• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Rented an nc700 today.

I didn't like the air hawk,it made me sit to high and in curves and turns I felt like I was going to slid off.I have tried as many seat pads as 670 has tried seats.maybe more.

It baffles me how Honda can get things so right and not realize what a POS the seat is.... I know it's made to a price point, but jeez...
Not only Honda, go ride a bmw G650gs and you will be glad to get back on the Honda seat. I also replaced the seat on my Suzuki C50 cruiser-it was wide enough but the foam was junk; and the Kawasakis KLX250SF, that is a torture chamber when sitting on it-a 2x4 would be an improvement.

I have an airhawk and like using it. It does make be sit higher and going into curves, I just clinch the butt checks and go-took a few times riding it though to get used to the feeling of riding on air.

I would like to move the pegs forward about 6".
Has anyone done this yet?
My PC 800 is getting old, and I would like to update soon.

Have you looked into a CTX700? They have the same chassis/engine and forward controls.

Pardon my ignorance but is that the Honda top case? If not, who makes the mounting hardware and case?

Also, any problems fueling up with the Corbin seat? I think I've read about the rear seat sticking.

Thanks!

I also went from a PC800 to an Nc700X. The PC800 was a fun bike and I really liked the extra storage trunk out back. But after my 10 years on that bike (it was a 1990) I wanted something a little lighter to push around when parking and something that would handle unpaved roads a little better. I had my seat re-worked by Frank Spencer last winter and after just a fews short rides this spring I can tell it is a GREAT improvement from the stock seat and cost a lot less that many other options. Now that I've added SW-Motech side boxes, 2in Rox Risers and some Shinko 705's I'm not missing the PC800 much any more. The only problem with the NC700 is there is way too much stuff (Fun stuff at that..) you can add to the bike to suit your tastes. The only update the old PC800 got was a new windshield, but it's very easy to find at least $3,000 of extras to add to the NC700. But I'm glad I made the trade.

That 's great to hear you like Spencer's seat mod. I had him do my seat this past December but I haven't ridden the bike yet this year. My last bike was a 1995 PC800, my "dream bike", that was too painful to ride after an hour or so in the saddle. It was so bad I only rode the bike 2500 miles in two years. I beat that mileage on my NC XD in three months.

I've tried 5 seats on the NC700X, including the stock seat. I'd rate the stock seat middle of the pack, so maybe that's what Honda was going for. Can't please everyone.

They are not going to please "Anyone" with that wooden bench seat they have.

Stock seat design is a " nut cracker" for sure.......meaning , not enough up front coverage prior to the seat meeting plastic just prior too frunk hinge point.

Back