• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New member welcome thread..

I just picked up my NC700X last evening, and went for my first longish ride (105 miles) today. Coming from a 2000 CBR600F4, I found the NC capable, but not exciting. I'm getting older (58) and talked myself into a more practical bike. I originally selected a FZ09, but then read about (and sat on )the hard seat. I found the NC seat no better on a long ride. New seat in the cards. I also ordered the center stand kit since this bike is taller and leans farther, taking up more precious space in my cramped garage. Initial ride impressions? I think I'll hold judgement until I break in both the bike and a new seat. But, I do remember my first thought a few seconds after I pulled away from the dealership and stopped at a red light - "Does this think have a rod knock, or does it always sound like that?" Also, I expected the engine to be smoother, but it really does vibrate a lot. Is this normal? I've got a LOT of reading to do before I start bolting on accessories - windshield, handlebars?, exhaust? Welcome to new bike ownership!

Hello from Huntington Beach, CA
My name is Zane. I have been watching this bike since it first came out and plan on buying one within a year. My current ride is a 2006 FJR1300AE 27K mi, previous 2003 Honda silver wing 24K mi(sold).The FJR is an awesome ride and I plan on keeping it and try having two bikes for a while. I love the dual clutch and think(Hope) it will continue to grow in popularity. If the NCX was shaft drive I would like it even more. Almost pulled the trigger a couple of times but I am trying to pay cash. If one pops up for sale used with a certain amount of mods I would love to steal... er...um offer to take it off their hands! Plan on molding it into more of a dual sport for dirt & fire roads, camping and fishing. I ride the FJR for my daily commute but the NCX would likely become my daily ride. Look forward to learning and sharing and soon-owning!

Hello from Sunnyvale, CA.
My name is Stan. I came from Russia one year ago. I have been riding since 2008. My first bike was Honda AX-1 (250ccm soft-enduro).
I'm currently saving up for a new 2014 NC700X.
Hope will buy it really soon

Hello,

New 2014 NC700X DCT ABS owner here. Picked it up 2 nights back.
Normal commute is 80 miles/day; Ride all year (except ice/snow, not often) here in the Pacific Northwest Seattle area.

getting Honda accessories next week:
08V71-MGS-A30 12V Accessory Socket
08M70-MGS-A30 Center stand
08R70-MGS-A30 Fairing Air Deflector
08T71-MGS-A30 Heated Grips
08T70-MJL-D30 Heated Grips Attachment Kit
08R71-MGS-A50 Lower Wind Deflector (DCT)
08A70-MGS-D30 Relay Kit
08A70-MJL-D30 Sub Harness

Ordered Madstad windshield 20" Clear
Givi E55 topcase

I have close to half a million bike miles under my belt. The last 10 years has been on Yamaha FJR1300's. I did purchase a Piaggio MP3 500 last November, but then learnt about this bike. I mainly purchased the Piaggio for MPG's. It's a great scooter, but this bike shows even better MPGs, as noted in the link:

Browse All Motorcycles | Fuelly

This bike feels much more to me like a dirt bike, being taller/skinnier/high center of gravity. Won't take too long for me to get used to.

If I had a choice, I would prefer the storage area to be gas tank space. I like filling up less. ;)

Happy to find a Forum just for our model bike.

Still planning on purchasing a CTX700 or an NM4 for 2015. seems like Honda is using the same engine for at least these 3 bikes.
Tim

Hello from New Brunswick in eastern Canada.
I'm originally from the UK but have been living Canside since 2001. In 2010 I decided to take up motorcycling after being inspired by a safety course taking place in the area. I took the course, passed my test and have been riding a Honda Rebel 250 since then. Just this month I bought an NC700SA. Love the looks and the power (yes, it's more powerful than the Rebel!) I'm a bit disappointed with the suspension on poor road surfaces though so, unless I eventually get used to it, I will be making a modification to that.

