• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New tires

I check every week as well. If I skip a week it's because I didn't ride it that week but I check before the next ride. Did you use 42 psi?

PR3's are excellent tyres. I use 36 and 38 front to rear.

I worn my PR3 out in about 10,000 miles... I would ride them a little longer but I have a nail in my tires since it was quite new and better not take the risk any longer so I swape both front and back out... My machanic make a mistake and order the Power 3 for me... Oh well... That's what I am using currently... wonder how long it will last...

I wish. I just came in from measuring my PR3 tread depth at 4/32" which is a bit more than 50% gone at 4,600 miles. I'll be lucky to get 9,000 miles.

I'm with you 6800 on my PR3s. With looking at them I'll be lucky to get 9k. My next set will be PR2s (assuming they are still around). I've run several sets of the 2s and they are a little cheaper. I can't tell the difference in wet handling between the 2s and the 3s

What pressures are you guys running that have burned up PR3s in ~10k miles?

10K is nothing to sneeze at, but I would expect more on this bike. I've got right at 6k on mine, and they have a ton of life left, but I'm pretty gentle on tires and tend to run higher pressure than most (39/45 usually).

trey

Found a website called pete's super bike that has the back stock tire for $150 but thinking of switching to Mich. However my front tire is brand new and I don't think its a good idea to mix brands so i'll have to buy two new tires. The mich back tire is listed at 170, so not much difference.

Back