• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

NC700XD - Repair Manual

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made the mistake of ordering all the Honda accessories I wanted at the same time I purchased the bike, two months ago, and I'm still waiting most of them. Hopefully I'll get them before the snow melts... I'll leave the dealer another 1-2 months before asking for a full refund and order everything online.

By the way, I ordered the service manual as well at the same time, never got it.. I spoke with the dealer (a branded Honda Center, that only sells Honda) two weeks ago and they told me that it isn't released yet !!! They even did not have the part number for it... So that means they service NC without any service manual for reference.. They installed my rear view mirrors during delivery, that's the first and last time they touch my bike. I finally ordered my service manual through Helm and got it 3 days later.

I made the mistake of ordering all the Honda accessories I wanted at the same time I purchased the bike, two months ago, and I'm still waiting most of them. Hopefully I'll get them before the snow melts... I'll leave the dealer another 1-2 months before asking for a full refund and order everything online.

By the way, I ordered the service manual as well at the same time, never got it.. I spoke with the dealer (a branded Honda Center, that only sells Honda) two weeks ago and they told me that it isn't released yet !!! They even did not have the part number for it... So that means they service NC without any service manual for reference.. They installed my rear view mirrors during delivery, that's the first and last time they touch my bike. I finally ordered my service manual through Helm and got it 3 days later.

Ouch.

If I would have ordered the Heated grips and all associated install bits from my dealer, the price would have been over $555.30 dollars, and they weren't in stock anyway.

I got them and all the bits needed, for less than $275.00 dollars online, and had them arrive within one week. (From two different suppliers, one in like Michigan or somewhere, and one part from Webike Japan!)

I'm afraid I could not ignore a $280.00+ savings in cost...

The turn this thread is taking makes me even happier with my dealer. My bike was already set up with all the accessories I wanted (and a couple I wouldn't have bought on my own, but are nice), and they were SOoo inexpensive. Maybe I just got lucky this time, but things couldn't have been smoother, nor less expensive, at my dealer!

The turn this thread is taking makes me even happier with my dealer. My bike was already set up with all the accessories I wanted (and a couple I wouldn't have bought on my own, but are nice), and they were SOoo inexpensive. Maybe I just got lucky this time, but things couldn't have been smoother, nor less expensive, at my dealer!

If you have a great dealer, hang on for dear life! :D

Ouch.

If I would have ordered the Heated grips and all associated install bits from my dealer, the price would have been over $555.30 dollars, and they weren't in stock anyway.

I got them and all the bits needed, for less than $275.00 dollars online, and had them arrive within one week. (From two different suppliers, one in like Michigan or somewhere, and one part from Webike Japan!)

I'm afraid I could not ignore a $280.00+ savings in cost...

I understand, but I was in a slightly different situation. As you probably know, we have two different taxes in Quebec, one 5% and another nice 9.5% over the first.. That makes a total of 14.975% taxes over everything we buy, including a new bike.. Since I traded in a 18k Goldwing to get the NC (call me crazy..), I was able to avoid those taxes up to a purchase of the same value as my trade. So I ended up adding all the goodies I wanted right from the same transaction at the dealer, to avoid the taxes on everything. After looking at the prices you got, maybe it wasn't as good of a deal...

I understand, but I was in a slightly different situation. As you probably know, we have two different taxes in Quebec, one 5% and another nice 9.5% over the first.. That makes a total of 14.975% taxes over everything we buy, including a new bike.. Since I traded in a 18k Goldwing to get the NC (call me crazy..), I was able to avoid those taxes up to a purchase of the same value as my trade. So I ended up adding all the goodies I wanted right from the same transaction at the dealer, to avoid the taxes on everything. After looking at the prices you got, maybe it wasn't as good of a deal...

I totally understand. You have to make the call at the time, that you think is the best you can, given the prevailing circumstances!

I thought 12% tax was brutal...:eek:

Oh, I traded my $18k BMW in for my NC (and oooh boy, did I ever lose my financial shirt in the deal, auugh!) but I'm still so happy I did, never the less.

Can you give us the link on where to register?
Are you sure they give the Wrokshop Manual for free?

Sign up here (same for Honda cars and motorcycles for American Honda, not sure what is available for other countries):

https://www.ahm-ownerlink.com/user_profile.asp

I don't have an NC but my experence with other Honda MC's is that you can download Owner's Manuals, not service manuals

HTH

Sign up here (same for Honda cars and motorcycles for American Honda, not sure what is available for other countries):

https://www.ahm-ownerlink.com/user_profile.asp

I don't have an NC but my experence with other Honda MC's is that you can download Owner's Manuals, not service manuals

HTH

I believe the service manual is the only one people were concerned with in this thread. But that's good to know that you can get an owners manual this way if one were to lose theirs.

Having a PDF copy of the owner's manual in my smartphone helps a lot my not so good memory

If you register on honda owners webpage they give you the manuals for free. Or join Honda rides club.

In the case of the NC, the sites (both the owner's site and HRCA's site) simply offer a link to the Helm website to order a copy. HOWEVER, since you made me look at my accounts in both places, just to verify ;) , I found that the common service manual is a free download to HRCA members!

In the case of the NC, the sites (both the owner's site and HRCA's site) simply offer a link to the Helm website to order a copy. HOWEVER, since you made me look at my accounts in both places, just to verify ;) , I found that the common service manual is a free download to HRCA members!

Care to share if there are no concerns with distribution?

Sure! The HRCA link goes here:
Service Manual Request - Technical Error

So, I was sorta wrong. It's not a download link, but a link to a 'live' webpage with the manual on it. Anyway, I can't see how there would be concerns with distribution, since HRCA is a no-charge-to-join club of Honda's, and they just let you click the link. Enjoy!

Sure! The HRCA link goes here:
Service Manual Request - Technical Error

So, I was sorta wrong. It's not a download link, but a link to a 'live' webpage with the manual on it. Anyway, I can't see how there would be concerns with distribution, since HRCA is a no-charge-to-join club of Honda's, and they just let you click the link. Enjoy!

Gee. I found out I was still a member from my ST1100 days.

I was able to access the link with my username and password for honda financial services site, but i can't seem to get past the first two pages of safety material.

Last edited:
I was able to access the link with my username and password for honda financial services site, but i can't seem to get past the first two pages of safety material.

It only worked for me in IE. I had the same problem as you with both Firefox and Chrome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back