• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

NC700XD - Repair Manual

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry guys I had to remove the link, as it is the policy of this website to not allow the copyright materials to be accessed in such fashion.

Sorry guys I had to remove the link, as it is the policy of this website to not allow the copyright materials to be accessed in such fashion.

Ok, sorry, didn't want to break the rules intentionally.
Is it allowed to inform where it can be found in verbal form then? Like saying on which site/forum thread without giving exact link?

Ok, sorry, didn't want to break the rules intentionally.
Is it allowed to inform where it can be found in verbal form then? Like saying on which site/forum thread without giving exact link?

Thanks for not taking it personally.

I would advise against that, myself. Circumventing the spirit of the rule based on a technicality seems a bit disingenuous, and for all intent and purpose (IMHO) results in the same end goal.

The Honda workshop manual is not copyright material in every jurisdiction, country, that the supply the machine in.
In some areas of supply the manufacturer is required by law to provide the material upon request.
For this reason the information you require is freely available in several countries, though links are blocked if you are using a local search engine.
The copyright refered to by this websites moderators is a copyright relevant to the U.S. A
and not necessarily to the world at large.
[partial post edit by Moderator]

Best regards

Tim

I don't disagree with you at all Tim, but please realize that the policy as to how it relates to this website is clear; and trying to apply some other country's laws on the subject just does not make for a catch-all circumvention.

The procurement and/or distribution of such materials via whatever electronic methods or other country's rules regarding the subject, is not allowed here, period.

Thanks for your understanding.

I don't disagree with you at all Tim, but please realize that the policy as to how it relates to this website is clear; and trying to apply some other country's laws on the subject just does not make for a catch-all circumvention.

The procurement and/or distribution of such materials via whatever electronic methods or other country's rules regarding the subject, is not allowed here, period.

Thanks for your understanding.

I understand the policy L.B.S, the Honda Service Repair manual is not copyright material, Honda themselves distribute it freely on the Internet, I was simply pointing out that you will not find the electronic copy if you search using Google.com

I think u mean Honda owners manual, the one that every bike comes with. Honda service manual is huge and doubt if Honda has ever offered them free. I paid something like $60.00 for mine.

Last edited:
Both the Honda service manual and the Honda owner's manual state "No part of this publication may be reproduced without written permission." I'm no legal expert at all, but I'd guess that means Honda can hand these out or sell them at will, or give others written permission to do the same. But I do not, and neither is it likely that other forum members here have that permission to do so. I can give you, or sell you, my copy, but I can't reproduce it on paper or electronically. I can't make it available for download or distribution because that would be a form of reproduction.

So even if Honda makes the owner's manual available for free download from their Web site, I'm not allowed to do the same without permission.

That's my layman's interpretation.

Last edited:
So even if Honda makes the owner's manual available for free download from their Web site, I'm not allowed to do the same without permission.

That's my layman's interpretation.

I agree with you, which is why I most certainly will not post a link or PM anybody a link or copy. But I see no harm on worldwide forum making folk aware that Honda, and their distributors in other countries, are happy for you to have a full workshop manual, then folk can download it directly from themselves.

It is easy to forget that Honda USA is not actually Honda bit a franchise

The bottom line is if there is any kind of unknown or iffy interpretation of what constitutes perfectly acceptable; versus potential grief for this Forum and its Owner that we, the unwashed masses, don't happen to 100% correctly know about, no chances are going to be taken. Certainly not by me. If I'm a mutton head and am too dull to interpret such, or am too quick to err on the side of caution, so be it -then the happy outcome is that I can be educated and corrected by whatever powers that be. :)

The owners, the admin I believe is in Canada though the domain is registered through a Massachusetts company and I didn't try to figure out where the hardware sits, of the site are doing what I would do. Play it safe. Would need a lawyer who is an expert in international copyright to figure out what exactly can and can’t be posted.

I agree with you, which is why I most certainly will not post a link or PM anybody a link or copy. But I see no harm on worldwide forum making folk aware that Honda, and their distributors in other countries, are happy for you to have a full workshop manual, then folk can download it directly from themselves.

It is easy to forget that Honda USA is not actually Honda bit a franchise

I have agree with you there. You have thereby, heretofor, and henceforth made it known.

Last edited:
In spite of the clear message in this thread that posting links to the service manual is not allowed, people keep doing it and I have to keep deleting them. For that reason this thread is now closed. If you post a link to the manual, your privileges to post on the forum will be revoked. Read the rules on the home page!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back