• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Poll DCT or Standard what do you have what do you want?

DCT or Standard What do you have or want

• Standard

Votes: 58 50.4%
  • DCT

Votes: 57 49.6%

• Total voters
My first bike, so the DCT gave me the confidence to ride without the stress of learning the clutch and shifter operations at the same time.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 Windows Phone using Board Express

DCT

Bought out of curiosity, enjoying it much.

But... whatever one wants... it's an individual preference.

Standard. I would really like to have ABS, but didn't want the DCT.

Standard. I like the clutch and shift. It makes me feel like I am in control (bwa-haha-ha-ha - silly me) though I have never ridden a model with DCT and its probably awesome!

Was on fence about DCT but wanted ABS so got the DCT. Now I love it and am glad I have it. With paddle shifters and in manual mode I can be in control down to the point of stalling the engine which it won't let me do. Don't want to stall the engine often enough to wish I bought a manual transmission. ;) Shifts are so smooth I can hear but not feel them most of the time. It is a great concept well implemented by Honda.

Got to have a standard, as it is a lot easier to pop wheelies on. When your my age got to do things the easy way. But I know that the automatic will wheelie also.

Just rode my DCT from Flda to Texas. Great trip and I am really liking the DCT. Paddle downshift for some turns and let the DCT do the rest of the work. In big box parking lots a switch to Sport Mode, so it doesn't shift so much. Great bike that is replacing my ST1300A.

@OCR......
No stress. Just follow your instructions and ride, ride and ride some more.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 Windows Phone using Board Express

My bike has a manual transmission but my brain commands my body to shift it "automatically". I've been operating a manual tranny for so long that shifting and clutching now requires no conscious thought on my part. It just happens.

Greg

Last edited:
Was on fence about DCT but wanted ABS so got the DCT. Now I love it and am glad I have it. With paddle shifters and in manual mode I can be in control down to the point of stalling the engine which it won't let me do. Don't want to stall the engine often enough to wish I bought a manual transmission. ;) Shifts are so smooth I can hear but not feel them most of the time. It is a great concept well implemented by Honda.

Yeah after following you in the twisties and on cherohala skyway, I think I could get to like a DCT. Still love what I have, but I think I'd be just as happy with a DCT now.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

I bought the manual. I wanted the manual because with automatic transmissions in my cars, I wanted something to shift again. I live in a town of less than 25k, and within 5 minutes can be on rural roads and highway, so riding in heavy traffic is not a problem. If I lived in a more metropolitan area I probably would've considered, and gotten, the DCT. I moved to automatics in my cars, because when I did get into area with heavy traffic, I hated having to work the clutch so much as I inched along in stop and go traffic. But as long as I live where I do, I will keep my manual.

I wouldn't mind having both. I picked the standard because its a rock solid reliable Honda and the manual has been around for ever.
My next one might have the DCT if it doesn't have any issues that cost a fortune to repair. (I would want the ability to turn the ABS off though.)
I will say that I am completely satisfied with my manual and if that's all I could get when this one is wore out.
I would buy another in a heartbeat.

Back