• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Nc750 ??

Here are the features I'm looking for on my NC750-OF or NC1000-OF... (OF stands for Old Fart model)

1. Bike lowers itself 2" when stopped. (So I can get on/off easier and flatfoot.)
2. Keyless remote with function to start the bike (if in neutral, of course. Maybe more practical for DCT version), unlock-open/lock frunk, unlock/lock panniers and topcase.
3. Factory adjustable windshield (electric or otherwise).
4. Self-cancelling turn signals.
# # #

Sorry, but I nor my dealer believe this. The new CTX models are 2014 models and they are ALL sharing the same exact platform. My dealer bets me a new bike at cost if the NC is replaced. I don't trust rumors or a "source" such as this. Development wise, all the new bikes including the 500's were designed at about the same time for synergistic effect. This same exact thing happened to Suzuki with their update on the 2012 Vstrom model. A number of "sources" said a brand new killer dual sport bike was to released in the coming months, and ALL the rumors and web articles were 100% wrong. And there were a lot of them and a lot of unhappy people who were waiting. You guys are being duped by one unsubstantiated rumor by an unverified anonymous source. I'll stick with logic and known facts.

Last edited:
I'm not being "duped", as I neither believe nor disbelieve it....I have the bike I'm going to be riding for the next several years and what changes Honda does or does not make to subsequent models won't change that.

Anyway, the forum's Internet license would be pulled if we failed to maintain a certain minimum level of empty speculation.

ALL the rumors and web articles were 100% wrong. And there were a lot of them and a lot of unhappy people who were waiting.

Gee, when you add up all the people who were unhappy they waited on a model that didn't arrive to the number of people who are unhappy because the didn't wait for the bigger better model, then you might surmise that nobody is happy! Is this the brave new world we live in?

Lord, I hope the iPhone 5s comes out on time or it could be pandemonium.

unhappy-cat.jpg

Here are the features I'm looking for on my NC750-OF or NC1000-OF... (OF stands for Old Fart model)

1. Bike lowers itself 2" when stopped. (So I can get on/off easier and flatfoot.)
2. Keyless remote with function to start the bike (if in neutral, of course. Maybe more practical for DCT version), unlock-open/lock frunk, unlock/lock panniers and topcase.
3. Factory adjustable windshield (electric or otherwise).
4. Self-cancelling turn signals.
# # #

You just added $2000-3000 minimum to the price of the bike.
4. Self-canceling turn signals-going to need sensors and the wiring and the computer power to handle it
3. This would be the easiest and probably cheapest of the mods-I am sure one of the great tinkers on here could develop one of these
2. Keyless remote-more sensors, more wiring, more computer power
1. Probably the most expensive: auto adjusting shocks, auto adjusting springs, auto-adjusting kick stand, programmable computer needed for height adjustments.

1. Probably the most expensive: auto adjusting shocks, auto adjusting springs, auto-adjusting kick stand, programmable computer needed for height adjustments.

I think it is an interesting idea and not as difficult or expensive as you propose. The shocks and springs to not have to adjust, just a length lever on the mounts. It could be accomplished by lowering only the rear. The stand would not need to adjust as it would always park at the lower height. Height adjustments were not mentioned - just ride and stop.

Camels and city buses can do it and I don't think they have programmable computers.

I remember self-canceling turn signals from the early 1980s. I don't remember the bikes requiring any computer power to run them.

I'd like self cancelling turn signals too...just put them on a two minute timer...done...

I think it is an interesting idea and not as difficult or expensive as you propose. The shocks and springs to not have to adjust, just a length lever on the mounts. It could be accomplished by lowering only the rear. The stand would not need to adjust as it would always park at the lower height. Height adjustments were not mentioned - just ride and stop.

Camels and city buses can do it and I don't think they have programmable computers.

Don't the Piaggios straighten up their tandem wheels when stopped? Not sure how that works but seems like this would be simpler. Could be like an air shock that deflates based on speed. Maybe even be an aftermarket item.

