• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Electric Everything: Gas is Now Cheaper than a Recharge

admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
The electric rider’s right to a cheap charge may soon come into question, thanks to the insane inflation of France’s cents per kilowatt-hour (c/kw-h); in fact, all accounts state it’s already beaten the price of a full tank of gasoline, depending on where and how you choose to juice up.

According to lerepairedesmotards, the ones at fault are also apparently the ones calling the shots; main recharging networks like Belib’ have “not only increased rates, but also changed the calculation of pricing [to include] charging time [and] the amount of energy consumed.”

A LiveWire recharging. Media sourced from Green Car Reports.
A LiveWire recharging. Media sourced from Green Car Reports.

This means many Parisians are forking over anywhere between €13 and €40 for 250km of travel – and sure, this includes a flux between the rider’s choice of charging speed and whether they’re a “subscriber to the service managed by TotalEnergies,” but come on. That’s an insane flux.

“It therefore appears that, in the worst case scenario, the mileage cost of electricity is now higher than that of gasoline for a medium-sized car,” finishes the report.

In our opinion, there are two options; go with the flow as electricity prices hike up, and take the hit, or go the frugal route by choosing slower-charging stations, mapping out cheaper, subscriber-friendly deals, and allow the electric charging industry begin the mimicry of our fossil fuel’s multi-choice methods.

The Zero FXE. Media sourced from Electrek.
The Zero FXE. Media sourced from Electrek.

If you think about it, gas stations offer standard and premium, with many families aligning their points cards to benefit their stations of choice; should the experience of an electric charge be any different?

Hit us up in the comments below, you know we love to hear from you. Be sure to also subscribe to our newsletter (there’s more happening in that thing every day, I swear), smack that pretty lil’ orange button at the top of our page for ad-free reading, and as ever – stay safe on the twisties.

*Media sourced from Green Car Reports, Electrek, and Motorcycle.com*​

The post Electric Everything: Gas is Now Cheaper than a Recharge appeared first on webBikeWorld.

Continue reading...

Looks like they really need to pump up the price of gasoline.

Yep here where it really gets winter temps, I am in no hurry to go the EV route.
I would charge up in my garage, but that setup up is mega expensive as well.
So gas it is for the foreseeable future - car and bike!

Yep here where it really gets winter temps, I am in no hurry to go the EV route.
I would charge up in my garage, but that setup up is mega expensive as well.
So gas it is for the foreseeable future - car and bike!
Talking electric motorcycles here, my Zero plugs into a 15 amp 120v outlet with a cord that came with the bike - not a mega expensive setup.

I love the ride experience and the convenience of the electric motorcycle.

At 120 volts its takes many hours, at 240 volts its much lower.
Just like the level 1, 2, 3 chargers.
I dont have 240 volts in my house so yea its another expense.
Just like the higher cost of the bike/car.
Many articles lately, not sure why, that for most people you will never recoup the extra cost of an EV car, because you'll get rid of it before the savings out do the cost.
I am not against EVs or battery powered bikes.
Just not for me.

When in Paris do as the Parisians.

A person not living in Paris France might ask, what does this have to do with EV costs in Paris TX, Peoria IL, or Perris CA, all with vastly different energy costs.

At 120 volts its takes many hours, at 240 volts its much lower.
Just like the level 1, 2, 3 chargers.
I dont have 240 volts in my house so yea its another expense.
Just like the higher cost of the bike/car.
Many articles lately, not sure why, that for most people you will never recoup the extra cost of an EV car, because you'll get rid of it before the savings out do the cost.
I am not against EVs or battery powered bikes.
Just not for me.
It’s not all about doing it cheaper, it’s about doing it differently.

The headline is sensationalistic and really goes to worst case circumstances. The article and video are interesting if you are into EVs, maybe alternative energy. Despite being a huge supporter the idea of alternative energy vehicles, they still are not right for me. An electric motorcycle possibly, but not a primary vehicle.

My point is not everyone CAN afford an EV.
Sure its different, and sure its expensive.
Some can buy Porches, some have to go with Fords or Chevys.

The headline is sensationalistic and really goes to worst case circumstances. The article and video are interesting if you are into EVs, maybe alternative energy. Despite being a huge supporter the idea of alternative energy vehicles, they still are not right for me. An electric motorcycle possibly, but not a primary vehicle.
Put a larger gasoline tank in a vehicle and it could cost more to fill it. Put a larger battery pack in a vehicle and it could cost more to charge it.

My point is not everyone CAN afford an EV.
Sure its different, and sure its expensive.
Some can buy Porches, some have to go with Fords or Chevys.
Well, sure, it’s to be expected that not every one CAN afford an EV. I remember that when electronic calculators, digital watches, personal computers, and mobile phones were new, many people could not afford them or didn’t want to spend the big bucks. Given time, all those items fell within the reach of a far larger percentage of the population.

