• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Ok Lets Hear it?! Complaint Department

Turn signal and horn mix up doesn't bother me. On the DCT the downshift switch is in the same position relative to the turn signal switch as the horn on my last bike. I've twice failed to sound the horn but changed down through the gears instead:(

Falls under the category of annoying..............turn signal and horn button positions are not consistent with other Honda's

View attachment 4433View attachment 4434

On numerous occasions, riding down chinatown I've hit the horn instead of turn signal. I have to use the horn in Chinatown, so then my thumb is primed for horn, and I hit it instead of the turn signal. It is an annoyance, but again, I still love the bike.

On numerous occasions, riding down chinatown I've hit the horn instead of turn signal. I have to use the horn in Chinatown, so then my thumb is primed for horn, and I hit it instead of the turn signal. It is an annoyance, but again, I still love the bike.

and the annoyance is there only if you ride diffferent bikes ("at the same time").........if the NC is your only bike you learn and get use to the controls so then it is not a concern. I also get having the turn signal at a lower position on the switch because it used far more than the horn and your thumb has to more less to activate the signals make sense.

Falls under the category of annoying..............turn signal and horn button positions are not consistent with other Honda's

I got so used to having the turn signal button at the bottom that, when I ride other bikes, I end up honking at people at intersections for no apparent reason. So embarrassing :eek:

It's just funny to see how everyone gets offended even if slightly when someone doesn't like the bike. Maybe that's a sign of a future nc cult following?

How do you make the Grand Canyonesque leap of logic required to come up with the idea anyone is "offended"?

Tone down the hyberbole a bit.

wish the ncx had a 21inch front wheel with a little more ground clearance and a little more power with a little higher rev limit would be great too it would make an already good bike even better maybe even great haha .... my 05 v strom 650 is way faster (but the throttle body sync thing always sucked on long long long trips ) my 1st gen klr650 single cylinder is still faster than the ncx .. (i shake my head) my ktm690 would ride circles around the ncx ... but the ncx is the most friendly motor bike i have ever riden :) its a happy bike .. not a wicked fire breathing monster..

i got the ncx to take on long trips across many countries and after riding it around locally iv decided that its a venerable mount for this type of riding ... just put gas in it and go go go ..at 70mpg ...although i would never want to take this thing offroad got others for that

Last edited:
Keep the complaints coming. I don't own one yet, but I soon will own an NCX or a CTX. So far, none of the complaints will dissuade my purchase. Not faster than a Ranger. Heck--It's on two wheels. I don't want to go faster than a Ford Ranger's top speed. I guess 100 + is more than I'll ever place the needle.

I've got a diesel car, so I know all about running the RPM out of the power band, but that torque on the front end (at least in my car) makes up for it. I love just pushing the accelerator and getting a response without waiting for a downshift and the RPM to build. It is a feeling of luxury and refinement instead of raw power. I can't beat any modern car in a drag race, save a Toyota Prius and maybe a couple of 4-cylinder pickups and a couple of full-size vans, but put me on a windy road, and once I hit 4th gear, I'm really hard to keep up with staying in the middle RPM ranges, because the gas 4-bangers can't drive out of the curves up hill like I can. They've got to build power and torque as they regain RPM. I've already got everything I need @ 1800 RPM when I hit the end of the curve, so I just drive out and I'm gone. It is kind of a bummer, however, when I'm at a dead stop at the bottom of a hill. That's when 100 horsepower pulling 3200 lbs is really noticeable. I'm sure the NC700X is much better than the car in that regard and will feel very fast to me. I've never owned a big bike or a sport bike, so I won't know what I'm missing.

As for the exhaust note. I'm sure it will sound better than my Piaggio BV350.

Everything is relative.

How do you make the Grand Canyonesque leap of logic required to come up with the idea anyone is "offended"?

Tone down the hyberbole a bit.

How can you even consider this "canyonesque"?! Every time someone talks about getting rid of the nc for "fork tunnel" noise or something stupid like that everyone responses are critical of said owner. There is a fork tunnel noise thread that has people criticizing the guy for getting rid of it. Hell I think the guys nuts but I know I'm critical I speak my mind too much.

If you haven't read it read paul700's nc700x parts for sale thread. Like I said even I'm critical but its a good bike so I don't get the complaints bad enough to get rid of the bike.

