• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Question You know what they say about curiosity, but...regarding the radiator?

GLC

Reaction score
Visit site
Taking my '21 NC750x out for a ride today I came back home and was alarmed to see a nut and bolt (about 1 inch long) lying on the garage floor close to where I keep the bike. I looked all over the bike for a missing bolt and was relieved to note that all engine mounts were in place (though this bolt was a little smaller than that anyway) and could find nothing missing except for an empty hole on the top of the radiator where there are two brackets holding it in place. I tried the bolt and it was small enough to go in the hole but not long enough to come out the other side and it was clear that the bolt didn't come from there. So, then I raised my eyes to the sky looking for inspiration and the garage door opener came into view et voila, I found where the bolt had come from. But that left me with the question about the radiator bracket with no bolt through it, when the identical one on the other end has one. I checked the YouTube channels and it is clear that there is only a bolt through one of the top two brackets and the other is left empty. So we finally come to my curious question, why is it only bolted through one of the top brackets and what's the purpose of the bracket with no bolt? I noted that Givi use this empty bracket to attach their radiator guard, but I can't imagine Honda had that in mind when they designed it. Clearly I'm missing something, but at least not a bolt from the bike. Maybe a forum member has an answer that will hit me like a bolt from the blue.

The radiator on older models only has 1 retainer bolt at the top left and 1 through a bracket at the bottom center. The right side doesn’t have a bolt just a projection to hang the radiator on. Is that the same on your 21?

Yes that's the same on mine. I note it also has a rubber grommet on it and is bolted to the upper frame. I guess the rubber grommet is an anti vibration thing.

Per the parts illustration for the ‘21 NC750X, the two upper radiator tabs connect to bracket (18). The bolt (32, circled red) secures one tab, while the bracket has an intergrated pin (circled blue) that holds up the other tab. Only one bolt is needed for the upper mounts. It has been this way since 2012. C50CEE0D-3BD6-4C5B-B48A-6E40D363BB61.jpeg

Aha, all is revealed. Thanks very much for that schematic. By the way, where do you get these schematics from? Presumably there's a set for the entire bike. If there is a download source for them I'd love to have the link.

Aha, all is revealed. Thanks very much for that schematic. By the way, where do you get these schematics from? Presumably there's a set for the entire bike. If there is a download source for them I'd love to have the link.
I go to just about any on-line OEM parts seller. Most use the same illustrated parts diagrams. The source of the one I posted here was https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/

Taking my '21 NC750x out for a ride today I came back home and was alarmed to see a nut and bolt (about 1 inch long) lying on the garage floor close to where I keep the bike. I looked all over the bike for a missing bolt and was relieved to note that all engine mounts were in place (though this bolt was a little smaller than that anyway) and could find nothing missing except for an empty hole on the top of the radiator where there are two brackets holding it in place. I tried the bolt and it was small enough to go in the hole but not long enough to come out the other side and it was clear that the bolt didn't come from there. So, then I raised my eyes to the sky looking for inspiration and the garage door opener came into view et voila, I found where the bolt had come from. But that left me with the question about the radiator bracket with no bolt through it, when the identical one on the other end has one. I checked the YouTube channels and it is clear that there is only a bolt through one of the top two brackets and the other is left empty. So we finally come to my curious question, why is it only bolted through one of the top brackets and what's the purpose of the bracket with no bolt? I noted that Givi use this empty bracket to attach their radiator guard, but I can't imagine Honda had that in mind when they designed it. Clearly I'm missing something, but at least not a bolt from the bike. Maybe a forum member has an answer that will hit me like a bolt from the blue.
Snap. Exactly the same thing happened to me. I rode like that without that bolt in for days. Only noticed apon refueling one day that the radiator looked skew. It holds in place easily just by that one pin.

Back