• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Nc750 ??

Could this be it or is this an S?

IMG_5870-thumb-448x336-597-thumb-448x336-598.jpg

670cc "S".

The UK-based publication running the article may well be referring to the UK and Europe. No mention of which markets the 750 may be headed to, or when. Could be much ado about nothing for us stateside, at least for the time being.

It is a big "so what?" it happens all the time.

In 1977 the BMW R75/6 became the R80/7
In 1998 the VFR750 became the VFR800
The Gold Wing went from a GL1000 in 1975, to a GL1200 in 1984, to a GL1500 in 1988, to a GL1800 in 2001

and on it goes...

BMW R1100, R1150, R1200
KTM 950, 990, 1190

In 2015 you can probably watch the Honda 500 become a 550 just like the CB500 did in 1974. Wowzers!

Give it a couple more years the CB500X will become the CB600X and then the CB700X and the circle of life is complete. By then the CB250 will have gone through the CB350 phase to compete with the Ninja 350 and then next year rounded up to the CB500 exactly where the CB500 was just a while ago.

Same thing happened with the Accord and the Civic. The Civic used to be tiny, CVCC days, and the Accord used to be compact. Then things crept up in size in the 90's the Accord became mid-sized now it's full sized. CVCC was sub compact and became Civic and became a little bigger, 1990s saw it become a full compact. 2000's is where we see the Fit take the place of where the Civic used to be.

How long before the Fit becomes an overbloated land yacht? And what sub compact models will replace it's former subcompact niche? I'm loathe to see what monstrosity the Accord becomes by then.

It is a big "so what?" it happens all the time.

In 1998 the VFR750 became the VFR800

Which was the beginning of the downward spiral of the VFR (IMHO)

I kept my 1996 VFR 750 and still have it and love it. I'll keep my 2012 NC700 and love it as well.

Bigger isn't always better. I bet mileage will decrease with the bigger engine for one.

Honda made a good thing.. I think they should leave it alone

smileyirritated.jpg

You know the more I think about it....Why stop at 750? Why not 850? Is it a different classification that a 750?? I mean, Aprilia had the Mana 850 in a somewhat similar bike.

Why stop at 850? only 50cc more would make it a 900 :)

I am not disappointed. If this really happens, the 750 will cost more and get worse MPG.

Give it a couple more years the CB500X will become the CB600X and then the CB700X and the circle of life is complete. By then the CB250 will have gone through the CB350 phase to compete with the Ninja 350 and then next year rounded up to the CB500 exactly where the CB500 was just a while ago.

Same thing happened with the Accord and the Civic. The Civic used to be tiny, CVCC days, and the Accord used to be compact. Then things crept up in size in the 90's the Accord became mid-sized now it's full sized. CVCC was sub compact and became Civic and became a little bigger, 1990s saw it become a full compact. 2000's is where we see the Fit take the place of where the Civic used to be.

How long before the Fit becomes an overbloated land yacht? And what sub compact models will replace it's former subcompact niche? I'm loathe to see what monstrosity the Accord becomes by then.

One thing I think that's cool about the new accord is that it's smaller than the previous generation for the first time. As an owner of a 92 civic hatchback, I truely do appreciate what Honda can do with smaller vehicles.

I wish they had called it an NC650.

It would sound so much better when we have to say, "It's really a 670".

I will be pissed cos it's going to affect resale value and parts availability, and a lousy way for early adopters like us who believed in Honda's NC platform. Then it's probably wise to wait 5 years before buying something fresh from Honda in future.

I'm not sure if this move is going to affect resale value, at least here at Europe. European riders with the new A-2 licence (the one that limits the power of the bike to 35 kw) will have two buying options for the same or very similar price: a new CB500, or an used NC700. And if they are well advised, they will know the engines are similar in nominated power but very different in the way they deploy it. I mean, a NC700 engine must be more easy for a new rider than a CB500 one.

Just my 0,02 €

I will be pissed cos it's going to affect resale value and parts availability, and a lousy way for early adopters like us who believed in Honda's NC platform. Then it's probably wise to wait 5 years before buying something fresh from Honda in future.

It will not affect parts availability - especially if you are going to flip it quickly enough to worry about resale value. Do you expect to need pistons in the next year or two? Regarding the early adopters, there is never any insulation from change. You pay a bit more and take on some risk by going first. It is that way with any product or service. The pioneer is the guy with the arrow in his chest. The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse get the cheese. All of that. You are either comfortable at the front or you are not. It sounds like you are not. In my view, if you are not the lead horse, the view never changes. With your strategy you would never buy anything because a better, cheaper, faster, prettier one is always just around the corner. Nobody betrayed you. Are you still waiting to buy your first computer? Think what they will be in five years. Better wait.

Life is what happens to you while you are planning the future. Five years from now I will have enjoyed my NC700 for five years and it matters not a whit at my age and station in life whether they build one with 500 hp that gets 200 mpg. It may matter more in yours. This could well be my last new motorcycle. But given the uncertainty of life, it could be yours as well. Would you rather enjoy what it is, or worry about what it is not, or fear that someone else might have a better one?

Beemerphile.....Heavy stuff bro.......but very true...

I have lost my father, my younger brother, and my son. So I have given up any pretense that I am going to be here for any determinable amount of time. All any of us really have is right now. Live like you are dying. Because you are...

[video=youtube;6xSGLZd9Vg4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xSGLZd9Vg4[/video]

I hope the new 750 just a larger bore, and they keep the rest the same. That way spare parts won't be an issue. I haven't had the need for more power than this bike delivers.
If that happens, I might buy a new NC1000X to park beside my 700X.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse get the cheese.
Well said

I just hope they will use same frame and layup
In that case, all accessories will be the same

I don't care about extra 50-70 cc and couple extra HP
most likely it will be almost no difference in riding around the town
I guess, it will be bit easier on the highway

But if it will be based on the same frame, I don't think so we have to worry
How many of us will run that bike, till engine needs replacement?

guys what you've got to remember is that by increase the cc doesn't necessary mean bigger bore or longer stroke,shorter blah blah.
there is plenty of ways that these manufacturers get more power without going through all the expense redesigning the top half etc.
they can increase power just by altering the cam's etc.
anyway I'm sure most of you know that already.
I'm very happy with what I've got now unless honda can improve the mpg with a bigger engine,
to which I very much doubt.
enjoy what you've got NOW tomorrow can take care of itself..
didn't the good lord say eat 'n' drink and be merry for tomorrow we may die.

Back