• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New member welcome thread..

Hey guys, my name is Steven. I'm a born and raised San Diegan. I got my NC (Abigail) back in Feb with 0's on the clock, and just ticked over 6k. Right now she is my daily, and I've loved every minuet on the road with her. This is my second bike, my first being an old, beat up TDM850. That bike gave up the ghost and I went to my local dealer to replace it. I had planned on getting an FZ8, but the salesman talked me into the NC and boy was he right. I've got big plans for her, and I think that joining this community will be a good starting point.

Congrats on the bike and welcome to the forum. I'm sure this site will give you all kinds of idea when it comes to upgrades.

Well, a deep subject here, Welcome from deep in the heart of Texas! Just got back from California, where I got to meet a number of the folks on this forum from California. So, I know you have some great folks to ride with, out there in California!

Hey guys, my name is Steven. I'm a born and raised San Diegan. I got my NC (Abigail) back in Feb with 0's on the clock, and just ticked over 6k. Right now she is my daily, and I've loved every minuet on the road with her. This is my second bike, my first being an old, beat up TDM850. That bike gave up the ghost and I went to my local dealer to replace it. I had planned on getting an FZ8, but the salesman talked me into the NC and boy was he right. I've got big plans for her, and I think that joining this community will be a good starting point.

Welcome aboard!!! You are in great company here. Abigail and yourself will be greatly welcomed. Greetings from SoCal, the San Fernando Valley that is.

Say "Hello" to NaNCy... She's very well outfitted... :)

Attachments

• IMG_3498.jpg
    IMG_3498.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_3501.jpg
    IMG_3501.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_3499.jpg
    IMG_3499.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 88
Just got back from California, where I got to meet a number of the folks on this forum from California. So, I know you have some great folks to ride with, out there in California!

OCR which part of Cali did you go to? Did you bring Nana Cho while you were out this way? I would've like the chance to ride with you on some of our world famious roadways out this way. Have you ever CA-2, known as HWY 2 to use locals?

This is my second bike, my first being an old, beat up TDM850.

That bike was well ahead of it's time, IMHO

It never sold overly well here in N.A. as far as I know, but that was the very bike that planted the seed for me to have such a fondness for my NCX and it's overall design.

I couldn't afford a TDM back in the day when they came out, as I already had too many expensive bikes and not enough time or money to ride them all as it was, haha. :eek:

Medium displacement liquid cooled parallel twin with a 270* crank, laid forward cylinder block, wide, upright bars, taller, with a bit more suspension travel and ground clearance than a streetbike, chain drive, wet weight of approx. 485 lbs.

Granted, with a shorter stroke 5 valve/per cyl genesis head, the motor was was a bit more sportbike than econobike, but still, I can squint and see a few nifty similarities in common with the NCX. :D

Yamaha%20TDM850%2092%20%203.jpg

That bike was well ahead of it's time, IMHO

It never sold overly well here in N.A. as far as I know, but that was the very bike that planted the seed for me to have such a fondness for my NCX and it's overall design.

I couldn't afford a TDM back in the day when they came out, as I already had too many expensive bikes and not enough time or money to ride them all as it was, haha. :eek:

Medium displacement liquid cooled parallel twin with a 270* crank, laid forward cylinder block, wide, upright bars, taller, with a bit more suspension travel and ground clearance than a streetbike, chain drive, wet weight of approx. 485 lbs.

Granted, with a shorter stroke 5 valve/per cyl genesis head, the motor was was a bit more sportbike than econobike, but still, I can squint and see a few nifty similarities in common with the NCX. :D

View attachment 20590
It most certainly was. I have limited knowledge of the bike, but from what I understand, it was only imported to the states for 2 years. And if I'm not mistaken, it planted the seed for the super tenera in foreign markets.

The similarities between the tdm and the NC were definitely a major selling point for me. It was certainly a much sportier bike, but the riding position and handling were almost the same. The height of the bikes is a plus for me because I'm 6'7". When I got the tdm, I was glad I could find something that was a little beat up that was still tall enough for me and powerful enough to maneuver easily in socal traffic. I loved that bike, but the previous owners had not taken very good care of it.

718a10ab9322e2c57f711c7a5f16e509.jpg

This was a trip up to julian with a buddy of mine on a KLR.

Hi all, my name is Tapani and I'm a wannabe DTC-NCX-aholic from Finland.

Tapani

Ok, not a wannabe anymore, but a newbie :D

Closed the deal on a 2013 DCT with 46 ( ! ) km on the clock. Rear box, center stand and a Rukka Goretex jacket + pants - which still had the price stickers on them.

All this for 65% of the 2014 list price.

Just rode it home - 160 km. Getting chilly, 7 to 10 degrees C.

Feels good.

Tapani

Attachments

• My NC700X.jpg
    My NC700X.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 195

Welcome to you and Abigail.

Welcome aboard!!! You are in great company here. Abigail and yourself will be greatly welcomed. Greetings from SoCal, the San Fernando Valley that is.

Say "Hello" to NaNCy... She's very well outfitted... :)

I'll have to take some centerfold shots of my bike and post them here as well. My bike doesn't have a name yet.

Edit:- Please don't get me wrong, I love seeing pictures of your NanCy. I'm sure my pupils dilate with pleasure every time I see an NCX.

Last edited:
Second try:

Hello everyone! My name is Miguel. I just purchased a '14 NC700X two weeks ago today. I bought this bike because I have been commuting from my small town of Gonzales to the other small town of Freedom in California. That's an 82 mile round trip and my feet and neck would sometimes feel a little too tired after working graveyard and jumping on to the CBR. I've already put over a thousand miles on the NC and I'm enjoying the bike so far.

I'm not a very experienced rider having just started riding just over two years ago but I've had some good bikes so far and I've ridden a lot of miles. My first bike was an '85 Honda Rebel, which I sold sadly.

The second bike I bought was a lovely '13 Triumph Street Triple. Pretty much perfect but let's just say I made it out of that one nearly unscathed.

Then an '08 CBR600RR. Great power and fun I even get good mileage on this thing. Not built for comfort.

I don't have a picture of my NC yet but I suspect many of you know what it looks like. I Look forward to being part of this community learning, sharing and contributing.

hello everyone,

I'm a wannabe who hopes to ride a NC750X in December (I'm just beginning the search for a new red model and I'm not sure of the delay).

After a week of testing a NC700DCT last year, I was very Enthusiasm by the engine and the automatic transmission. Today my old Revere with 146,000 miles and 25 years began to be tired and it's time to retire. (engine full origine never open, thanks Honda!)

I use it every day to go to work except when it snows, where I use a 1985 XLR600 with off road tires.

I am living in Versailles in France, close to the palace (unfortunately not in! :D )

Having just read some thread as a guest, I've found already plenty of ideas for accessories and advices, thank you all for that!

PM

Hello... from Florida.

I'm a new member today. Got a new 2014 NC700X complete with auto-random-resetting trip meters. I love the bike and use it for work.

Been reading the forum for a couple months but haven't joined until now. Good to see so many NC riders in Florida.

Vnc.

Back