I guess I should have done this a while ago, but anyway:

My name is Louis. I spent the first 29 years of my life in Indianapolis, IN. I have lived in Dallas, TX for about 3 years now. I bought my NC700x down here in OCT 2013. In that time I have done quite a few mods. You can find them in the threads I've started in my Member Profile.

I have a B.S. in Aeronautical Engineering from Purdue University. I work nightshift as a Structural Engineer for a large domestic airline (guess which one. There is only one headquartered in Dallas. Two if you count the whole DFW metroplex). I live about 4 miles from work and ride the NC almost every day. I have to make special arrangements to take rare longer trips on my days off, due to having a 3 year old and 1 month old at home.

My first bike was a 1969 Honda CB350. I got a matching pair of basket cases for $600 and made one running bike out of the mess.

bike1.jpg

I picked up a '67 CL175 at some point, which I gave to a friend in IN when I left. I had a 1981 Yamaha Virago 750 for a few years. I spent a long time fiddling with the carbs (syncing, rejetting). I finally got them right where I wanted them, and was promptly rear ended on the interstate, totaling the bike.

virago1.jpg

I had a 1979 Honda GL1000 that I bought as a basket case, so I had about 2 years off of riding while I got it back together. Once I got it running, I discovered that I was not really that comfortable on the bike. The large, horizontal cylinder heads don't allow for a long-legged person to stretch out much. I sold it and bought the NC700.

20131022_114445 (1280x936).jpg

This is my first modern bike (electronics, fuel injection, etc.) It is also the my favorite all around bike so far. It is capable of doing everything I need it to do. It was comfortable for me when new, and even more so now with my mods (pegs, seat, bar riser).

I've also put a 2 stroke engine kit on a bicycle and had it up to about 37 mph. Bicycle wheels and tires are NOT meant to go that fast.

gasbike.jpg

Aaron From San Diego. Active Duty Navy. Mostly ride for commute. No DCT model here. just the basic shifter. Would eventually like to ready the NC for "Urban Adventure" Status (ie: metal side cases, lights). You know, road trip ready. Maybe fire road ready too. Anyway, love the bike as I'm sure many here do. It won't win any street races, but it'll get up an move when you need it to. 4-5k RPM periodically lets some of its inner beast out, but I'm a little fearful of letting it out too much. It is fun to hear it get throaty when opening it up though.

See you around the Forums!

Aaron

I'll go ahead and make my intro...

Matt from Southern Indiana. Mainly in to get this beast commuter-ready (heated grips, phone/gps charger, that sort of thing) after seeing a few threads with the tops off, I think I'll most likely be needing some help.

Thanks in advance to everyone. This seems like a really great site.

I'll go ahead and make my intro...

Matt from Southern Indiana. Mainly in to get this beast commuter-ready (heated grips, phone/gps charger, that sort of thing) after seeing a few threads with the tops off, I think I'll most likely be needing some help.

Thanks in advance to everyone. This seems like a really great site.

Welcome to the forum. Those are some of the most common add-ons so you'll have no trouble getting help with those. You'll spend more time reading opinions on what brand is best than installing them. LOL. Lots of choices out there.

^ No kidding. It's also like every other forum.

"I'm here to research X and maybe Y. Holy crapp, check out A! WTF, B?! I think I'll check Amazon for C."

That's about how it's going ATM. lol

(I'm debating between having the dealer install a 12v in the frunk while they are installing the heated grips as part of our agreement... or just running one of those SAE-USB adapters and calling it good. Maybe even both. I just know that I do NOT want to take that cover off myself if I don't have to!)

I have a 12V on my handlebars and one in the frunk. Have never affected the battery in 2 years and 40,000 of traveling.

power.jpg

Also, using electric clothing in winter months.

Coax Plug Cable.jpg

Hi,
I live in Sydney Australia and have just bought an NC750SA. Loving it already after only 500kms. Ride it every day to work and on weekends when it isn't raining. Have been riding for many years but this is my first new bike. Originally from NZ, lived in Ireland for 8 years and now living in Oz 12 years. Hoping to meet up with other NC owners.

Back