• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New from Tucson, Az

ogresham8

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all! I bought a new to me 2014 NC700X manual from a buddy of mine who was neglecting his NC. Has only 2200 miles!! Most of my riding experience has been 1000cc Crotch rockets(Aprilia, BMW, Yamaha) and dirtbikes. I was intrigued by this commuter. Boy was i happy to discover that i love my new ride. I work in Miami, AZ and live in Tucson. I commute 5-7 times a week which is about 500-700 miles depending on the week. That's a lot of miles For my cage (diesel truck) and my wallet. SO naturally i used it as an excuse to buy this NC. The MPG is just the tip of the iceburg for me. My most recent purchase before my NC was a 2015 BMW s1000rr. My riding style was based on that as i never really ever got off of my BMW for longer than enough time to fill up my gas tank. I also own a yamaha xt225 that i love, but wish it had a little more, well, GO. Now, i don't think i will ever get off my NC. Long distance Seems like it is going to be a breeze making my work commute a blast. I have two ways i can commute to work and i believe i will start taking the canyon route. I am excited to start my build. Started with a blank palette. :)

IMG_0859.jpg Sunday Night install. Got some Givi hand guards, Givi E340 trunk, and all accommodating hardware. Got it all installed. Ordered a mmotoracks engine guard/crash guard 8/14/17. The wait begins for its long journey to be complete. I am planning to install some LED pencil beams up front to accommodate my Newly installed LED headlamp. Leaving for work at 3am makes for quite the dark commute through the mountains.

Welcome! The seat is a pain like any other motorcycles! Have a red 2014 just like yours!

d214963a52759a01cbd22edecce643e3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome! The seat is a pain like any other motorcycles! Have a red 2014 just like yours!

d214963a52759a01cbd22edecce643e3.jpg

I love the look! From the looks of your lights up front, i have the same ordered. Mine are just amazon Specials, but im trying to figure out how to mount them. May end up just waiting until my Engine guard comes in and mount on the tubes.

I love the look! From the looks of your lights up front, i have the same ordered. Mine are just amazon Specials, but im trying to figure out how to mount them. May end up just waiting until my Engine guard comes in and mount on the tubes.

I sucked it up and paid $40 for the Denali LED light mount which gives it a clean look. Hate paying that much for a simple piece of metal but oh well. My lights were ebay specials, $20!!

Denali? I'll look into it. I think i paid $24 for my lights. Not bad if they do their job ;) Maybe in the next month or two i will be looking for new rubber. How are you liking the shinkos? Im fully expecting to get poured on during my commute. My trunk will have rain gear in it 98% of the time. The other 2% it will be on while im riding :D

Here are the link to the mounts.

Denali Auxiliary Light Mount Honda NC700X 2012-2015 - RevZilla

There was a piece that I had to cut but it was easy.
I love the look of Triumph 800xc auxiliary lights so I found some cheap lookalikes and they work really well. I used the subharness to mount my accessories. I commute on my bike year round but I don't ride in the rain which isn't a problem cause it just doesn't rain that much here in so cal.

I love the shinkos!! The price and the look!! I took the front fenders off cause they rub and I do have the hardware to extend them but just like the look without it and the tires. I also like how they feel and definitely can feel a difference of increased height. Can't beat the price either and will be my next set as well. Just hope they last a while.

Off the topic, you have one last meal (lunch) in Tucson, where do you go? Gonna be there for a day for work in two weeks.

Off the topic, you have one last meal (lunch) in Tucson, where do you go? Gonna be there for a day for work in two weeks.

You know, it depends on the day and what you're in the mood for. If i had to choose, I would say Mi Nidito. Its an old place and i have been going since i was very small. Sometimes there is a wait but it is worth it if you like mexican food. Another factor, I suppose, is how far away from where you're going to be Working.

Welcome ogresham8! Nice looking bike & I am sure you will love it. Ride safe.

Pikester

Hello Pikester! I already love it and i have not put on 200 miles yet! How is riding out there in New Mexico? I have always wanted to travel the i40 to i25 and ride up through Colorado (In the right weather of course) May be a trip i plan next spring/ early summer.

I really enjoy the Northern part of the state. Just NW of Albuquerque is the Jemez National Forest and the ride through there up to Los Alamos is great. Curvy road, but the scenery is excellent. Santa Fe & Taos also have some great scenery.

I took my stock NC up Mt. Lemmon and back down the fire road to Oracle. Your tires look better suited for the ride but I would recommend it for an afternoon. I'll be back in the area this winter and interested in any good rides you can recommend.

I took my stock NC up Mt. Lemmon and back down the fire road to Oracle. Your tires look better suited for the ride but I would recommend it for an afternoon. I'll be back in the area this winter and interested in any good rides you can recommend.
The ride to the Kitt peak observatory is a good ride. Its kinda boring(Flat) headed there but the ride up the mountain is fun. If youre a telescope nerd (Like i am) its a cool place to visit during business hours and they have evening sessions too but i have never participated. Kitt Peak Star Run | Arizona Motorcycle Rides and Motorcycle Roads

View attachment 34475
Up north in the coolness..

Awesome. Nice ride. I am planning a trip up to Flag at the end of September. Ball and chain willing, we will be on the bike. If she is comfortable enough. If not i am going to trailer it there with the side by side for some fun in the webs of dirt roads through the pines. Any particular routes you recommend? We will be staying at my property in elk park meadows. May go for a big loop through payson, Show low, holbrook, and Winslow then come back to flag on the 66. Just depends on what we(she:rolleyes:) decide to do.

Welcome OG, that is a beautiful state to ride in! I spent a few years there in Tucson from 83-91. I lived in Marana and commuted to work in Tucson. Super fast and a nice ride. I had an old NightHawk then. I was going to recommend a nice little roadside Cafe to go to but the last time i went down there for a visit a few years ago the entire area had been leveled and appeared to be paved over. It was the old National Truck Stop Cafe, right there off of I-10 and the Ruthrauff(sp) exit....all gone now! Great little place to eat...uhm, well it was when i was there.
Enjoy the Ride! :{)

Last edited:
Back