• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New to NC

BikerSteve

Reaction score
Visit site
Name is Steve. Live in Michigan, US. Bought my first NC750x DCT. previous bikes were CTX700 and 2018 Goldwing. The Goldwing was awesome but just too big for commuting and store runs. i love the light nimble feeling and easy handling. just started looking for add ons. thanks for having me.

Hi.

Every time I get near a Goldwing I think I need one. Then I remember that I sold a Concours and Intruder because I got tired of pushing them around the garage.
The Goldwing has reverse. In my case I wouldn’t need to push mine around the garage any more than I would push my car around.

Hi.

Every time I get near a Goldwing I think I need one. Then I remember that I sold a Concours and Intruder because I got tired of pushing them around the garage.
Every time I push my Goldwing around the garage I get 6 friends to help me go forward and one named Reverse to help me back up.

Name is Steve. Live in Michigan, US. Bought my first NC750x DCT. previous bikes were CTX700 and 2018 Goldwing. The Goldwing was awesome but just too big for commuting and store runs. i love the light nimble feeling and easy handling. just started looking for add ons. thanks for having me.
I am new too. I just got rid of my 2005 FJR 1300 because I found that it was just too big for me. Like you, I like the nimbleness of the NC750 and have upgraded the windshield, and added Givi panniers for more long-distance trips. I have ordered the plug so I can use my heated jacket (I live in Minnesota). I may add an engine guard and highway pegs. In two weeks, if the weather looks OK, I may go to the Northwest Angle of Minnesota and camp out for a few days. You have to drive through the Southeast part of Manitoba, Canada to get there.

I am new too. I just got rid of my 2005 FJR 1300 because I found that it was just too big for me. Like you, I like the nimbleness of the NC750 and have upgraded the windshield, and added Givi panniers for more long-distance trips. I have ordered the plug so I can use my heated jacket (I live in Minnesota). I may add an engine guard and highway pegs. In two weeks, if the weather looks OK, I may go to the Northwest Angle of Minnesota and camp out for a few days. You have to drive through the Southeast part of Manitoba, Canada to get there.
That sounds like a trip I need to take. I live in the US and I have been to all 50 states. I have been to all Canadian provinces except Manitoba, so I need to go there next summer and check it off the list.

Welcome Bill. I traded in a 2018 FJR in on my 21 750 DCT for the same reason

I've ridden to all of the lower 48 states and 2 provinces of Canada (and 5 countries in Europe) and I'd love to have the rest of the Canadian Provinces checked off, particularly the western ones, but I'm thinking that's no longer going to happen. Age is now my limiting factor, plus my wife quit touring with me and my cross-country touring bud gave up riding. I guess I could buy a trailer and tow on the longer stretches. Something to think about.

I am pleased to know that there are others out there who have similar experiences to mine. Although I have not had the vast experience of traveling on a motorcycle in Europe ( I am envious), I still enjoy touring on the bike. I do not have a traveling partner, but once a year I try to go to the BMW international rally and I do meet up with some friends from the Virginia area. This coming year the rally is in Oregon and we will probably find some other place to meet.
Ride safe.

Back