• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Nc750 ??

Up here in BC, we have a graduated scale for insurance cost with motorcycles, based on cc's. The merits or detractions about this system are neither here nor there, but it could throw a bit of a monkey wrench in the works if an upsized NC platform was off by 1cc over 750 in this neck of the woods.

If, as per manufacturer's curious reasons for choosing displacements, it was an NC750 or under (749cc) I can't really see a mega compelling reason to make the difference, y'know? Would 80cc's or less reeeeally make that much of an improvement? Maybe. Personally I don't think I would be able to tell 47-ish hp versus 52-ish hp, for example.

If it's a more meaningful bump, say anything up to 799cc but still called a 750, then sure, maybe I can see a worthwhile improvement. I think at least a 10+ hp improvement and some more torque might sway some undecided peeps. Me it wouldn't, I didn't get this thing for a horsepower fix.

Now if it does end up being a 751cc or very marginally higher actual displacement, that would suck. Our insurance premiums go from 751cc to 1150cc in one big $$$ jump! For sure, I can see more people not buying it, because the increase in premiums will outweigh any theoretical beneficial changes, IMHO.

An NC1000, well, I would be very intrigued :cool:, but would want it for a quite different reason than I got my 700. ;)

guys what you've got to remember is that by increase the cc doesn't necessary mean bigger bore or longer stroke,shorter blah blah.
is plenty of ways that these manufacturers get more power without going through all the expense redesigning the top half etc.
they can increase power just by altering the cam's etc.
anyway I'm sure most of you know that already.

All we have to go on is that the magazine article said there was a 50cc displacement increase. The ONLY way to increase the piston displacement is to change the bore and/or stroke dimensions. It's simple geometry.

I don't think the article specifically said anything about a power increase. That would just be an assumption based on the displacement change.

Greg

Last edited:
All we have to go on is that the magazine article said there was a 50cc displacement increase. The ONLY way to increase the piston displacement is to change the bore and/or stroke dimensions.

Greg

yeah but don't take anything as gospel by these publishers.
like papers they like a bit of sensationalism.
when Honda themselves say it then take note.

guys what you've got to remember is that by increase the cc doesn't necessary mean bigger bore or longer stroke,shorter blah blah.

How on earth could they increase the cubic centimeters of displacement without changing the bore and/or stroke?

How on earth could they increase the cubic centimeters of displacement without changing the bore and/or stroke?

You implement a Tardis displacement loop in the flux capcitor thereby enhancing warp derivative exponentially in microcosmologies thus yielding more volume without appreciable variance in external dimensions.

You implement a Tardis displacement loop in the flux capcitor thereby enhancing warp derivative exponentially in microcosmologies thus yielding more volume without appreciable variance in external dimensions.

Yeah, but they're not going to be able to do that and still maintain the affordable budget-friendly price of the bike.

John, saying they can increase the cc of the engine without changing the bore/stroke but instead by making improvements elsewhere is like saying brewers are going to start putting a pint and a half of beer into pint bottles by using a better grade of barley.

The cubic centimeter displacement of an engine is a measure of nothing but the bore and the stroke. The only way to increase it is to make one or both of them larger.

That's a very cheerful way of saying, "Honda just killed the future resale value of used NC700 models". Good thing we like ours well enough to ride them until the wheels fall off.

Not really. Honda will have effectively made them a limited production item
with only a two year run and a very limited number in existence.

670 or 750.....I don't really see much difference.
:p

Yeah I don't get that either. Why bother?
An 850 seems like a much more worthwhile increase in engine size.

Last edited:
Not really. Honda will have effectively made them a limited production item
with only a two year run and a very limited number in existence.

Lets just hope they keep key points of the design common across the models so that we don't find ourselves rapidly orphaned by the aftermarket industry.

Lets just hope they keep key points of the design common across the models so that we don't find ourselves rapidly orphaned by the aftermarket industry.

I would hope that would be the case.
Can't imagine why they would do a radical redesign after only a couple of years.

I would hope that would be the case.
Can't imagine why they would do a radical redesign after only a couple of years.

Changes can be relatively minor and still be enough to cause aftermarket items to not be compatible across different year models.

= they build one with 500 hp that gets 200 mpg.
Lee, if they build it I will buy it, come on the thought makes me drool.

I might buy a new NC1000X to park beside my 700X.
might?, might? all I would need is a good seat and a good traffic lawyer.

OK, so I still have a bit of the juvenile hooligan deep inside this old creaky body, I can't help myself, riding is the only real excitement I get anymore and the "glory days" are just a memory away.

The ideal NC1000 in my book would not be a bigger twin, but a three cylinder with the same engine characteristics, bore and stroke as the 700.

The ideal NC1000 in my book would not be a bigger twin, but a three cylinder with the same engine characteristics, bore and stroke as the 700.

Same here. Hopefully it wouldn't gain too much weight and still get a 50-55 mpg average. I think it would compliment my 700 fine.

Back