• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

No space in garage.... outside it goes??

but can it really stay for hours in the sun if the speedo panel is melting???

I agree that the car has a higher value than the bike (both cash and utilitarian) but the bike is a higher flight risk.

not always the case anymore, get a super tenere or bmw GSA1200 and you find out many cars are less expensive.

In the summer time my car goes outside, and my bike goes in the garage with plenty of space around it.

In the winter, the bike gets pushed way back right up against the wall and the car parks in front of it.

When hail is in the forecast the bike gets moved back to the wall, and the car goes inside.

I like the bike and the car to both be easy to get out in the summer time... found when I put both in the garage I'd end up taking the car because I had to move it any how to get to the bike... now I take the bike most of the time and the car only when I don't want to ride (tired, distracted, raining, need to carry more than the bike can, etc.)

I agree that the car has a higher value than the bike (both cash and utilitarian) but the bike is a higher flight risk.
Car has a chipped key, an alarm, two layers of security in the doors and then the ignition, and it weighs 3000lbs...
If you want to steal the car there are multiple layers of security... even hauling it off on a truck would require a substantial truck...
Bike has no chip in the key, so breaking the ignition is really all it would take to ride off with the thing... and it wouldn't even take a significant truck to haul it away (a minivan has the weight capacity)

agree that is harder to steal a car. but if they really want to take your car, vandalize it or accidentally hit it to the point that you are not able to drive it it will happen. and yes they happen more often then you think, i work in the insurance industry..... what would you do then? if it is raining, you need to pick up something on your way home? and now only have a motorcycle.

if they steal my NC , i got a $50 deductible. and lose a toy.
they steal my car, i lose transportation for my family, errand runner, ability to haul big stuff, etc . buying another car is much harder then buying a motorcycle again.

the wises thing to do is to find a way to protect both, even if it there is more effort.

Last edited:
not always the case anymore, get a super tenere or bmw GSA1200 and you find out many cars are less expensive.

My used Tenere almost cost as much as the only new vehicle I ever bought (1992 Ford Ranger).
I like it a lot more than the ranger!

What's wrong with me that I can't figure out how to multi-quote on this forum?bv

My used Tenere almost cost as much as the only new vehicle I ever bought (1992 Ford Ranger).
I like it a lot more than the ranger!

What's wrong with me that I can't figure out how to multi-quote on this forum?bv

Should be the ["+] button, to the right of the ["reply with quote]

Quote your first reply normally, then for every additional multiquote, hit the ["+] one

If you are already doing that, but it isn't working, it could just be an occasional software glitch like the ADV forum has with trying to quote replies sometimes.

Back