Electric Everything...?

Just a few headlines from today:
"EVs Made Up 10% of All New Cars Sold Last Year" - WSJ, ev-volumes.com,
"The share of electric vehicles (NEVs) in sales of passenger cars in China in 2022 was 27.8%. (in China, the term New Energy Vehicles or NEV is used, which includes "pure" electric vehicles powered only by batteries (BEVs), chargable hybrids (PHEV) and electric cars powered by hydrogen fuel cells (FCEV)]. Of these, 5.033 million pure electric vehicles and 1.515 million chargable hybrids were sold.)" - (various)

Meanwhile:
"Wyoming is set to ban sales of new electric vehicles by 2035 to 'ensure the stability' of its oil and gas industry"
Wyoming is set to become the first state to phase out electric vehicles by 2035..."

And April Fool's Day is still far away...

Meanwhile:
"Wyoming is set to ban sales of new electric vehicles by 2035 to 'ensure the stability' of its oil and gas industry"
Wyoming is set to become the first state to phase out electric vehicles by 2035..."

And April Fool's Day is still far away...
Haha! My first thought when you mentioned a Wyoming EV ban due to threats to oil and gas industry, was the story of margarine. A bit before my time, but my parents spoke of it. I remember them saying people could only buy margarine in it‘s natural color and if they wanted it to look like butter, they could dye it at home. From https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/25638/surprisingly-interesting-history-margarine

“How did the dairy world react to margarine’s sudden popularity?​

They were predictably more than a little irked. Butter was big business, and the notion that a cheaper substitute—even one made in part with milk—might storm the market terrified dairy farmers. They didn’t take the threat lying down, though, and convinced legislators to tax margarine at a rate of two cents per pound—no small sum in the late 19th century.

Dairy farmers also successfully lobbied for restrictions that banned the use of yellow dyes to make margarine look more appetizing. By 1900, artificially colored butter was contraband in 30 U.S. states. Several states took even more extreme measures to turn consumers away from margarine—they required the product to be dyed an unappealing pink color

Put a larger gasoline tank in a vehicle and it could cost more to fill it. Put a larger battery pack in a vehicle and it could cost more to charge it.
Of course. As I said, it is sensationalistic. That said, it does at least draw attention to costs associated with charging vehicles. Take a gander at surveys gauging the consumers knowledge on the costs of recharging an electric vehicle and many actually believe it is free. No idea where those respondents could even get that idea.

Of course. As I said, it is sensationalistic. That said, it does at least draw attention to costs associated with charging vehicles. Take a gander at surveys gauging the consumers knowledge on the costs of recharging an electric vehicle and many actually believe it is free. No idea where those respondents could even get that idea.
Yes, there seems to be an illusion or delusion that somehow electric vehicle energy costs are inconsequential. Obviously that is not true; one still needs to purchase the energy. It can be a significant cost, but it could or may not come from a more environmentally friendly source. If you have an ICE machine, it’s for sure you’re burning fossil fuel. If you purchase electricity, there is a possibility that some of that energy comes from other sources. Even if you generate your own electricity through solar, the infrastructure to do so still comes at significant cost.

Back to the article topic, if we were interested in saving energy costs, driving Hummers is not a good plan, whether they are ICE or electric powered.

I d
Yes, there seems to be an illusion or delusion that somehow electric vehicle energy costs are inconsequential. Obviously that is not true; one still needs to purchase the energy. It can be a significant cost, but it could or may not come from a more environmentally friendly source. If you have an ICE machine, it’s for sure you’re burning fossil fuel. If you purchase electricity, there is a possibility that some of that energy comes from other sources.

If we were interested in saving energy, driving Hummers is not a good plan, whether they are ICE or electric powered.
Good point on the Hummer. But I'm not sure that most owners of electric vehicles are actually concerned with saving energy, producing less greenhouse gas, or in reducing their costs associated with ownership and operation. Many want the performance electric delivers. Some are keeping up with the Joneses. Many electric vehicles are being purchased by Fortune X companies so they can check that box on the ESG surveys that are being shoved down their corporate throats which is skewing the data a bit. That said, a close friend of mine installed solar specifically for charging their electric vehicles to reduce their footprint; it's a safe bet they are in the minority.

I'm not saying EVs are bad.
Im not saying that some can and will buy and use them effectively.
There are not for everyone, and not everyone CAN afford them.
Sure with sales price will fall, but only to a point.
Sales up to this point are very low.

You can mandate that no new gas burners will be sold.
Then the old vehicles will be struggling to be maintained and still drivable.
Until you make gas to expensive to use any longer.

EVs will not solve the warming problem, and will not be sooooo much better than gas burners.
BUT since we aren't there yet we cant see all that will happen after we switch over to all EVs.
Just saying it wont all be roses and clear skies using battery powered vehicles.

No addresses the real problem.
This planet should not have as many humans as it does - simple!

Back