• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Old guy.......new ride

Wild ill

Reaction score
home.earthlink.net
Hello from "The Peoples Republic of California".........Lived and ridden here all my life....on road and off.....I purchased a NC700 DTC to ride back and fourth from Riverside to Orange every day (about 30 miles each way) ......I was a little worried about buying the DTC...didn't know if I would like the not shifting alternative....Well the verdict for me is that I made the right choice. I have about 9500 miles on the clock and have had no trouble at all. So far I have done the first service and also installed a new rear tire. I average about 300 miles per week and since I live is SoCal I ride all year round.....The seat sucks as most of you know. I ordered the SHAD seats and will install them this afternoon....I will post my thoughts after some test miles....
This is a great forum and I am happy to be part of it. Lets just say that I started riding in the 1960"s........at a very young age and have lost track of the makes, models and number of bikes I have owned....sometimes as many as 5 at the same time....now down to two.....

Bill
SO HELLO FORM SOCAL!

Welcome to the club!! I have a 2014 DCT that I bought during the April school break and like you, was a bit apprehensive about not having a lever on the left grip...Guess what? I don't miss it at all!! I'm in Maine and also ride year round, except of course when there is snow/ice on the highways...Typically that is about 10 or 12 travel days a year...

Welcome! Glad to have you! Having just got off a scooter, I know NOT shifting is NOT a bad thing! I do like my standard NC, though.

Hello from "The Peoples Republic of California".........Lived and ridden here all my life....on road and off.....I purchased a NC700 DTC to ride back and fourth from Riverside to Orange every day (about 30 miles each way) ......I was a little worried about buying the DTC...didn't know if I would like the not shifting alternative....Well the verdict for me is that I made the right choice. I have about 9500 miles on the clock and have had no trouble at all. So far I have done the first service and also installed a new rear tire. I average about 300 miles per week and since I live is SoCal I ride all year round.....The seat sucks as most of you know. I ordered the SHAD seats and will install them this afternoon....I will post my thoughts after some test miles....
This is a great forum and I am happy to be part of it. Lets just say that I started riding in the 1960"s........at a very young age and have lost track of the makes, models and number of bikes I have owned....sometimes as many as 5 at the same time....now down to two.....

Bill
SO HELLO FORM SOCAL!

Welcome and I agree, the DCT is a hoot! Now if I can just get into the habit of canceling my turn signals. It seems that when I get on my Honda my brain goes into the "automatic" mode and I forget to cancel. Don't have that problem on my other two bikes. Kind of weird. I also started riding in the 60's and have had a ton of bikes. This Honda may just be the best. A real pleasure to drive.

Hello from "The Peoples Republic of California".........Lived and ridden here all my life....on road and off.....I purchased a NC700 DTC to ride back and fourth from Riverside to Orange every day (about 30 miles each way) ......I was a little worried about buying the DTC...didn't know if I would like the not shifting alternative....Well the verdict for me is that I made the right choice.

Bill
SO HELLO FORM SOCAL!

CONGRATS on the "Sound Decision" on getting the DCT (Dual Clutch Transmission). Gettings from SoCal...

I too have a DCT and it is "BLAST" to ride. The trick is selecting the correct "Drive Mode" for the style of riding will be doing. I use mostly "S-Mode" for all my driving where I want a better control of the trans. I only use "D-Mode" on the highways.

NaNCy_514.jpg

Say "HELLO" to NaNCy...

Welcome, good decision to go for the DCT. I thought it might be strange and it was for the first day, no regrets great bit of kit. Enjoy and be safe

Back