Don't the Piaggios straighten up their tandem wheels when stopped? Not sure how that works but seems like this would be simpler. Could be like an air shock that deflates based on speed. Maybe even be an aftermarket item.
The Piaggio MP3 locked the wheels so you didn't have to put your foot down to hold the bike up when stopped. I rented one once just to tour the hills around Las Vegas. Took some adjustment to get used to it.

The "rumours" could be true.
IN order to entice current owners to trade up, motorcycle / camera / computers / smartphone / TV (list goes on) manufacturers will tweak and increase their product lines every say 2 years or 3.
In this way, they can extend their "market share".

For me, I just buy the latest or latest-1 version which I can afford and use it all I want.
No use waiting....those who wait...wait forever.
:p
Be happy with what you have now, and not what you are "gonna have".

The Piaggio MP3 locked the wheels so you didn't have to put your foot down to hold the bike up when stopped. I rented one once just to tour the hills around Las Vegas. Took some adjustment to get used to it.
The MP3 will lock its wheels in whatever position you activate the lock in. It doesn't self correct or adjust the height. It's a parking feature. I facepalm everytime I hear that some one dropped one because they were trying to show off at a stoplight by not using their feet and misjudge the speed the it will lock at.

I don't buy the 750 story... and don't think I'll care if it does turn out true.

I remember self-canceling turn signals from the early 1980s. I don't remember the bikes requiring any computer power to run them.

Yup, My 1981 Yamaha RD350LC had self cancelling signals. The module was the size of a tic tac box, and the bike had no computer.

750, why not 800, why not 900 heck why not an 1800 it would get 30 mpg.... when are people going to realize bigger isn't always better?

I get fed up with seeing other countries get the good bikes in this displacement range because the majority of people in the US can't figure out that they don't NEED a massive engine. Honda finally makes a bike for the US that fits that range and here they go wanting to make it bigger.

Look at the bikes that actually get ridden allot of miles... most of them are very well designed and made for a purpose. They aren't made bigger just for the sake of being bigger.

There are big full size touring bikes that are made for people who want to ride in luxury or they need more comfort two up. Then you have the monstrosities that usually have under 10k miles on them when they are 5 years old... lets do the math on that.. how many miles is it actually being ridden per year?

I know you have people that just want the image of riding...the biker image, they get a bike with a 1 gallon tank and ride it to the bar and back home. That's fine if that's what they want. It seems they are more into the image than the ride, but if that's their ting riding 10 miles to a bar and 10 miles back home, that's their choice.

I joined a riding club... called southern cruisers... I really didn't expect them to ride much... didn't think I'd hang with them long. But they surprised me. I showed up on a 1996 Honda VFR Sport touring bike that looks like a crotch rocket (but is a very serious sport touring bike). They welcomed me in to their group even though I stood out like a sore thumb. A bright red crotch rocket looking bike among the Harley's and the shadows, VTX's, Vstars, etc.

I showed up for a Saturday ride.. headed to the mountains. 400 miles later we returned home. They rode to Williamsburg for lunch one weekend.. about 440 miles round trip.
These people love to ride.... they don't care what you ride, but the bikes they ride are made for riding. There are now about 7 or 8 of us riding sport touring type bikes now in the club so we don't stand out like sore thumbs anymore :D The bikes they ride are made for riding... if they aren't they don't keep them long, they trade them in on something made to ride.

I've been encouraged seeing several bikes introduced in the past 5 years in this size range in the US. I hate hearing people say it should be made bigger.... there have always been 1000 cc bikes and 1300cc and 1800cc out there, but this 650-800 size range up until a 4 or 5 years ago was very lacking in the US.

I think the only reason we are finally seeing good distance bikes or dual sport bikes showing up now is due to the high prices of gas. I don't hope for high gas prices, but I do hope the US will finally begin to appreciate this size bike as other countries have always have. I may someday buy a goldwing or something huge like that... I know it will still be around 10 or 20 years from now... I just hope the NC700 type bikes are, because they haven't always been around.

Sorry to get up on soap box... I just feel the threat of losing the little bit of ground we have finally made, in this "Mid sized" bike area and can't help trying to protect it.

smileyredbike.jpg

Last edited:
Back