• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New member welcome thread..

Hi guys ! Hello from Mallorca, Spain. A looooong time biker, and after 12 years of saying goodbye to a BMW R 100 R ( snif, darling ), I've since then used a scooter and a Montesa Cota for fun. For next year I'll make me a present, a new bike, and Nc's are no top of the wish list. I hope to learn a lot about them here. Thanks !

Enviado

Welcome Motebike. Hope you find the information you're looking for. Of course, most of are a bit biased towards the NC.

Hey everyone. I just bought a used 2012 NC700 earlier today . It replaced a Piaggio MP3 400 that was destroyed in a gas station fire. I really enjoyed the oddness of the MP3 but being 3 hours from the nearest dealer and Piaggio's legendarily bad parts support I decided for my second bike to go in a different direction. This forum has already been a great resource in helping me figure out that the NC is the right bike for my commuting needs.

Ignore the ratty old Civic, my car (Focus ST) doesn't have a hitch yet so a co-worker of mine was great enough to go on a 3 hour road trip with me.

I don't own a NC yet, but I have plans. Came in to the forum to learn about the Motorcycle and to plan for the farkeling.

Hi all. Greetings from Augusta, GA where I can ride year round. Just got a 2013 Honda NC700X at the end of August and rode it from Chattanooga, TN to Augusta. ;). Great bike.

Bike1.jpg

Welcome from Cali. Got a sister who lives out in Alpharetta with her husband and daughter. Spent a few months in Ft. Gordon back in '02 for training. Frequented the local Hooter's while I was there quite a bit.

Hey everyone. I just bought a used 2012 NC700 earlier today . It replaced a Piaggio MP3 400 that was destroyed in a gas station fire. I really enjoyed the oddness of the MP3 but being 3 hours from the nearest dealer and Piaggio's legendarily bad parts support I decided for my second bike to go in a different direction. This forum has already been a great resource in helping me figure out that the NC is the right bike for my commuting needs.

Ignore the ratty old Civic, my car (Focus ST) doesn't have a hitch yet so a co-worker of mine was great enough to go on a 3 hour road trip with me.

Hi all. Greetings from Augusta, GA where I can ride year round. Just got a 2013 Honda NC700X at the end of August and rode it from Chattanooga, TN to Augusta. ;). Great bike.

View attachment 20321

CONGRATS to these new owners!!! Greetings from SoCal, where can ride over 330 days out of the year or more... :eek:

Say "Hello" to NaNCy...

Attachments

• IMG_3498.jpg
    IMG_3498.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_3499.jpg
    IMG_3499.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_3501.jpg
    IMG_3501.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 147

View attachment 20321
Congrats from hotel downtown Augusta. You will find lots of friends and help here and since I stayed at Holiday Inn Express in Augusta last night I am overflowing with knowledge.

Welcome to both of you and congrats on your new bike.

Hello all! I live in Santa Barbara, CA and just bought a 2012 NC700X last week up in Seattle, WA. Found it on Craigslist and got a pretty good deal on it....had quite a few accessories already and only 3200 miles. Drove that thing all the way home down the 101 and loved every minute of it, although the seat complaints definitely rang true. Luckily, I've got a fat ***. Anyways, just wanted to do a newbie post on the forum and thank everyone for all the information in all the other posts. I've really used this forum a lot in my preparation to buy the bike and whilst shopping around. I'm sure I'll continue to do so with maintenance, add-ons, etc.
Roll on highway!
big ride.jpg

Welcome BLR1979. This forum also helped me in my decision to buy an NC700X.

Lots of good people in here, and now, you're one of them!

Hello all! I live in Santa Barbara, CA and just bought a 2012 NC700X last week up in Seattle, WA.

CONGRATS on the bike, you are in good company here... :eek:

Greetings from thje San Fernando Valley!!! :)

Say "Hello" to NaNCy...

Attachments

• IMG_3498.jpg
    IMG_3498.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_3501.jpg
    IMG_3501.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_3499.jpg
    IMG_3499.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 83
I'm Drew. I'm a diverse individual with a strong inclination toward mechanical things. After 12 years in the USMC I'm now in school to be a diesel mechanic because I know I couldn't support my family wrenching on bikes. The more I ride the NC700 the more I love it.

Hi all, my name is Tapani and I'm a wannabe DTC-NCX-aholic from Finland.

I've ridden bikes for 37 years straight - anything from CB125 and CB450 to PE175 to R100RS to VFR, Scrambler and whatnot. My twin sons will be 16 next year so we just picked up a Duke 125 and a Varadero 125 for them. I've ridden both for hundreds of miles during the last month :). Fall is a good season for bike hunting.

I hurt myself pretty decently in 1999 and since then I've been forced to shift gears up by lifting my whole leg - not very comfy :). Even the trusty old VFR feels too tight for me. That is my current personal ride - the original 1986 I bought while living the San Antonio, TX. I've kept it all these years - 42k miles on it !

Anyway - for some reason I have totally missed the whole NC line and the DTC transmission - the Crosstourer is not really for me - too big and heavy.

So, today I noticed there are a few unregistered 2013 NC700X DTCs available for immediate delivery. Just sent out a request for quote, let's see if the dealers are serious or not.

I would really like the 750cc version, but..... we'll see.

Thanks for a super forum !

Kind regards,

Tapani

Back