• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Now that's Economical!

anglachel

Reaction score
Visit site
Found out I'll be traveling for work.

Also found out that work reimburses for mileage at 54.5 cents per mile for motorcycles.
The NC on a bad day only takes ~4 cents per mile in gas, not sure what maintenance will cost when all is said and done, but my running tally puts me at less than 30 cents per mile excluding the cost of the bike, farkles, and gear. (with those costs included, it becomes clear I need to put on more miles.)

I was totally willing to get paid ~25 cents per mile to ride.

Sadly with only 5 days notice to travel halfway across the country, and with plane tickets costing far less than 54.5 cents per mile for this trip (round trip tickets are like $600, round trip mileage reimbursement would be $1800), I'm going to end up flying.

But a man can dream... some day, a quarter every time the odometer ticks off another mile... sure it's only $15 an hour at 60 mph, but that's good money for something I'd do for free.

I'm guessing you're like me, a federal employee. I've always noticed that the motorcycle rate is much higher than the standard POV, but close to the higher POV rate. I've got a trip next week that's just 350 miles east from here. It would be a great opportunity for me to take the NC instead of a G-ride. I'll report back if I do give it a go. -Jim

Found out I'll be traveling for work.

Also found out that work reimburses for mileage at 54.5 cents per mile for motorcycles.
The NC on a bad day only takes ~4 cents per mile in gas, not sure what maintenance will cost when all is said and done, but my running tally puts me at less than 30 cents per mile excluding the cost of the bike, farkles, and gear. (with those costs included, it becomes clear I need to put on more miles.)

I was totally willing to get paid ~25 cents per mile to ride.

Sadly with only 5 days notice to travel halfway across the country, and with plane tickets costing far less than 54.5 cents per mile for this trip (round trip tickets are like $600, round trip mileage reimbursement would be $1800), I'm going to end up flying.

But a man can dream... some day, a quarter every time the odometer ticks off another mile... sure it's only $15 an hour at 60 mph, but that's good money for something I'd do for free.
Don't forget to add rental car to cost of airfare in comparison.

I slip a couple thousand miles a year of reimbursable mileage on my motorcycle. I have ridden to south Georgia on business then to Dayton Bike Week instead of home on the weekend and back to South Georgia for more work. Paid for riding over 1,000 miles of riding to go to bike week. Company saves money because less miles to Daytona for weekend than going home. Tough gig. :)

Back