• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

No space in garage.... outside it goes??

My girlfriend wanted me to park my bike out in the street so she could park her car in the garage, not long after we started going out.

That is to say, my ex girlfriend. :p

*ladies, I am 100% on board with the reverse, of course. No guy should even think about wanting to park a car in your bike's marked garage territory! ;)

i know some of you park car outside and motorcycle inside. due to the fact that not both will fit.

now this does not make much sense to me. even tho the NC is worth more money then my car, the car has more utilitarian value then the motorcycle.

if my motorcycle get stolen or damages. insurance will take care of it, and it will drive the car.

the car can achieve most things the motorcycle cannot.

my car gets stolen. i would not be able to do a lot of things. carry 3 people. carry large objects..... etc

think about it. IMO protecting your car over your motorcycle is a wiser idea.

you car can be past on to a family member, sold easier, etc, most people want to drive. not everyone wants to ride, keeping the car is good condition is a better idea.

but again this is a motorcycle forum.. so we love bike right.

i keep both my car and motorcycle inside the garage. find a way. it is possible to do is most standard 2-car garage. it will be tight. but possible

https://youtu.be/FeS3R55LrkU

^ this was posted it before.... check this out

Last edited:
sometimes when at work, I cover it up with a motorcycle cover. I think it was XL size because of my side bags and top case.
At the condo, there is space for motorcycles. Only 2 in the complex so easy to park for me.

We have two rather more expensive cars (BMWs) so they are going to stay in the garage. I have sat out there for hours trying to find a way for them all to fit in, but just can't get it to work.

Im concerned about outside condensation and rust and how do you put a cover on when you just rode it and muffler is hot... I like that cabana thing I'm going to look into that a bit more.

Shed won't work, we have a VERY narrow setback on both sides of our home and homeowner association doesn't allow any outside buildings anyway.

Just looked at that tracmoto video - that definitely has possibilities. Still would have to move a car out to ride the bike, but at least it might fit that way.

I was spoiled before, could ride in and out with cars still in our garage. Having to move a car out, then back in and repeat each time I take the bike out just seems like a lot of hassle.

Last edited:
i know some of you park car outside and motorcycle inside. due to the fact that not both will fit.

now this does not make much sense to me. even tho the NC is worth more money then my car, the car has more utilitarian value then the motorcycle.

if my motorcycle get stolen or damages. insurance will take care of it, and it will drive the car.

the car can achieve most things the motorcycle cannot.

my car gets stolen. i would not be able to do a lot of things. carry 3 people. carry large objects..... etc

think about it. IMO protecting your car over your motorcycle is a wiser idea.

you car can be past on to a family member, sold easier, etc, most people want to drive. not everyone wants to ride, keeping the car is good condition is a better idea.

but again this is a motorcycle forum.. so we love bike right.

i keep both my car and motorcycle inside the garage. find a way. it is possible to do is most standard 2-car garage. it will be tight. but possible

https://youtu.be/FeS3R55LrkU

^ this was posted it before.... check this out

I have passion for motorcycles, not for cars. It's the way I'm wired. The "value" to me, is reflected in how I view my little personal journey through life. I am a motorcyclist, not just some car driving guy, that just happens to own a motorcycle.

Personally, I am baffled by people who ride motorcycles *NOT* because they are gaga about them, but because they have some cold, clinical, utilitarian car-like perspective. *shudder* lol

I bought a car cover for my car. It stays outside during the riding months and the bike is in the garage. During the winter when I don't ride as much, I'll get all three vehicles into my two car garage. I'll back the bike in up against the left side wall where it blocks the door to my backyard. I get it as close to the wall and far back as I can then I can pull my car in. Mind you it's a VERY tight fit, but it's possible. My car and bike are sometimes less than an inch away from each other. So have to be very careful but I have a smaller sports car and it's a manual transmission so I can feather the clutch and get it in there nice and easy.

will the administrators closed this thread.
those so called small garage's are start to p*ss me off now
super-sad.gif

Well we moved, and our new garage is pitifully small. only about 24 feet deep and 16 foot garage door with about 2.5 feet beyond that on each side.

We are parking 2 cars in the garage and I just don't think there is enough room to store the bike inside.

I feel really bad because i don't want to let it sit outside in the rain and sun, and also I feel a bit trashy having a motorcycle sitting outside the side garage door with a cover on it most of the time.

Anyone else in this mess? Anybody else storing a motorcycle in a small two car garage with 2 cars in there?

You have a 2 car garage that is 24 ft deep and you cant park the bike sideways in front of the cars; there is no BMW cars that are 24 feet long.... park the bike width wise as far into the garage and pull the cars in-you would have to back one of the cars out when you wanted to use the bike but that is easy...

super-sad.gif
My garage is 24 ft deep but only 12 ft wide and I park my lawn tractor, C50 Boulevard cruiser, and the Honda nc700 in it, along with a big bicycle (Giant), grinding bench, 2 long metal floor to ceiling cabinets, 2 rolling tool boxes, push lawn mower, and I get too all of them and move all of them in and out without having to move anything else.... My jeep gets parked in the 30x40 barn :)

super-sad.gif

hear, hear! lol :(

Since I moved to the basement suite I now rent, my "garage" choices are: a bike or so's width under a deck with about 4.5 ft of headroom height, or a 3' X 6' patch of lumpy grass, or a lopsided paved walkway along the side of the house...

Mind you, at least it's not out on the street. :eek:

In the summer time my car goes outside, and my bike goes in the garage with plenty of space around it.

In the winter, the bike gets pushed way back right up against the wall and the car parks in front of it.

When hail is in the forecast the bike gets moved back to the wall, and the car goes inside.

I like the bike and the car to both be easy to get out in the summer time... found when I put both in the garage I'd end up taking the car because I had to move it any how to get to the bike... now I take the bike most of the time and the car only when I don't want to ride (tired, distracted, raining, need to carry more than the bike can, etc.)

I agree that the car has a higher value than the bike (both cash and utilitarian) but the bike is a higher flight risk.
Car has a chipped key, an alarm, two layers of security in the doors and then the ignition, and it weighs 3000lbs...
If you want to steal the car there are multiple layers of security... even hauling it off on a truck would require a substantial truck...
Bike has no chip in the key, so breaking the ignition is really all it would take to ride off with the thing... and it wouldn't even take a significant truck to haul it away (a minivan has the weight capacity)

Back