• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

OEM Honda Center Stand Install

Does the stand lift the rear wheel up from the ground? A friend of my had installed the main stand from web bike but complain that the stand does not lift the rear wheel up when parked.

HONDA : Main stand [08M70MGSJ30]

This the item he got.

Based on what I see there is 2 type one is the domestic model.

Both are domestic Japan models as distinguished by the "J" in the part number. The only difference is the language of the instructions. Hard to believe they don't simplify and provide world market instructions and one part number, but they do not. The 0870MGSJ10 (the other one I think you are referring to) is spec'ed for the NC700S or what they are calling the NC700X type LD (possibly "lowered"). The 0870MGSJ30 he ordered should be the correct stand (with Japanese instructions) and should lift the rear wheel clear of the ground. I bought mine from Web!ke and got the correct stand. The one specifically for the US market is 0870MGSA30. At any rate from what I can tell, the -10 is short and -30 is tall. This does not leave out the possibility that the stands are mis-packaged from the supplier or the order is mis-filled from Web!ke Japan. Your friend has discovered (as I often have) the greatest disadvantage of ordering out-of-country.

The two item pictures at Web!ike look the same to me but have different file names...

08m70mgsj10s.jpg
08m70mgsj10s.jpg

08m70mgsj30.jpg
08m70mgsj30.jpg

For comparison, here is the pic from CyclePartsNation for the 0870MGSA30 stand which looks taller to me...
08m70-mgs-a30-1.jpg

Last edited:
Both are domestic Japan models as distinguished by the "J" in the part number. The only difference is the language of the instructions. Hard to believe they don't simplify and provide world market instructions and one part number, but they do not. The 0870MGSJ10 (the other one I think you are referring to) is spec'ed for the NC700S or what they are calling the NC700X type LD (possibly "lowered"). The 0870MGSJ30 he ordered should be the correct stand (with Japanese instructions) and should lift the rear wheel clear of the ground. I bought mine from Web!ke and got the correct stand. The one specifically for the US market is 0870MGSA30. At any rate from what I can tell, the -10 is short and -30 is tall. This does not leave out the possibility that the stands are mis-packaged from the supplier or the order is mis-filled from Web!ke Japan. Your friend has discovered (as I often have) the greatest disadvantage of ordering out-of-country.

The two item pictures at Web!ike look the same to me but have different file names...

08m70mgsj10s.jpg
View attachment 1641

08m70mgsj30.jpg
View attachment 1642

For comparison, here is the pic from CyclePartsNation for the 0870MGSA30 stand which looks taller to me...
View attachment 1643
Thanks for the clarifications.

What Beemer said is correct. I did in fact order the X stand, and did in fact receive the S stand. I ended up keeping my incorrect stand as it works perfectly for a 40mm lowered nc700x. I think that it puts the bike close, if not exact to the ride height of the S version.

Sounds like your friend got the S version too.

How you can tell the stands apart is the vertical spacing between the lower horizontal steel beam, and that little triangle piece that supports the foot press beam. The X version has much more distance between the two.

Both photos listed on the site are the S version stand.

Last edited:
I have scanned my English fitting instructions into a pdf document, if anyone orders their stand from Japan and wants the English instructions just pm me your email address and I'll send it to you.

try as I might I cannot get the spring and I'm no weakling.
this the 1st time that a centre stand spring failed to get it on!
I'll take it to the dealer ask them to do it.

I found the easiest way to get the centre stand on the NC was to sit and eat a breakfast including Lucy's wonderful fried bread whilst the dealers mechanic (sorry technician) fitted it. After all I wasn't being charged for the work

Look in your local auto parts store for a brake spring tool, it looks like a screw driver, round at the end with a dimple cut into it, you put the spring loop on the shaft and hook the dimple on the spring hook on the stand and push, the spring will slide onto the hook. Its a little hard to understand but its a simple deal and works, I lost mine years ago, I used a flat blade screw driver to do the same thing but its a little tricky. The tool prolly costs 6 dollars or 7ish eu??? I really need to get a new one.

I know it's been mentioned before, but if you haven't tried the boot lace idea to mount the springs to the stand, you should give it a whirl first. I found I didn't need to brace the front wheel or anything like that. One spring at a time, and it was on in 2 minutes.

It actually blew my mind how simple it was. So don't give up yet.

I have the Honda original stand installed a few weeks ago... Everything was pretty simple except for the 2 springs... OMG.. My roommate and I was struggling with the springs for a long time, finally with some elbow grease, the spring is on...

One thing I hate about the center stand... I have to put the stock pipe back on or the stand has no place to rest except on the swing arm!!!

try as I might I cannot get the spring and I'm no weakling.
this the 1st time that a centre stand spring failed to get it on!
I'll take it to the dealer ask them to do it.

I have the Honda original stand installed a few weeks ago... Everything was pretty simple except for the 2 springs... OMG.. My roommate and I was struggling with the springs for a long time, finally with some elbow grease, the spring is on...

One thing I hate about the center stand... I have to put the stock pipe back on or the stand has no place to rest except on the swing arm!!!

Post number 1 in this thread explains how to install the springs first, then tap the pivot shaft in place. My instructions from Honda also stated this method as an alternative. Mine went on with no sweat - just needed a helper to tap the shaft in place with a rubber mallet while I levered the stand in place. Never had to fight the springs at all.

Greg

Back