• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Per-Mile Motorcycle Insurance Launched For Arizona, Illinois, Indiana, and Ohio

admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
An innovative InsurTech company named Voom has just partnered with insurance company Markel to offer a stunning solution to today’s motorcycle insurance premiums – and the price will purportedly be measured on a per-mile basis.

A view of a rider enjoying the benefits of the pay-per-mile insurance premium offered by insurance companies Voom and Markel

The report from CycleNews states that both companies intend to play equal roles in the product; Voom will be responsible for issuing out the insurance to the client (both directly and through select partners), and Markel will take care of the underwriting expertise and prompt claims handling.

A view of riders enjoying the benefits of the pay-per-mile insurance premium offered by insurance companies Voom and Markel

Voom and Markel’s concept came from a statistic stating that low-mileage riders tend to be safer and cause less chaos, posing up to 80% less risk than riders who spend the day in the saddle.

This option will make a big difference in today’s market – specifically, urban commuters with micro-mobility potential, or any seasonal rider living in a continental climate.

A view of a rider enjoying the benefits of the pay-per-mile insurance premium offered by insurance companies Voom and Markel

Bikers that were previously limited to annual or seasonal insurance wouldn’t have to worry about the extra amount of money that goes to waste on the off-seasons – rather, riders would simply be required to submit a picture of their odometer to the company once a month, and ride as much or as little as they see fit.

A person riding a motorcycle passes in front of customers standing in line to enter a restaurant on Bourbon Street in the French Quarter neighborhood in New Orleans, Louisiana, U.S., on Tuesday, April 20, 2021. Langer Research is releasing consumer comfort figures on April 22. Photographer: Luke Sharrett/Bloomberg

“We are excited to be providing motorcyclists with flexibility through this per-mile motorcycle insurance product,” says Tomer Kashi, CEO, and Co-Founder of Voom.

Tomer Kashi, CEO, and Co-Founder of Voom

Tomer Kashi, CEO, and Co-Founder of Voom

“Enabling cost-effective insurance options for riders and drivers is our top priority. We look forward to spurring further growth across mobility, particularly in otherwise overlooked parts of the industry.”

Jeff May, Executive Underwriting Officer of Markel, couldn’t agree more.

“Markel is thrilled to collaborate with Voom to help introduce per-mile insurance to motorcycle riders,”

A view of Markel Insurance Company's headquarters

“We’ve been providing specialized motorcycle coverage for years, and due to the seasonality of the motorcycle riding season, this is a natural progression in the evolution of motorcycle insurance. Voom’s innovative technology and customer-centric approach, combined with Markel’s specialized motorcycle coverage, make this a product that we hope will bring motorcycle insurance to the next level for riders.”

The premiums are currently available to Arizona, Illinois, Indiana, and Ohio, with liability, comprehensive, medical payments, collision, uninsured motorists, and accessory coverage. The eventual goal is to expand per-mile insurance to the rest of America, with emphasis on low-mileage riders.

(Fingers crossed that this eventually becomes an option in Canada as well, though it’s unlikely anything will change anytime soon considering the absolute killing our companies make on seasonal riders…)

Looking for more traditional insurance options outside of Arizona, Illinois, Indiana, and Ohio? We’ve curated a list of motorcycle insurance quotes for you if you need a rough idea of what’s available in your area.

Feel free to take a gander, and as always – stay safe on the twisties!

The post Per-Mile Motorcycle Insurance Launched For Arizona, Illinois, Indiana, and Ohio appeared first on webBikeWorld.

Continue reading...

“Voom and Markel’s concept came from a statistic stating that low-mileage riders tend to be safer and cause less chaos, posing up to 80% less risk than riders who spend the day in the saddle.”

I am a higher mileage rider. I have, on occasion, spent a day in the saddle. Apparently I am less safe and I cause more chaos.

Hmmm.... jury is still out for me. I'm a personal injury attorney, and I know that insurance companies are evil AF. I'd have to look at it a bit more.

“Voom and Markel’s concept came from a statistic stating that low-mileage riders tend to be safer and cause less chaos, posing up to 80% less risk than riders who spend the day in the saddle.”

I am a higher mileage rider. I have, on occasion, spent a day in the saddle. Apparently I am less safe and I cause more chaos.
I thought the same when I read that. I'd like to see that statistic finding that low mileage riders are safer. Maybe safer and less chaos for the underwriter but if these riders ride the street they are perpetual unskilled riders never progressing beyond the most basic of skill level. Maybe it is keyed to exposure to risk. The rider of bike that rarely leaves the garage and then only for a short trip presents the underwriter with little risk. They will charge enough with sign up fees, basic premium cost, and mileage fees to cover the risk.

Back