Last edited:
How can you even consider this "canyonesque"?! Every time someone talks about getting rid of the nc for "fork tunnel" noise or something stupid like that everyone responses are critical of said owner. There is a fork tunnel noise thread that has people criticizing the guy for getting rid of it. Hell I think the guys nuts but I know I'm critical I speak my mind too much.

If you haven't read it read paul700's nc700x parts for sale thread. Like I said even I'm critical but its a good bike so I don't get the complaints bad enough to get rid of the bike.

Most ( not all ) of the complaints that warrant gitting rid of the bike are just exuses.The owner probably didn't like the bike after he biught it and rode it and found a exuse to get rid of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's just funny to see how everyone gets offended even if slightly when someone doesn't like the bike. Maybe that's a sign of a future nc cult following?

I think it's because some people take it as an insult to their taste in bikes. If anybody says that they don't like my bike I have two stock answers either "That's OK you don't have to ride it" or better still "If you write the cheque for my next bike then you can choose it". The latter often results in them just walking away :)

You don't need an excuse to sell a bike. You just have to not want to own it any more.

It is not like a divorce where you are expected to provide a reason. It is also not as expensive. I asked my wife what she wanted for Christmas one year and she said "a divorce." I told her that I hadn't planned on spending that much.

You don't need an excuse to sell a bike. You just have to not want to own it any more.

It is not like a divorce where you are expected to provide a reason. It is also not as expensive. I asked my wife what she wanted for Christmas one year and she said "a divorce." I told her that I hadn't planned on spending that much.

Exactly !!!!.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have one yet but I test rode another one this AM................the seat, the handlebar position and the windscreen would the first things to get "fixed".

No bike ever seems to "fit" me right. Part of the fun of buying a new/different bike.

Make sure you give it some time before you go buying all the replacements. My bike didn't feel right at all when I got it, but fits perfectly now, and I haven't changed the seat, pegs, or handlebars. Still thinking risers might be in store for me sometime...

I have no complaints in the power department for highway passing. My bike seems
quite fast. I have to be careful to keep it within legal limits.

The seat is fine and comfy. I have no problems with it.

Not understanding those two "complaints" by others.

I have no complaints in the power department for highway passing. My bike seems
quite fast. I have to be careful to keep it within legal limits.

The seat is fine and comfy. I have no problems with it.

Not understanding those two "complaints" by others.

The seat problem is mainly the difference in the build of the rider (height and weight are a major factor). For me the seat causes discomfort within 30 miles, and the slope pushing me into the tank causes the seat to peg relationship to end up very tight. This is why I ordered the seat concepts seat, that extra inch will really help. I love the NC for my all around bike, but I would guess that less than 50% of the owners of ANY motorcycle would say it fit them perfectly, that's how the aftermarket stays in business. Consider yourself one of the lucky ones who found the ride that fit their physique without any mods, as for me I'm willing to spend a little extra to make my ride fit me because of what a great motorcycle it is.

now come on guys sheck ya spelling..wats dis biught , spaces between centences.
if ya cannna get dat right I'm outer here:p

no such thing as a perfect wife but at least ya can make ya bike ya own, try that with ya wify wiv out getting a smack on the chop;)

The seat problem is mainly the difference in the build of the rider (height and weight are a major factor). For me the seat causes discomfort within 30 miles, and the slope pushing me into the tank causes the seat to peg relationship to end up very tight. This is why I ordered the seat concepts seat, that extra inch will really help. I love the NC for my all around bike, but I would guess that less than 50% of the owners of ANY motorcycle would say it fit them perfectly, that's how the aftermarket stays in business. Consider yourself one of the lucky ones who found the ride that fit their physique without any mods, as for me I'm willing to spend a little extra to make my ride fit me because of what a great motorcycle it is.
I also think that it depends on how comfortable the rider wants to be. I can think of bikes that I owned in the past and was happy to do 1000s of miles on that these days I would complain about after a couple of hundred

As human beings, we will always find something to complain about.
Now, just look at the scooters and bikes that people in INDIA has to use and perhaps you will "appreciate" the modern NC700 which you are so lucky to own and ride.

If one looks at the BMW GS (700/800/1200) or the Multistrada, or some other bikes constantly, there will soon be jealousy and complaints about the NC700.

It is all about relativity.
Be happy with what you have. If you are not happy, then do something to change it. Complaining about it, is just hot air out the mouth.
:p

Back