• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New NC700X owner from Arkansas

brett2634

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys, It's good to be here. I put a deposit on a 2014 red NC700x and will be picking it up as soon as it's delivered to the dealer in the next few days. I purchased and started riding a CBR 250R last year and had been looking to upgrade for the last several months. I'm 6'4" and wanted something more comfortable and more powerful. After researching I had decided on either the NC700X or the Kawasaki Versys. It looked like I would need another year before I could upgrade but then I found 2014 red model for less than $5K so now I'll be able to enjoy a few months this year on a bigger bike.

Other than the short shifting, is there anything else you would recommend/caution/advise a new 700X owner?

Thanks and looking forward to my time here.

Brett

Hey guys, It's good to be here. I put a deposit on a 2014 red NC700x and will be picking it up as soon as it's delivered to the dealer in the next few days. I purchased and started riding a CBR 250R last year and had been looking to upgrade for the last several months. I'm 6'4" and wanted something more comfortable and more powerful. After researching I had decided on either the NC700X or the Kawasaki Versys. It looked like I would need another year before I could upgrade but then I found 2014 red model for less than $5K so now I'll be able to enjoy a few months this year on a bigger bike.

Other than the short shifting, is there anything else you would recommend/caution/advise a new 700X owner?

Thanks and looking forward to my time here.

Brett

Welcome from Missouri! First off, I recommend discovering your own opinions of this great bike. There are tons of posts on here about setting it up for specific situations, including for tall riders. i'm 6'3" and used this forum for ideas...there are some really good folks on here that have lots of good, solid, proven information. Ride and learn what's best for you.

Thanks, Banjoferg. I'm looking forward to getting to know a new bike.

Quick question (I haven't found the answer using the search feature): I'm guessing that the first service falls at 600 miles, but does Honda call for a valve adjustment at this first service? I just had to do this on the CBR 250 and am not looking forward to paying again on the NC700.

Thanks, Banjoferg. I'm looking forward to getting to know a new bike.

Quick question (I haven't found the answer using the search feature): I'm guessing that the first service falls at 600 miles, but does Honda call for a valve adjustment at this first service? I just had to do this on the CBR 250 and am not looking forward to paying again on the NC700.

Welcome to the family, Brett!

No, there is no valve check for the NC's first service, just an oil, filter change and general once over for the usual suspects like proper working order, general fastener checking, etc. (so they claim with anything above and beyond the oil and filter, YMMV with your dealer if they *really* do any other looking, as in: writing down on the invoice that they did, while eating lunch, lol)

Welcome to the family, you will love this bike :)
From my own experience, I strongly recommend installing frame sliders or crash bars before heading out for the first time. (you can buy them ahead and the dealer should be more than happy to install them for you) I just scratched my brand new 2013 NC700S last Sunday due to new tires being slippery and will need 200$ to fix some of the damage - learn from my mistake so even if a small slide happens, you won't have your bike damaged (check pictures here as a warning :) ). I admit that was my first ride on my first bike, but it happened to much more experienced riders as well (L.B.S. had the same adventure straight out of the dealership!) so it's better to be safe than sorry.

Other than that, hope you get your brand new bike quick and can enjoy the experience. Ride safe!

Last edited:
Another welcome from Missouri. I'm assuming the CBR has the same horn/blinker switch. That was a tough one for me.
(I still honk when approaching a turn once in a while) The rest was just getting to know the bike.

That about as far as you can go and still call it West Arkansas. I've been through the Acorn and Mena area. I live in Cabot so it is a couple hour drive from my house. Beautiful area though. I usually don't get much past Hwy 7. My kids like the Iron Springs picnic area.

Congrats on the bike. Have fun making it your own.

Welcome! I'm in Nebraska but usually take a motorcycle trip down into AR once or twice a year. I'm thinking about going to the Bikes, Blues & BBQ rally in September.

Like you I also own a CBR250. I find a lot of people own or have owned both of these bikes, they are very different yet very similar. :)

Welcome! Did a Dual Sport ride on my NC last month out of Queen Wihlemina. After you ride it a bit, at 6'4, there some mods you may want to do to adjust the ergonomics to fit you better. Seat slope mod, lowering pegs, handlebar risers.

And a WELCOME! from the Pacific Northwest. I have almost 4k miles on my NC and I am loving it! Mostly commuting and averaging 73 mpg.

Hope you like yours as much.
>Thom

Welcome from NW Louisiana. Glad to have another Arkansas rider!
There's a lot of good 'ol boy Arkansas NC riders right here on this forum.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! Really good to see other AR NC700 riders here as well. I'd love to meet up someday and go for a ride. I've been on pins and needles today waiting for the dealership to call and let me know when my bike will be on the lot for me to pick it up. I'm going to trailer it back (about 3 hrs) then start commuting on it. I've also signed up for a group ride in August that I'll be riding hopefully. Now I just need to figure out what to do with a CBR 250 (assuming my wife tells me I can't have two bikes).

Welcome from Bentonville. I've ridden all over the U.S. and Arkansas ranks up there with the best. Shoot me a PM if you're ever going to be up this way and we can meet up.

Welcome to the NC700 community, I am sure you will enjoy the bike and setting it up to your needs and taste as all of us have done.

Back