these colors).

A few years ago I dropped the bike and installed (among a fair number of other things) a cheap replacement right turn signal, coping with the too-short 6mm stud by Gorilla-taping the light to the fairing. I don't remember how I determined the wiring, but my replacement had Blue (wired to the bike's Blue/White Stripe), Yellow (to the bike's Green), and Purple (to the bike's Blue).

After a recent deer incident badly scraped the yellow lens I decided to install the unused turn signal from that earlier purchase. But its wires were Blue, Yellow, and Red... I wired Blue and Yellow like the previous replacement (B/W stripe, Green) and treated the new Red as if it were Purple (to the bike's Blue)... but although the running light came on, switching on the right turn signal turned all right lights off. Swapping the light's Blue and Yellow wires produced no change.

I finally reinstalled the first replacement, following my notes about its wiring, but was able to replace the yellow lens with the unscraped one from the new replacement. Everything works as it did before I started... I guess that's a form of SUCCESS.

Has anyone had a similar experience and found a solution? I looked for a relevant wiring diagram on the Web and didn't see one.

A Honda service manual is worth its' weight in gold. All Honda Green wiring is ground.

Attachments

• IMG_0662.jpeg
    IMG_0662.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 6
Back