• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Ok Lets Hear it?! Complaint Department

Tach is digital. The whole instrument panel works off a single serial connection to the ECU.

Tach display is analogue, it shows a linear bar. Speedo display is digital, it shows numerals.

I think the point is that many people still feel more comfortable with a typical dial display - it's slightly easier to read the position of a needle at a glance than it is to read a digital display

Tach display is analogue, it shows a linear bar. Speedo display is digital, it shows numerals.

I think the point is that many people still feel more comfortable with a typical dial display - it's slightly easier to read the position of a needle at a glance than it is to read a digital display

But being able to switch from mph to kph in about 10 seconds ROCKS !!!.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The speedo is easier to read at a glance than it is to read an analog speedo display with tiny little numbers arranged in a circle. I don't want to study small print, I just want to know my speed quickly and accurately.
I like the digital speed display in my four wheel vehicles also.

I've only had mine for a couple of weeks now and so far have only one major complaint, The seat, it's even worse than the Burgman 650 the most uncomfortable bike I'd ever owned. I took my airhawk off my Guzzi and put it on the NC and it's now tolerable for a while but still needs something better, I've never had a custom seat before but I think I'm going to have to get one for the NC when I can afford it.

Now for minor complaints, I wish the manual version had a gear indicator, I can't seem to remember how many times I've shifted, as I get more used to it and learn what the relationship between RPM's and speed for each gear hopefully that won't be as much a problem. On my Guzzi just a quick glance at the relationship between the needles on the analog gauges and I can tell what gear I'm in.

Self canceling turn signals, but I think they should be standard on all Motorcycles, after all if Harley can do it Honda ought to be able to.

Dennis

Self canceling turn signals, but I think they should be standard on all Motorcycles, after all if Harley can do it Honda ought to be able to.

Dennis

Honda has done it (self canceling signals) for over 30 years on many models.............think it is more cost thing than a technology thing, same goes for the gear indicator........all the little stuff adds up:eek:

To be honest, I've always thought auto off turn signals were A: a waste of money, and B: dangerous.

Strictly my own opinion; I never, ever, ever, forget to turn my signals off, and I'm always seeing people (biking friends with self canceling signals) go straight through intersections with their "auto off" turn signal flashing merrily away, because where they turned or are going to turn, is not far enough away from that intersection to make the signal turn off.

Cars waiting at the intersection to turn in front of them, think they are going to be turning as well, so take it for granted that they can proceed to make their turn. It's bad enough that cars like to turn left in front of bikes without their turn signals flashing, encouraging them to think they can is just a bad thing, IMHO...

I know *I* hate it when people go straight through intersections or past driveways/turn-ins etc., with their signals on!

-my 1981 Yamaha RD350LC was basically a 2-stroke race bike with lights at the time, and even it had self canceling turn signals, lol. The auto-off module was a tiny little potted epoxy black box the size of a pack of wooden matches, and the bike had no other electronics at all.

Strictly my own opinion; I never, ever, ever, forget to turn my signals off, and I'm always seeing people (biking friends with self canceling signals) go straight through intersections with their "auto off" turn signal flashing merrily away, because where they turned or are going to turn, is not far enough away from that intersection to make the signal .
I wish I could say that I have "never" forgot to turn off my turn signals. In over 40 years of riding I have forgotten more than a few times. I feel vulnerable when it happens, but I guess I'm not perfect! But I agree about automatic cancelling turn signals can be a problem.

I never, ever, ever, forget to turn my signals off....
You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din. No matter how hard I try to remember, seems I leave them on for a block or so after the turn about 1/3 of the time. Getting better but still. . . .

Given how little movement it sometimes takes on the handlebars to make a turn, I agree, self cancelling signals would not be terribly useful as I think I'd still find myself a block or so past the turn with my blinker still flashing merrily away just as often as I do now. At least with manual, I know I have to cancel. Now if I could just remember. . . .

You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din. No matter how hard I try to remember, seems I leave them on for a block or so after the turn about 1/3 of the time.

Better? Absolutely not, lol ;)

My non-turn signal-leaver-oner super power comes at a price; Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and being twitchy as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs, as far as: "is my signal off? is my signal off? is my signal off? is my signal off?"

:eek:

I wish I could say that I have "never" forgot to turn off my turn signals. In over 40 years of riding I have forgotten more than a few times. I feel vulnerable when it happens, but I guess I'm not perfect! But I agree about automatic cancelling turn signals can be a problem.

Humble apologies, in my haste to decry the evils of auto cancel signals, I neglected to mention that I see just as many or more people go for entire time zones completely oblivious to their manual turn signals indicating a never ending orbit...

When I said personal opinion, I literally meant just me-and "never forgetting", wasn't meant as a nose in the air attitude of Ha ha! You lose at the turn signal game! No soup for you! compared to all others, it's one of my many eccentricities...:eek: :D

Heh, I was just thinking about this turn signal thing yesterday when I discovered I left mine on for about a mile on the NC. On the old Honda, I had a speakerbox that would beep when your turn signal was on. After about a year of riding it with the beep, I promptly removed it. I would get funny looks at stoplights, and after a while it got rather irritating. BEEP, BEEP, BEEP, BEEP, ....

My honest and frank opinion about turn signals is this:
If you cannot use them or turn them off after using them, you should stick to walking or driving your auto.

I don't think I've ever followed a motorcycle with a turn signal still flashing nearly as far as I've followed cars and trucks down the highway. Usually a glance at the instrument panel with a green arrow flashing back at me is enough to remind me to turn it off.

The damn way to reset the trip odometer. Wouldn't it have been soo much easier just to make it that you just have to hold the A button like 3 seconds for it to go back to zero instead of doing a friggin combination of the A and B button (which I once again forgotten how to do it!) and then get into the settings instead of resetting the trip odometer.

Last edited:
Back